Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { After School Special } -----Character Plotting
[YEARBOOK] - OOC Artist Search! (Closed ATM) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Enoh Love
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:47 am
Yearbook Committee
The OOC Art/Graphic help plz Thread

With all these Snots turning to Knobs, you know what TiH needs? That's right, a Yearbook! It was all liz's idea, however after harassing the hell out of her asking her about it, I was forcibly asked to take charge of this little project! So far and thanks to some very special (and questionably sane) people I have a good idea of what to do content wise, but there are some things I still need quite a bit of help with!

Here is where you come in, though! I'm absolutely inept at making remotely pretty graphics (HANDS UP IF YOU NOTICED LACK OF GRAPHICS IN THIS THREAD I thought so), so I'm crawling over and making sad eyes are you to help me. What do I need? Well, I need some volunteer artists, some thread graphics, and a cover concept to pass along to a super sekrit person!

See the next couple of posts for specifics, if you're still interested!  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:48 am
Calling all Artists!
This is not a contest. =D

While looking through my own Yearbooks, I noted that there was an awful lot of pictures of various people doing various things at various points in the school year. I figured there would be a lot of people who would already have their own Yearbook-worthy arts of their own characters, but it never hurts to add more! I'm not entirely sure how many artists I will be looking for, but please remember that this is strictly on a volunteer basis. You will at least get special credit for your work!

There is one thing I know I'm looking for! It is simply this; Coloured art preferred; At least flat colours. This is NOT mandatory by any means; if you would only rather donate lineart, you understand that either myself or one of my minions will be flat colouring it for you. <3 Also keep in mind that we will also be asking for already existing art, this is strictly just for extras to beef up the Yearbook scrapbook pages!

ICly, the Yearbook Committee is recruiting Junior Photographers. If you would like your student to have taken the photos you drew for the yearbook, please note it in the form below! You do not need to have a student to apply as an artist!

If you would still like to help with the art aspect of this, please post the following in this thread! Please Apply by Friday, August 5th at 11:59PM PST but may be extended if necessary!

:!: [size=15][color=blue][b]I would like to art![/b][/color][/size]
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Will your Student be willing to be a Junior Photographer?:[/b] (Enrolled Students only)
[b]How many pieces are you willing to do?:[/b]
[b]How long does it take you to complete a piece?:[/b]
[b]Examples:[/b]
[i]By posting this I understand that if I submit only lineart, it will be flat coloured by Yearbook staff[/i]

Enoh Love
Crew

Enoh Love
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:57 am
BATTLE OF THE Graphic Artists Unite!
This IS a contest =D

Where would a Yearbook be without fantastic graphics? This section will be run a little differently than the artist section, where instead of myself choosing the artists, we're going to get the general populace to choose the graphics! Interesting, eh? Like the artists, this section is purely voluntary, there are no prizes outside of getting a credit for the work you've done!

Here is what we're looking for:
  • Brand New: No reusing old designs. Must be made new from scratch!
  • Halloween-y: Remember this is a Halloweentown Yearbook!
  • Your Mission, should you choose to accept it: Is to create a single Header image (with editable text!), a single footer image, thumbnails for 'Official' images, and, optionally, dividiers. All of these (Except for the optional dividers) must be completed before the contest closes!
  • Winner will be voted for by a jury of your peers! At the end of the contest we will allow the thread goers to vote for their favourite!
  • The Winner will be expected to be at my mercy when my indecisive a** asks you to retitle every banner a few million times. =D OR you can save yourself the trouble and throw the original PDFs at me while running screaming. That's cool too.

If you would still like to enter a set of graphics, please post the following in this thread! CONTEST ENDS Friday, August 5th at 11:59PM PST but may be extended if necessary!

:?: [size=15][color=green][b]Graphics Entry![/b][/color][/size]
[b]My Entry:[/b] (Please include the Header, Footer, and an example thumbnail graphic)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:58 am
Cover Concept Contest!

This is different from both sections where this is a concept contest, meaning we just want an idea, not the finished product! The winning design will used for the 'cover' of the book and be credited as the designer!

Give it your best shot! Things to keep in mind: Current Thread graphics theme, shop theme, Halloween...you know, the usual things. Yearbook-y!

If you would still like to enter for the cover concept contest, please post the following in this thread! CONTEST ENDS Friday, August 5th at 11:59PM PST but may be extended if necessary!

:?: [size=15][color=orange][b]I judge by the cover![/b][/color][/size]
[b]My Concept Entry:[/b] (Text is okay, but a doodle or mock-up is preferred, even if it's ms paint!)

Enoh Love
Crew

Enoh Love
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:59 am
Test Subjects Beloved Applicants
(Mostly for my record, no worries)

Artists

Cover Concept Entries
  • Doot ~

Thread Graphics Entries
  • Doot ~

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:00 am
YAY THIS THREAD IS OPEN

CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE IC RECRUITMENT!

Enoh Love
Crew

Smerdle
Crew

Scamp

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:35 am
exclaim I would like to art!
Username: Smerdle
Will your Student be willing to be a Junior Photographer?: Sadly, no. I clearly need another student who isn't a d**k *shot*
How many pieces are you willing to do?: I don't knowww two or three? I think it would depend on how soon you needed them by and stuff and things
How long does it take you to complete a piece?: A week if I don't get art constipation or distract myself or have an unintentional Gaia vacation like right now wheeeee
Examples: x x
By posting this I understand that if I submit only lineart, it will be flat coloured by Yearbook staff

AAAAA I WAS ON FRICKIN YEARBOOK STAFF IRL AND I LOVE YEARBOOKS BUT DON'T LET THIS MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU HAVE TO PICK ME BECAUSE YOU TOTES DON'T ILU ENOH O MAN AAAFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTHHHHHFFFF  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:43 am
Username: kuromeez
Will your Student be willing to be a Junior Photographer?: Ren would probably be cool with taking photographs. <:
How many pieces are you willing to do?: Mmmmm a few, perhaps? I can start off by saying 2-3. C:
How long does it take you to complete a piece?: A few hours; probably one fully colored piece per day.
Examples: [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] DevArt
By posting this I understand that if I submit only lineart, it will be flat coloured by Yearbook staff

/TTLY WAS ON YEARBOOK STAFF IN HIGH SCHOOL TOO C8  

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

Zyphiris
Crew

Dainty Snowflake

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:58 am
Username: Zyphiris
Will your Student be willing to be a Junior Photographer?: Edel will need someone to teach her how to use a camera first. After that, she'll be snapping away 8D
How many pieces are you willing to do?: About 2? I'll see if I can spare more time lD
How long does it take you to complete a piece?: .....that depends on how lazy I am the style I'm using. UH, if you kick me into submission I'd say a few hours a piece (excluding fullbodies)
Examples: Have at my sketchblog bro
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:22 am
Username: Drifter Jet Enduro
Will your Student be willing to be a Junior Photographer?: No~ He's too busy being a cowboil.
How many pieces are you willing to do?: 2-3
How long does it take you to complete a piece?: About a day, depending how busy I am.
Examples:

Full Color:
X x X x X

Line Art:
X x X

Bittiface

Sarcastic Hunter

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:03 pm
Username: Blade Kuroda
Will your Student be willing to be a Junior Photographer?:.. nope
How many pieces are you willing to do?: Let's say... 2/3, possibly more if I have the time
How long does it take you to complete a piece?: Usually 2-5 hours? Give or take some depending on the exact image.
Examples: [x][x][x]
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:21 pm
Username: Ravvlet
Will your Student be willing to be a Junior Photographer?: Hahahaha yes, sure, but please expect her to get all the terribly awkward shots.
How many pieces are you willing to do?: I am not sure right now? XD I need to see where I'm at with my owed art by then!
How long does it take you to complete a piece?: Usually a day but it depends on when I have time to work on it
Examples: cheebs x sceneish things x x

Ravvlet
Crew

Hygienic Waffles

Chobi_Chocobo

Distinct Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:29 pm
Username: Chobi_Chocobo
Will your Student be willing to be a Junior Photographer?: Charlie could help with this : 3
How many pieces are you willing to do?: 2 but I can do more as needed
How long does it take you to complete a piece?: about a day or two, no longer then a week. It really depends : DD
Examples: http://chobichocobo.deviantart.com/
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:39 pm
Smerds, kuro, Zyphiris, Drifter, Blade, Ravvlet and Chobaby;

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR APPLICATIONS!

I will be demanding requesting art from each of you! Let me just get some suggestions from the student body, I'll update this thread with scenes they'd like to see. Of course, if you have a specific scene in mind, feel free to draw that up! Just remember that there are a lot of students, try to spread the love around? <333  

Enoh Love
Crew

Enoh Love
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:14 pm
Chobi_Chocobo

Ravvlet

Blade Kuroda

Drifter Jet Enduro

Zyphiris

Smerdle

Quote Party #2!

This was back from a looooong time ago, but I'ma try to pick it up again now, and was wondering if you lovely people still wanted to help out, art-wise? If not, that is totally okay! If so, just...um. Making sure you're here! 8Da  
{ After School Special } -----Character Plotting

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff