Welcome to Gaia! ::

The LGBT Guild

Back to Guilds

This is a guild for all sexual orientation equality supporters to chat and feel welcomed. 

Tags: Homosexual, Bisexual, Transgender, Genderqueer 

Reply Help and Advice
the little gay boy across the street

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

know any little possibly gay kids in your area?
  yep
  nope
  if there are, they are low key about it to the max
View Results

Z_Temple

6,350 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:34 am
so i've always known him since he was a little baby thing, and recently(or maybe starting 6months ago) ive noticed hes becoming very feminine. he was wearing a white dress with pink hearts on it the day i finally noticed. hes very much into cooking and deisigning things(he was doing wig hair on manikin head in his living room, and went to 'inspect' a house for sale down the road, so much he explained...). i know i've heard the little girls in the house next to him(directly across from mine) tease him for being more girly then them(and me for that matter).
my question is, if you heard this happening on a daily basis, would you go out there and defend him? i've been very tempted because i hate the little girls anyway and this just gives me an excuse to harrase them, but more so to help the boy out, his name is Blu by the way.
i've also been asked by his parents to possibly baby sit him if needed or if they ask. which im totally down for, but as far as i know his parents are oblivious, but then again i am just assuming hes gay, but if you saw and talked to him, you would understand why. but if i do baby sit i dont really know what to do sweatdrop the only time i did baby sit before it was with a friend and we just sat them in front of the TV and they would normally watch whatever we put on(nothing too bad obviously). now, i pretty much have stopped watching regular tv besides a couple cartoon shows and Wilfred. basically all i watch is Project Runway and RuPaul's DragU. sooooooo, anyone know any good tv shows? >.< all that comes to mind is Adventure Time.
recap on questions;
should i defend Blu's possible gayness when being teased?
what should i do if i end up baby sitting/tv shows maybe?
and should i encurage him to be more open about himself(or at least prepare him when he gets into middle/high school)?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:19 am
Doesn't have to be television really. You could probably make popcorn and watch a movie with him and I'm sure there are some games he likes to play.

As for the teasing, kids will tease one another for anything - chances are those girls would tease him regardless of his femininity. I wouldn't necessarily encourage him to be open yet, but do reinforce that it's okay to be that way if that's what he likes.  

Le Scratch
Vice Captain

Icy Humorist

31,825 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100

Gordums

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:20 pm
I think it's important to hold back your judgements on the girls and on Blu before you do anything.
Blu may be expressing a lot of feminine traits, but keep it mind that it does not determine his sexuality. Secondly, you can't assume Blue is going to be gay. If he does turn out to not be heterosexual, he may be bisexual, pansexual, or another sexual orientation.
Another thing is hate is a strong word, and we don't need that s**t cool If you do approach these girls, remember to hold back your personal dislike for them because you would be intervening on the relations between these girls and Blu, and being rude and hateful while defending Blu won't exactly help his case.
You should talk to Blu before you do defend him however. It's important to defend people, but at the same time see how he feels about the situation before you defend him so you know how to or whether you shouldn't. Some people don't want to be defended and that is their choice and we all have to respect that.
If you do babysit him, it would be a great time for you two to bond. Don't use the tV, but actually play with him, get to know him, and be his friend so you can make sure somebody is supporting him.
As for being more open about himself, I don't recommend you to touch on that issue. Unfortunately we are not professional advice givers or counsellors, and advice that he takes and uses is very sensitive for kids going to are in middle school and high school. However, you can express to him how he shouldn't let other peoples judgements get the best of him and that he should be happy with himself.

Best of luck with whatever you do and I hope you do end up getting to baby sit him smile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:35 am
Gordums
I think it's important to hold back your judgements on the girls and on Blu before you do anything.
Blu may be expressing a lot of feminine traits, but keep it mind that it does not determine his sexuality. Secondly, you can't assume Blue is going to be gay. If he does turn out to not be heterosexual, he may be bisexual, pansexual, or another sexual orientation.
Another thing is hate is a strong word, and we don't need that s**t cool If you do approach these girls, remember to hold back your personal dislike for them because you would be intervening on the relations between these girls and Blu, and being rude and hateful while defending Blu won't exactly help his case.
You should talk to Blu before you do defend him however. It's important to defend people, but at the same time see how he feels about the situation before you defend him so you know how to or whether you shouldn't. Some people don't want to be defended and that is their choice and we all have to respect that.
If you do babysit him, it would be a great time for you two to bond. Don't use the tV, but actually play with him, get to know him, and be his friend so you can make sure somebody is supporting him.
As for being more open about himself, I don't recommend you to touch on that issue. Unfortunately we are not professional advice givers or counsellors, and advice that he takes and uses is very sensitive for kids going to are in middle school and high school. However, you can express to him how he shouldn't let other peoples judgements get the best of him and that he should be happy with himself.

Best of luck with whatever you do and I hope you do end up getting to baby sit him smile

Why won't it let me tip this post? razz  

Meeatu

5,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Regular 100
  • First step to fame 200
Help and Advice

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items