Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Does this RP Interest you so far?
  Yes! Me liky Roleplay!!!!
  Sorta, seems interesting enough.
  Kinda, not sure if i will join though
  Yeeeeaaaahhhh....no. Looks far too restrictive.
  Naw man, I opened this and BLAM wall-o-text. No thank you.
  I'M A SPACE PONY! HAR!!!!
View Results

Zeraal

Militant Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:48 pm
About the RP.

The Roleplay isn't the type that has a specific story for you to follow. There is a story and it will effect your characters but it is not required for you to play that story specifically. If you wish to roleplay a romance then that will work too. I try to make something for everyone, schools, polotics, war, lack there of, no time travelling though...I have a thing against time travelling -.-

Put a ninja anywhere in your submission if you read all the rules.
EDIT: Oh almost forgot, this is the first of a trilogy that I intend to make here. In this particular installment the characters that will likely see the most action are: spies, assassins, politicians ((ie: kings, queens, senators etc.)), and ninja-wizards XD. Characters that are of course playable but not likely to get any plot action include but are not limited too: soldiers, merchants, and civilians. Minor races also aren't likely to be effected to greatly by what is going on. You are still welcome and even encouraged to play whatever kind of character you want on whatever kind of adventure you want. The world is larger than just one story after all.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:18 pm
Story

The world of Terra is filled with numerous creatures. Old creatures new creatures, good creatures and bad creatures. Amongst these creatures several races of formed major nations and are now recognized as the majority of the planet. These major races are the human kingdoms, the united orc tribes, the dragon clans, the elf monarchy, the dwarf kingdom, the hobbit townships, and finally the azrandi republic. While there is a collective sense of peace the stirrings of conspiracy have been suspected within some of the ruling parties of some of the major races. However these have so far proven to be only rumors, whether or not there is any truth to them has yet to be seen.

Rule time.*groan*

Most Important rule of all rules In fact this is the King of Rules: Read the Rules. Yes, they are long. Yes they are tedious. However, if you don't you will inevitably break them and then I will have to talk to you, and that conversation is just uncomfortable for everyone.

1: I get final say on everything. Relax, I'm not gonna tell you what to do unless I have too. Like "Stop breaking my rules."

2: No godmodding, or powerplaying. Autohitting is now an iffy one for me, my first inclination is to say don't but I will monitor and determine when it is and isn't ok. Naturally if the person on the receiving end of it is against it then I will respect that and so will everyone else.

3: PG-13 for everything. Being descriptive is one thing, being gruesome, or excessively intimate is another. Its like the difference between watching Inuyasha and watching Gantz<---(not suggested for peoples under 18 )

4: Do not fight OOC on...anywhere. Not here not on the soon to be created OOC thread. Not even in the PMs. I can guarantee you all right now that there will be disputes there always is. If you have an issue take it to me so that we can resolve it in a civil manner. When people see fighting in OOC it deters them from the RP. Old members quit and potential members refuse to join. I find that more often than not a fight will kill a Roleplay, please, don't kill my roleplay >.<

5: Don't kill characters without that player's permissions. Daily Double: Don't always refuse permission to kill your characters. This is a tough one to follow, trust me I know, however face facts, if your character is strapped to a table by metal chains and shackles exactly how is he supposed to avoid someone attempting to stab him to death with a longsword? However in situations were you have the other player trapped and they refuse permission to kill resort to a catastrophic "F" up or a "Recall" the first one is a situation where something unexpected happens that allows the other players character to escape. Example: rocks fall and pin attacker A allowing defender A to escape almost unscathed. Do try to be realistic though. The other example is a Recall, a situation creaated to make it so that it is in the attaker's best interest to let the defender live. In the case of a soldier it could be as simple as a retreat being called due to a catastrophic "F" up somewhere else. Again, due try to be realistic.

