Reply Serious Conversations
Drunk Driving

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lush xx

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:29 pm
So... has anyone been convicted of an OUI or Continuance without a finding?

I'd like to hear some stories..

If you wanna throw in some other convictions, more than welcome to

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:04 pm
My brother got pulled over for a DUI a ways back. I dunno all the details since he and I don't get a chance to see each other much outside of family gatherings so I only get word from my parents. He screwed up even further by missing a hearing so he had to spend a couple days in jail for it so in the end, he had to get a personal breathalyzer for his car that he had to use constantly, had to do community service and a all the fees, cost of the breathalyzer, and cost of a lawyer was not all fun and games for him. He owes my folks quite a bit for helping him through a lot of it.

Another incident was my cousin, he and his friends had been out for the night and they were under the influence at one point of the evening. There was a nasty accident from it, T-bone I think. My cousin was lucky that him and his friends got out of it with minor injuries, he had a nice head gash himself. But the other people in the car had more serious injuries. Thankfully no fatalities, overall yea drunk driving is a no bueno.

I've been very thankful that (so far) the only ticket I've ever received was a speeding ticket and I was able to get the fine mitigated bc I had a clean driving record for the year and a half that I had been driving at the time. I was only 19 but I had no spots on my record. sweatdrop

Liada Trovaras

Lush xx

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:16 pm
Oh jeez, I'm going through something similar at the moment and very worried for the out come..
Fingers & toes crossed neutral

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:21 pm
I masturbated in front of an 8 year old twice.  

HiroShinMozas

Aged Hero

5,050 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Dressed Up 200

Liada Trovaras

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:36 pm
Lush xx
Oh jeez, I'm going through something similar at the moment and very worried for the out come..

Well I won't ask for details on what all happened but overall as long as you are up front and honest about what happened it should go through quickly enough for you. I do hope things turn out okay for you but it is gonna be a struggle.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:16 pm
Super Cphiro

So you are a sex offender, well that makes me feel a little better!!  

Lush xx

Lush xx

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:18 pm
Liada Trovaras
Lush xx

Well I won't ask for details on what all happened but overall as long as you are up front and honest about what happened it should go through quickly enough for you. I do hope things turn out okay for you but it is gonna be a struggle.

Thank you, I'm hoping the judge will be reasonable .. neutral  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:22 pm
I had a speeding ticket so much over that I had a required court appearance, only issue was I was only in that state visiting my marine friend. I didn't know what I was going to do about it, since I couldn't very well fly back for the court date. Later that evening my friend's roommate informed me the same thing happened to him before he was getting deployed and the court informed him they could lessen the charge if he upped the fine payment, so he told me to call and tell the court clerk that I would just like to do that. Which I of course said, wait you can do that? So I tried it, explained my situation, and sure enough I paid out about an extra $150 but the charge was lessened and the court appearance taken away. In fact the ticket never even showed up on my record....

Had a similar situation come up while speeding in a school zone when i was about 17 while running late for school. My car's timing belt fell off and i had to get towed home then drive my mom's car back and I didn't want to miss my class so I was speeding through a zone that wasn't a school zone 2 hours earlier in that day but then was when I was going nuts through there at that time... yes I'm a HUGE nerd who liked learning... but anyway I ended up paying about $450 for that ticket because some random lawyer guy that I ran into at the court house kept it off my record because I paid out more to the court...

But nothing other than speeding for me. *loves fast cars*

lady leko-chan

Desirable Sex Symbol

Faerie KatrinaZ
Crew

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:32 pm
In my lifetime, I've had a grand total of 3 speeding tickets and one R&R (Repair and Review) for a loud muffler. I did a fair amount of drinking in my younger days, but fortunately never got caught with drunk driving.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:03 am
lady leko-chan
I had a speeding ticket so much over that I had a required court appearance, only issue was I was only in that state visiting my marine friend. I didn't know what I was going to do about it, since I couldn't very well fly back for the court date. Later that evening my friend's roommate informed me the same thing happened to him before he was getting deployed and the court informed him they could lessen the charge if he upped the fine payment, so he told me to call and tell the court clerk that I would just like to do that. Which I of course said, wait you can do that? So I tried it, explained my situation, and sure enough I paid out about an extra $150 but the charge was lessened and the court appearance taken away. In fact the ticket never even showed up on my record....

Had a similar situation come up while speeding in a school zone when i was about 17 while running late for school. My car's timing belt fell off and i had to get towed home then drive my mom's car back and I didn't want to miss my class so I was speeding through a zone that wasn't a school zone 2 hours earlier in that day but then was when I was going nuts through there at that time... yes I'm a HUGE nerd who liked learning... but anyway I ended up paying about $450 for that ticket because some random lawyer guy that I ran into at the court house kept it off my record because I paid out more to the court...

But nothing other than speeding for me. *loves fast cars*

Bahaha I love fast cars too!! The fastest I've ever gone was 130 something though
Although I would never speed in order to make class, it doesn't seem to be a bad quality to have

Lush xx

Lush xx

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:05 am
Faerie KatrinaZ
In my lifetime, I've had a grand total of 3 speeding tickets and one R&R (Repair and Review) for a loud muffler. I did a fair amount of drinking in my younger days, but fortunately never got caught with drunk driving.

Lucky, needless to say I learned my lesson
Now I get that driving is definitely a privilege

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:37 am
Lush xx
Liada Trovaras
Lush xx

Thank you, I'm hoping the judge will be reasonable .. neutral

Well I doubt you'd have my luck where the judge was a regular customer at my grocery store where I worked. He recognized me and joked a little about how I would be overcharging him for groceries after this and I was all " sweatdrop Ahhh no I don't think so sir...." Then we got down to business and when it was all over and I was dismissed the judge just had to call out after me saying "I'll see you at the store!" User Image Not a bad experience but embarrassing all the same...

Liada Trovaras

HiroShinMozas

Aged Hero

5,050 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:58 pm
Lush xx
Super Cphiro

So you are a sex offender, well that makes me feel a little better!!

Well, I did it a few years back when I was 15, so Im technically not a sex offender.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:25 am
I have dome somethings in my life that were not wise choices but have not yet received a ticket or been arrested. I do tend to drive fast though.  

Lilith Amaranth

Stargazer Lily
Crew

Tipsy Tycoon

6,975 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:35 pm
*Sighs softly* Odd that this page should be here today. Just sending hugs to a friend - he lost some friends last night who were out drinking and driving. cry Only 1 of 4 survived the incident, that ones in critical condition.

Hope things turned out ok for the original poster with the courts.  
Serious Conversations

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games