Welcome to Gaia! ::

Digimon: Tamer Island Guild

Back to Guilds

#1 Digimon Guild where you can actually be a Tamer with your very own Digimon. 

Tags: Digimon, Tamer, Island, Digimon Tamer, Tamer Island 

Reply Server Continent (Entertainment Forum)
Dueling Network Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you play Dueling Network
  Yes
  No
View Results

Jyger85

3,550 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:05 pm
SU Blue
Jyger85
Okay, I've updated the list of names.

Also, I run a Synchro Deck (sorry Zar) that includes a lot of the same Synchro Monsters Yusei uses in the show and the manga, but also makes room for a few of my personal favourites, particularly my buddy and Spirit Partner, Marshmallon. heart

...Actually, if anyone has any suggestions for a deck style that would better support Marshmallon and the style he brings to the table, I'm all ears.

I can't help you with a Marshmallon deck, but here's some info to help you make one.

This card can be searched via "Sangan", "Last Will", "Witch of the Black Forest", "Shining Angel", "Sphere of Chaos", and "Nova Summoner".
This card can be useful as a wall in many types of decks, with the added Burn as a bonus.
"Marshmallon" works well with "Raregold Armor", "Taunt", or "Ring of Magnetism" if you don't have "Marshmallon Glasses".
If you have "Spirit Barrier" or "The Sanctuary in the Sky" on the Field instead of Royal Decree, Piercing attacks won't work.
When your opponent attacks your face-up "Marshmallon" with a piercer or a problem-solver like "D.D. Warrior Lady", use "Book of Moon" on "Marshmallon" for some extra damage.
When this card is on the field at the same time as "Freya, Spirit of Victory", your opponent won't be able to damage you with attacks.
After this card is destroyed, you may get it back to the field face-down with "The Shallow Grave". Unfortunately, the opponent may Special Summon any face-down monster also, so you should use "Shield Crush" or "Nobleman of Crossout" to get rid of that monster, and nullify the opponent's advantage.
This card works well in Fairy and Counter Fairy decks, as it can be used with "Honest" and "The Sanctuary in the Sky", and can be revived by and used as a way to special summon "Archlord Kristya".
This card also works well in Stall/Burn decks, due to it's 1,000 Burn effect and it's ability to not be destroyed by battle.
This card is useful in a deck that relies on Synchro Summoning monsters like "Turbo Warrior"-in case you can't get "Junk Warrior" out beforehand and you already have "Turbo Synchron" and a level two monster like "Quillbolt Hedgehog" out on the field.

I've already read these tips in the Marshmallon section on Yugioh Wiki, but thanks anyway.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:10 pm
Jyger85
SU Blue
Jyger85
Okay, I've updated the list of names.

Also, I run a Synchro Deck (sorry Zar) that includes a lot of the same Synchro Monsters Yusei uses in the show and the manga, but also makes room for a few of my personal favourites, particularly my buddy and Spirit Partner, Marshmallon. heart

...Actually, if anyone has any suggestions for a deck style that would better support Marshmallon and the style he brings to the table, I'm all ears.

I can't help you with a Marshmallon deck, but here's some info to help you make one.

This card can be searched via "Sangan", "Last Will", "Witch of the Black Forest", "Shining Angel", "Sphere of Chaos", and "Nova Summoner".
This card can be useful as a wall in many types of decks, with the added Burn as a bonus.
"Marshmallon" works well with "Raregold Armor", "Taunt", or "Ring of Magnetism" if you don't have "Marshmallon Glasses".
If you have "Spirit Barrier" or "The Sanctuary in the Sky" on the Field instead of Royal Decree, Piercing attacks won't work.
When your opponent attacks your face-up "Marshmallon" with a piercer or a problem-solver like "D.D. Warrior Lady", use "Book of Moon" on "Marshmallon" for some extra damage.
When this card is on the field at the same time as "Freya, Spirit of Victory", your opponent won't be able to damage you with attacks.
After this card is destroyed, you may get it back to the field face-down with "The Shallow Grave". Unfortunately, the opponent may Special Summon any face-down monster also, so you should use "Shield Crush" or "Nobleman of Crossout" to get rid of that monster, and nullify the opponent's advantage.
This card works well in Fairy and Counter Fairy decks, as it can be used with "Honest" and "The Sanctuary in the Sky", and can be revived by and used as a way to special summon "Archlord Kristya".
This card also works well in Stall/Burn decks, due to it's 1,000 Burn effect and it's ability to not be destroyed by battle.
This card is useful in a deck that relies on Synchro Summoning monsters like "Turbo Warrior"-in case you can't get "Junk Warrior" out beforehand and you already have "Turbo Synchron" and a level two monster like "Quillbolt Hedgehog" out on the field.

I've already read these tips in the Marshmallon section on Yugioh Wiki, but thanks anyway.

Yo bro, are you up for that RP battle? cool ChaosGallantmon vs. Gallantmon?  

Cuevas_506

SU Blue

Lonely Werewolf

6,750 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:18 pm
Lol, I just destroyed an exodia deck user with my gem knights.
He stocked his deck with jar of greeds, pot of dualities, some kind of goblin spell that let him draw a card and let me gain 1000 life points, mirror force, all three sacred beasts and actually summoned Hamon on me,and a gravity bind, but my Gem Knights: Obsidian(the only knight that wasn't affected by gravity bind), amethys, aquamarine, and ruby won me the game. It was so easy to fusion summon amethys and aquamarine, then use gem enhancement or gem fusion to fuse it again! I was able to get rid of Hamon and his gravity bind, and finish the game with ruby and two armadillos attacking directly.

Is there a gem knight for any situation? I'm starting to think so.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:28 pm
SU Blue
He stocked his deck with jar of greeds, pot of dualities, some kind of goblin spell that let him draw a card and let me gain 1000 life points, mirror force, all three sacred beasts and actually summoned Hamon on me,and a gravity bind, but my Gem Knights: Obsidian(the only knight that wasn't affected by gravity bind), amethys, aquamarine, and ruby won me the game. It was so easy to fusion summon amethys and aquamarine, then use gem enhancement or gem fusion to fuse it again! I was able to get rid of Hamon and his gravity bind, and finish the game with ruby and two armadillos attacking directly.

again proving anything after gx becomes bs because every set of cards any counter anything else to the point its not strategy of the cards you draw and how to play them more just make a deck with a set strategy and go off that with no originality in how to play the cards.  

ZarAburame

SU Blue

Lonely Werewolf

6,750 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:32 pm
ZarAburame
SU Blue

again proving anything after 5ds becomes bs because every set of cards any counter anything else to the point its not strategy of the cards you draw and how to play them more just make a deck with a set strategy and go off that with no originality in how to play the cards.

Nope, that's where you are wrong. Gem Knights work almost exactly the same as elemental Heroes except that there are less of them, they tend to have less rape abilities, and the non fusion members are mostly stronger than those of the Elemental Heroes. Besides, all of their support cards are counterparts to already made cards. They just look cooler is all.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:34 pm
E. Heroes vs. Gem Knights

In your opinion, which is stronger?
(I want everyone to answer this)

My answer is E. Heroes  

SU Blue

Lonely Werewolf

6,750 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

wild wulfie of the forest

Friendly Werewolf

6,800 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:43 pm
SU Blue
E. Heroes vs. Gem Knights

In your opinion, which is stronger?
(I want everyone to answer this)

My answer is E. Heroes

o.o;
Hmm...
Well, it all really depends on what you're looking for.

For a lot of flexibility, E. Heroes is by far the best (Quite a few fusions to choose from here)

For a more beat down strategy, Gem-Knights tend to be the way to go since quite a few of them have effects that activate when they leave the field and Gem-Knights are a bit easier to do because there's not as many of them.

All in all, I'd have to say E Heroes because they have tons of support available to them (Reinforcement of the Army, the Warrior Returning Alive, Miracle Fusion, Parralel Fusion, etc.)  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:17 pm
Thanks Wulfie.

Not all post GX archetypes are broken Zar. Just most of them. I suggest you try one of the hidden arsenal/duel transer archetypes. They have almost no support spells and traps, so it's up to you to make them good.  

SU Blue

Lonely Werewolf

6,750 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Friendly Werewolf

6,800 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:15 pm
Some of the not as broken archetypes:
Watts, Morphtronics, Synchron, and Scrap.

Some of the more broken ones:
6 Samurai, Naturia, Blackwings, and Ice Barriers.

And I disagree, Zar. While I have seen a number of unoriginal synchro decks, there have been quite a few lately that are quite original (some of which are mine).

It all really depends on what you want to do really. Don't get into the mindset that all synchro decks have only one set strategy and can only be played one specific way.

Besides, every deck has a weakness and you just need to find it.

For example, quite a few 6 Samurai decks are toast if you have Skill Drain out since they mostly rely on their effects to special summon a bunch to the field and then use their effects to control the entire field basically.

Another weakness is the fact that most synchros have high attack, meaning cards like Bottomless Trap Hole and Messenger of Peace stop them right in their tracks.

With that said, I've beaten several Synchro decks with my E heroes deck, Batteryman deck, and even a Cyber deck.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:18 pm

It's funny, I have a friend that uses all of those, but on my last trip back home my frogs finally got a clear, absolute win against his Blackwings.  

SU Blue

Lonely Werewolf

6,750 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Friendly Werewolf

6,800 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:23 pm
SU Blue

It's funny, I have a friend that uses all of those, but on my last trip back home my frogs finally got a clear, absolute win against his Blackwings.

Interesting...
Did he have a bad start or did you manage a DES Croaking?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:30 pm
SU Blue

Interesting...

I should mention all three rounds took about an hour apiece. I legitimately out lasted him(not by deck out), but I think it was froggy forcefield, gravity bind, and wetlands that did it for me.
One des croaking may work on most people, but for him and his blackwings it took several.  

SU Blue

Lonely Werewolf

6,750 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Friendly Werewolf

6,800 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:36 pm
SU Blue
SU Blue

Interesting...

I should mention all three rounds took about an hour apiece. I legitimately out lasted him(not by deck out), but I think it was froggy forcefield, gravity bind, and wetlands that did it for me.
One des croaking may work on most people, but for him and his blackwings it took several.

I see, I see~  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:08 am
if anyone wants to duel, I'll be ready pretty much whenever~  

Friendly Werewolf

6,800 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Forum Regular 100

Friendly Werewolf

6,800 Points