6: PM all applications to me using the provided Skeleton's and corrisponding subject lines. This helps me to determine what you intend your character to be so that if there is anything wrong I will be able to better help you correct the mistakes. I try to avoid rejecting characters outright. ^_^

7: Avoid cluttering the thread with OOC please, I don't mind so much if their attached to IC posts but OOC on it's own often results in losing sight of the game or creating so much static that people lose interest.

8: No Perfect characters, you can't know everything, you can't have learned every spell excluding two exceptions that will be detailed later. Basically you can not be superman, Gary-Stue and Mary-Sue. Normally most people would refuse their completely useless character counterparts, I will not. If you wish to play as someone totally useless to everyone be my guest, I discourage it since it's bad for player self-esteem, but I will not disallow it.

9: If you make and submit a character, PLAY. I can't tell you just how irritating it is to get submissions read over well made characters and then never hear from the person again. -.- To me it's a slap to the face, it says to me that my Roleplay is not good enough for your time. I don't think any of us appreciate being insulted like that. Naturally I give everyone the benefit of the doubt and like to assume that something in RL came up. But my patiance is not everlasting, as much as I would like it to be.

10: Highlight the Advertisement.

11: Read the skeleton Breakdown. No seriously I mean it, it really helps to clarify some of the terms I use as well as help you to understand the general construction of a person in this world not to mention it helps new players to develop their first characters as well as teaches them to ask the right questions about charater development. If anything read the magic section since it pertains directly to limitations of some races. After all, I find it hard to believe that a human can cast magic at the same capability as a dragon or elf.

12: I aim for semi-lit and yes I believe new players can accomplish this, I make a five sentance min I will allow for writers block but abuse this privilage and you will be spoken too. To you new players the best thing to do to accomplish this minimum is to be as descriptive of your character and everything surrounding him as you can. It encourages your artistic mind and can help improve the clarity of your posts.

I reserve the right to change and add rules whenever I feel like it. I will try to keep you posted though.

Finally Don't forget to have fun.  

Zeraal

Militant Shapeshifter

Zeraal

Militant Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:37 pm
OK time for some Lore. "Come again?"
You don't have to actually roleplay any of this. Most of this stuff it's really just fluff. But I thought I would give this a try and see what kind of response I would get from the players.

Magic: Flowing throughout all of Terra is the Arcanum, magic users of all kinds tap into the Arcanum whenever they use magic regardless of whether or not they know it. The Arcanum is always accesed through a person's Core.

Arcanum: The Arcanum is the collective raw power used to make magic happen. To describe it one could say that it is a monolith of webbing suspended by five figurtive pillars. Legends say that two of the pillars are the Azrandi and Dragon's themselves, the third is the collection of remaining intelligent races such as humans, elves and so on, the forth pillar is suspected to be nature, the plants and simple animals, and finally the fith is suspected to be an actual stone hidden somewhere within the world. It is said to be pink crystal with an onyx core called teh great core. Legands go on to say that all the souls of the dead are added to the Arcanum maing it and all those who can access it more powerful. Needless to say a number of blood cults in order to increase their power through the killing of others.

Cores: With the exception of orcs, every member of every race has at least one core. However a person needs to be "in-tune" with their corre in order to use magic. Like with an instrument the more a person uses their magic the more out of tune with the core they become. Magic users can of course tune themselves to their cores. There are many people who are born so out of tune with their cores that there is no chance of them using their magic, in fact the number of people who can't use magic far outweigh the number of people who can.

Blood Cults and Blood Mages: Blood mages are people who seek to increase their own power by killing as many people as they can to add their souls to the arcanum, while many or soloists some gather together to form blood cults. The two largest and most well known blood cults Rakdos and Dimir. These major cults now even take on apprentices and while officialy outlawed by everyone (except the orcs and some of the dragon clans) many turn to them when they need to eliminate someone. Blood mages that were apprentices of any blood cult are also skilled assasins. These cults do not restrict their magics to people capable of combat only, enchanters, illusionists, and diviners are common sights as well. The only requirement to join is that the person be a blood mage or at the very least have the potential to use magic. Officially, blood mages from the same cult are not allowed to kill eachother off...officially.

Azrandi: The azrandi are a race of giant serpants, they have five subspecies: the Cinéiteach, the Éanúil, the Tír-raon, the As-dóiteáin, and the Uiscí. They are a very powerful yet passive race who believe that it is their duty to guide the other races and in some cases rotect them from their own self-destructive personalities. Through the Cinéiteach's actions the azrandi have helped to develope every race to the point they are at now.

Azrandi wars: In a time before the most ancient dragons four of the five azrandi races waged a worldwide tribal war of superiority. The Cinéiteach who were more or less caught in the middle found themselves fighting for everyone. For the Éanúil, they created enormas spires from which the flying Éanúil could strike from but that were also impossible for any of the others to scale. For the Uiscí they created enormass amounts of water to sink the continents. For the Tír-raon (and just about everyone else) they created two continents that would float above the water in order to defend against the great sink that would soon follow. For the As-dóiteáin, walls impregnibal to the acid spitting Tír-raon. The ressult? Despite the tremendous loss of life for everyone he wars came to a permenant stalemate eventually forcing the tribal leaders to talk peace. Had it been planned by the Cinéiteach? No one really knows.

The Great Sink and the Floating Continents: These two feats are considered the greatest accomplishments in magic, but it is suspected that the great core was somehow involved. If it was it was long since lost as the azraandi no longer possess it. The event was this, the were approached by the Uiscí and the Tír-raon at almost the exact same time. The Uiscí planned to kill all the Tír-raon by drowning the landbound azrandi. The Tír-raon had been tipped off about this threat to their entire existance and went to the Cinéiteach for help. The clever and powerful Cinéiteach agreed to both requests and using the magic of their entire race with apprently help from the great core created two continents that would float on water and then transported the Tír-raon to those islands...but not all of them. Next they once again used the magic of their entire race combined with the Uiscí and apparently help from the great core to create vast amounts of water to sink essentially the world. However, having transported most of the As-dóiteáin and Tír-raon onto the floating continents the loss of life was then minimized. Those that suffered the least from these events were the waterbound Uiscí and the Éanúil whoes spires even now tower well above the sea.

((I you feel absolutely compelled to add to this...send me your addition. ^_^ I will more than likely be glad to put it up there.))  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:38 am
SkeletonsFinally!

Humans: Versatility at it's best.
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Race:[/b] Human
[b]Character sub-race:[/b]
[b]Faction:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Core(s):[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Bio:[/b]
[b]Human form:[/b]
[b]Alternate form(s):[/b]
[b]Password:[/b]

Dragons: Second to none!
[b]Race:[/b] Dragon or Half dragon
[b]Breath weapon(s):[/b]
[b]Dragon form:[/b]
[b]Alternate form:[/b]

Dwarves, elves, etc: Specialization at it's peak.
[b]Race:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]

Beastmen: Furry lovers unite!
[b]Race:[/b] Beastman or Half Beastman
[b]Specific specie:[/b]

Azrandi: Older and wiser than ever before.
[b]Azrandi sub-specie:[/b]

Other Races: You forgot me! T.T
[b]Race:[/b]
[b]Core:[/b]
[b]Innate ability:[/b]
[b]Main form:[/b]
[b]Other form(s):[/b]

Elementals/Half-Elementals: I'm not from around here.
[b]Race:[/b] Half or Full elemental
[b]Element:[/b]
[b]Elemental Form:[/b] Full Elementals only
[b]Alternate form:[/b]

Now for the list of limited spots:
Theses spots are limited because of either their importance to the Rp or because of the power that is often associated with a particular race or position. The Archmages and the council spots will be filled only by people who have a long term participation history with this RP or any of other RP that I have played with them in. So basically, unless I know you well enough you need to show me that you can fill these positions properly and not simply disappear since it is very difficult to just replace individuals of power. Naturally if some form of miracle happens and this Rp really starts to fill up with characters then I will be inclined to increase the number of these spots.

Full Fledged Celestial-
Full Fledged Celestial-
Full Fledged Celestial-

Dragon Beastman-
Dragon Beastman-
Dragon Beastman-

Cinéiteach-
Cinéiteach-
Cinéiteach-

Void Dragon-
Breath weapon is a physical attack without element.
Aura Dragon-
Breath weapon is a physical attack with all elements.

Void Elemental-
Elemental formed of a lack in element AKA the void. Is capable of absorbing any and all non-elemental attacks. Susceptable only to element based/enhanced attacks.
Aura Elemental-
Elemental formed by a mixing of all the elements. Is capable of absorbing and and all elemental based/ enhanced attacks. Susceptable only to non-element based/enhanced attacks.

The Azrandi Senate:
Cinéiteach spot on senate-
Éanúil spot on senate-
Tír-raon spot on senate-
As-dóiteáin spot on senate-
Uiscí spot on senate-

Rulers of other races
Human King and Queen-
Dragon Dragon clan leaders-
Elf King and Queen-
Dwarf King and Queen-
Gnome/Hobbit list of Mayors-
Orc list os tribal Chiefs-
Guildmaster of the merchant's guild-
Rakdos Cultmaster-
Dimir Cultmaster-
((The word cultmaster is used in lack of a better term, feel free to use a different title of you prefer.))

There are of course multible countries, more ruler spots will be added as more countries come into existance. Only non-azrandi races can have multiple countries since all azrandi are part of the azrandi republic.

The Archmages:
Archmage of the Schools-
NOTE: The archmage of the schools focuses on magic styles rather than elements. This grants him/her access to a wide variety of magical forms such as necromancy, advanced versions of summoning or illusions as well as transportation spells ((excluding teleportation)). Naturally some spells this archmage uses have elemental traits to them like fireball, wall of ice and lightening bolt etc. He/She is able to use such spells but can not use specialized versions of elemental magic such as the abilities to create and manipulate elements at will.

Archmage of the Elements-
NOTE: The Archmage of Elements focuses on elemental power rather the magic styles. This grants him/her much more powerful versions of even the most basic elemental spells like fireball or lightening bolt, aura wall etc. In addition he/she can use complex elemental magic such as create and control abilities over non-animal substances, which in this game is pretty much everything that isn't a living/animated creature of some kind. Unfortunately this limits the archmage of elements in the variety of magic he/she can use. Spells that don't have any elemental attribute to the them like in the case of most transportation magic and most transmutation/alteration magic can not be accessed by the archmage of elements.  

Zeraal

Militant Shapeshifter

Zeraal

Militant Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:14 pm
Skeleton BreakdownWTF!? Why is it so long!? T.T

Username: Your Gaia name.

Character name: Your character's name.

Character Race/Sub race: What your character's race is. In the case of Azrandi it is one of the five sub-species of azrandi, witch are detailed later. In the case of humans the sub-race section refers to lycan's, vampires, and Nekos which will be explained in depth later. You don't have to fill it out for a human character. Be mindful about astral beings such as angels and demons, it is very easy to go overboard with them.

Faction: The faction your character supports. This does not mean they are in that factions army but rather live in that part of the world. So if you say one of the human kingdoms you don't have to be an actual soldier but rather just a residant. The same goes for the Azrandi Republic and the various other faction choices. For the most part races stick to their own factions but with some of the more social races like humans and the Azrandi crossover is not uncommon. Unless your character is some form of Nomad (people who never stop travelling) leaving this blank is not an option. Even merchants who constantly travel have a home somewhere.

Age: Character's age. Specific age limits are provided on the races page. There are to be no mystery ages, I find it hard to believe that a character doesn't know their own age even if they lived for hundreds of years, and even if they don't you should.

Gender: Male female or other I suppose. Hey some may not have genders so who knows.

Cores: This is where it usually gets complicated so read carefully. This is a base kind of magic that your character can use. It can be just about anything, if I feel it's too powerful I will talk to you about it but, other then that feel free to throw as many curveballs at me as you can. Understand this is a base type, meaning that all your magic's use this single element, attribute, or whatever as a core for it's use. If you say something like ice then you can use ice shards, ice shields, ice walls, ice wards, as some of the obvious choices. You can also apply traits that are common to ice to other things, like making an object cold, reflective, or slippery. So long as there is a way to tie it back to the core it is allowed. The only thing I don't allow are pin-point attacks which are basically auto-hitting in the kind of way that is not helpful and teleporting which is very detrimental to an RP. When using magic against another person it must either be indirect or avoidable under normal circumstances. Now as we all know, not every race is made equal and as such some have more magic than others. There is a list of how many base types of magic each race can have and in some cases what kind of magic that can be. There are of course certain things about magic you need to know in this world. For starters Earth, Metal, and Plant magics are not the same they are all different as are fire and magma magics. Light is not pure/holy, and darkness is not corruption/unholy. Shadow and illusion are one and the same. Water and Ice are different, even though they are very similar in chemical structure, their collective forms and purposes are different. Holy and Unholy are mirror reflections of the same core so while they are the same you can not have access to both at the same time, ever, this includes switching back and forth between the two. Complicated? Perhaps. Don't hold back with questions if you don't get it.

Humans: up to two cores
Dragons: up to four or five cores
Elves: up to four cores
Orcs: none
Goblins: up to one core
Dwarves: up to one core
Gnomes: up to two cores
Hobbits: up to one core
Beastmen: up to two cores
Half-race: lesser core count of the two parents
Elementals: only their element.
Half-Elementals: their element plus up to one core less then other parent races limit.
Other Races: standard of up to two. Could be changed depending on the race. Negotiate with me.
Azrandi cinéiteach: up to five cores
Azrandi éanúil: wind/air and up to three other cores
Azrandi tír-raon: Earth
Azrandi as-dóiteáin: fire and up to two other cores
Azrandi uiscí: water, ice and up to one other core
Half-azrandi: one core less of parent with higher core limit.

Personality: Your character's attitude and tendencies. Little quirks about a character also go here. Try to come up with one or two, it makes things fun. ^_^

Bio: A brief or lengthy history of your character. It can be as simple as he led a relatively uninteresting life until recently, or as complex as you can imagine. Just keep in mind that you should role play that history effectively. What that means is that if you led an uninteresting life and aren't a soldier or adventurer or anything like that then it isn't likely that he knows the first thing about killing another person or even surviving the wilderness.

Appearance: The Appearance and main/alt form sections basically refer to you guessed it looks! Good looks bad looks, weird looks it's all about how you look. Detailed descriptions or a picture of any origin will do nicely here. Keep in mind that there are universal traits to azrandi that will be assumed by me an other players. Naturally just because I didn't find any suitable pictures for the azrandi doesn't mean you have to describe them. If there is a picture that just screams "pick me pick me!" to you then who am I to say no?

Password: This, much to your surprise is not the phrase above each skeleton. The phrase you must put into the password section of the character sheet is: Life isn't as simple as it used to be.
The phrase above each skeleton is to be put into the Subject line of the PM so that I know what your sending me.

Breath Weapon: This is usually restricted to dragons but pertains to all characters with breathwepons. Breath weapons can be just about anything. If you can make it work then it's all yours. A breath weapon isn't like magic it is more of an innate ability and thus is not effected by anti-magic stuff in any way shape or form. It is however treated as a physical attack so defenses against physical attacks would work. There are also a few breath weapons I won't allow: Anti-matter, point singularity ((AKA black holes)), and eraser ((imagine being able to erase existence)) there are of course others that I am sure I will have to turn down but for now that is all. Void and Aura breath weapons are another topic. I will allow only one of each under special conditions. Dragons are allowed up to two breath weapons. Also if a dragon player chooses to not take any breath weapons they can have one more core for a total of five rather then four.

Element: This section pertains only to elementals. Simply put, this is your element. So you pick full or half elemental and then an element. There are all kinds of elementals the most common being of the four cardinal elements: fire, water, air, and earth as well as the light and dark elements. There are also other elements such as magma, metal, plant, lightening, smoke the list goes on. So hit me with your best shot elemental players, I'm so ready for it. Half elementals are completely immune to the effects of their own element without the use of magic. Full elementals can slowly regenerate from exposure to an EXTERNAL source of their element. ((this prevents the he can heal as fast as I can hurt him issue.))

Specific specie: This is the specific type of beastman that you are. So stuff like dog, lizard and so on go here. I will allow only a few dragon beastmen as there is only one tribe of them.

Innate ability: These are abilities that the specific person is capable of preforming these are not things that are common to that persons race, they are unique to that person and either have some kind of history behind it or is something a person is born with, much like a mutation in the case of non-celestial beings. You are allowed 1, there are only a few exceptions to this, namely angels, demons, and other celestial/astral beings. Depending on the race a different number of innate abilities will be considered.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:31 pm
NavigationYour constant talking is starting to get annoying Zeraal -.-

OOC
Races

Map? The only things you need to know are these:

The continent of Bachus:

Hanzoshen:
Hanzoshan is the flying Capital of teh Azrandi republic. The senate is located here. It is home to members of every race out there, but the dominant species is Azrandi Éanúil. Since teh city itself flies around the world goods from all over the planet can be found here. Easily the richest city in the azrandi republic it is very expensive to live here.

Mika:
The city of Mika is a port city with a huge harbor. The harbor can service twenty two galleys at any one time in addition to fifty smaller ships and countless fishing boats. It is a market town that isn't actually governed by any individual or race or faction but rather the merchant's guild that is present there. It is rumored that a vast treasure vault lays within the depths of the guild's multi-basemented headquarters. Sadly the rumors have yet to be proven due to the deadly traps that have been put into place on all the floors to guard whatever is in the fifth basement every thief that has tried has failed and not all of them were captured alive. From the city you can see a great forest inland and nothing but sea and sea cost everywhere else. Pirates try to avoid this harbor since it is so heavily guarded by hired mercenaries. This city has th highest amount of racial crossover since it doesn't truely belong to anyone.

Telcathan:
The flying city of Talcathan is the second largest flying city of the Azrandi Republic. It never stays in the same place but is always situated above the clouds. It is occupied by mostly the Éanúil but a few members of the azrandi race have made their homes here as well. There are very few members of other races in the city.

Bior (relate new places on the continent of Bachus to this city):
The second largest city of commerce on Bachus, Bior is ruled by humans. Primarily set up for human use there are few accomodations for members of other Races. Bior can be found in the plains with a river cutting through the middle of the city. On the horizon to the west you can see the forest and to the south horizon the mountains. The north and east consist of nothing but plains from what can be seen from the walls of Bior.

Overall:
Hanzoshen and Telcatha are always changing places. Mika is on the coast beyond the forest to the west of Bior. Everything else is up to you to create. Are their forests in the north beyond the plains? How about towns, I am letting the players create the rest of the world. Then, when I feel like it, I will draw up a map based on what everyone brings into the game. If you feel the need to add a location to this list pm me with the city and all you think people need to know about it, please include what continent it is on and where it is in relation to Bior. Bachus is in the southern hemisphere on the west side of the world ((about where you would place south America)). The other continent is Reial and it is in the north east side of the world ((right where you would place Asia)) These continents do not have a specific shape yet so for now think blob when your placing new locations. The north west quarter of the world is occupied by countless spires that go right to the ocean. There is no beach here just broad cone shaped spires of stone called ((for now)) the north spires. In the South east part of the world the ocean is shallow for miles on miles, shallow enough for you to walk on waste deep in water. There are dry patches that form islands for this entire length of ocean. These islands range in size from very small to very large, these are know ((again for now)) as the grand shallows ((my creativity sucks today)).

The continent of Reial

Nothing of significance yet.

Note: I think I said this already but do feel free to create any manner of empire, kingdom, country, town, cave for either of these continents, or even the spires and grand shallows. Enjoy.  

Zeraal

Militant Shapeshifter

Zeraal

Militant Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:42 pm
List of participating players and their characters.Are you done yet?

None thus far. ^_^  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:43 pm
List of random monsters of the realm I get to make stuff too? Cool!

Core hunter Yes it's a sliver. Seemed appropriate.
These devilish monsters hunt down and consume the cores of others. How this is accomplished is unknown, what is known is that thus far not one person has escaped an encounter without losing their core. Lose of the core itself doesn't prove fatal although people who have lost them never really seem the same as tehy used to be. The most extreme cases being wizards having lost their sanity as a result of losing their ability to cast magic. These cases are rare though. Core hunters are sizable being almost as large as a wolf, and travel in packs of up to seven. They live in strictly swamps and bogs, the highest (successfully) recorded population being located in the grand shallows were there is constantly a high water level.
Submitted by: Zeraal

Get inventive everything you encounter will be added here. No character sheets necessary. I need a pic or detailed description, whether or not its hostile, a brief description of behavioral patterns, and preferred habitats. All of which are up to you since your making it. Of coarse this isn't a requirement to play or invent creatures. I just have a thing for creation that's all.

Zeraal

Militant Shapeshifter

Zeraal

Militant Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:12 pm
F.A.Q.

Ok not actually asked yet but still I have the feeling some of these have gone through your heads at least once.

Q: What is a celestial or Astral being? Celestials as I have come to understand are angels, fallen angels, demons and devils.
A: An Astral being is a creature that is a member of the astral realms such as natives to Hades, Olympus, or Nirvana. In this game both terms refer to all such beings collectively the only reason I separate out Celestials is because of how powerful angels and demons are. The seperation is geared more towards those who can think of something other than angels demons and so on.

Q: Do we have to read the entire skeleton breakdown?
A: No, you need only read the sections that can be found on your character sheet. However, you must read the magic section even if you are an elemental...ok that is still essentially everything but I think it is safe to say you can figure out "username:" and similar sections without reading that section. So really you could probably get away with just reading magic and still make a perfectly fine character. This is something I started doing to help people who have never done this before as well as to help differentiate magical power from race to race.

Q: Can I use a skeleton from another RP?
A: No, the thing about provided skeletons is that they aren't for people who have yet to make a character in gaia, they are specific character creation outlines for that specific RP. So naturally using a skeleton from another game for this one doesn't really work, even if it is pretty much the same. The skeletons provided are made for this RP.

Q: Why so stern about no guns? I mean why I can't even use magic to recreate the effect? It's not a gun.
A: Let me answer your question with a question and a statement. When was the last time you dodged a bullet? I do encourage creativity but simply recreating modern weaponry or it's effects isn't really creativity, its re-creation. Your simply re-creating something that allows you an unfair advantage over everything, how is that fun for anyone? That is why I am so stern about no guns.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:24 pm
User Image

The little voice in my head that's been commenting on each previouse title: ....What?
Me: Means we're open. -.-
The voice: Oh. About Time! >.<  

Zeraal

Militant Shapeshifter

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:29 pm
Aww, I'm sorry. I wish someone would join....I would, but I'm not in the rping mood at the moment. Maybe I can see if someone will join.  
Crazy Character Convos! [[The Roleplaying Forum]]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff