A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply 15. ✿ - - - Polls And Questions
Are Teens Lacking in Respect? (You opinion ;D) Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you find teen-agers disrespectful to adults?
  Yes
  No
  Kind Of :/
View Results

x-Rainbow_Alpacaz-x

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:29 am
I myself happen to be fifteen (sixteen in October), and I ashamed to be considered a teenager! I see it all the time. No one says "Yes Ma'am/sir" or "No Ma'am/sir", they always want to argue with their parents (They can't take "No" for an answer. They always have to show their arse off until they get a "yes".) No one opens doors for adults or even other teens or kids! It's every person for themselves. Kind of selfish if you ask me. A lot of them never even consider that their parents might be too busy or too sick or too whatever to go out and do something or go and buy them something... it's sickening. Especially the way I see a lot of teens treating elderly people. My bus driver is gettin' pretty old.. and all the kids seem to think they can just destroy his bus which he has to go and clean. He's in his seventies for Christ's sake! I offer to help before I get off since I'm practically the last student but he won't let me.

I'm not saying all teenagers are like this (I'm not), so please don't assume that I classified you in here if you're between the ages of thirteen and seventeen.... I'm just saying... it's starting to make me mad. I mean... it makes me want to yell at them.

So. Your opinion... Do you think Teens are getting a TAD snarky and rude?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:35 am
User Image
♥ バンプ ♥
I agree with everything you say. I also agree on not every teen is bad. The sad part is, that is the stage that they go through in life. I am eighteen now and is supposed to act like an adult. And I tell you what, I learned a lot of hard lessons during my teen years that can help me now. It is a part of growing up that we have to endure...its one of those things where you snap and then wake up when the time comes. I admit I wasn't the greatest child...but then you grow up, realize your fault's, move on to a better life and learn from your mistakes...that is what make you an adult. In a way it is like dying and coming to life again...everyone has that stage in life.User Image
User Image

Kanari Moon-sun

Gracious Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:28 am
User Image

I see a lot of teens that are disrespectful, and if I ever acted like that my mom would whoop my a** to kingdom come.
It really pisses me off when I see punks acting a fool, especially to their elders.
I try to act right and do the right thing even if I don't want to do it. D:
XD I'm eighteen too.

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:35 am
Well, where do you live? Teenagers have respect across the country, but at least the adults set a positive example (although it is not followed) where I come from...Texas.
In NYC, people have NO manners. I've heard such from numerous people who visited the city.  

chesiregirl

x-Rainbow_Alpacaz-x

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:47 am
chesiregirl
Well, where do you live? Teenagers have respect across the country, but at least the adults set a positive example (although it is not followed) where I come from...Texas.
In NYC, people have NO manners. I've heard such from numerous people who visited the city.

I'm from Georgia.
People in the south (like here) are supposed to be known for their Southern Chaam and Hospitality... I wanna know where that went >.<  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:03 am
x-Rainbow_Alpacaz-x
chesiregirl

I'm from Georgia.
People in the south (like here) are supposed to be known for their Southern Chaam and Hospitality... I wanna know where that went >.<

Eh, adults have it...it's just American teens in general are disrespectful.  

chesiregirl

sidenar

Handsome Shounen

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:26 am
I'm a thirteen year old California girl, hahah. I know exactly what you're talking about. I live on the nice side of town, so I see a lot of spoiled kids. I just ignore 'em and do the best I can to help out everyone who needs help. Of course, I dislike the rude people, but there's nothing you can do, you know? But I treat them equally anyway. :'D  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:25 am
High five for bringing this up. I completely agree with everything you've mentioned simply because things here at school are pretty much the same. I'm not saying that ALL of the students at my school are like that, but I know that there's a handful of disrespectful teens here. I'm surprised you mentioned that you were "ashamed" of being a teen simply because you noticed that many teens around you are selfish and rude; I feel the same way as well. But, I find that you should appreciate yourself for not thinking like the rest of the snobs; it makes you different and you'll stand out by a lot. c:  

hasarose

Shy Explorer

Illustrious Verse

Beloved Fatcat

7,050 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Tycoon 200
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:56 pm
i've noticed that younger kids (teens of today) are not as respectful as they used to be in other generations, but it's relative to their upbringing i think.
i was in the store today and one girl was arguing her a** off to buy some blue jeans with holes in them to go out with her family for dinner, and her mother told her no she couldn't because they weren't appropriate for that occasion and she prattled and complained about how every else she knows wears them for everything etc. and just in general would not accept her mothers wishes to at least find some jeans without premade holes.

though on the flip side i know some young girls/teens that are very respectful to their parents and everyone else they know as well. so i really do think it depends on the individual and how they were brought up by their families on how they act towards elders.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:12 pm
I've noticed this, too. |:

I always say please and thank you, and I sure as hell don't demand anything from my parents. I'd get my a** torn up if I stepped outta line like most teens I've seen. Like mentioned before, the south's supposed to be about hospitality and courtesy, but I haven't seen any of that in the longest time. I live in Georgia, too and I want to smack just about all the idiots that live in my damn town.

D1RTY C3X C3LL

pure as snow

Fashionable Fairy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:29 pm
I agree with you. People are just being rude in-general not just teenagers. but I see your point. I think it has to do with the age because when I was a freshman in high school it was like that but now almost going to college I start to see more people are being respectful in a way xD Like yes sir/ ma'.
I sometimes use it but not all the time. Well with the whole parent thing. I am rude to my mom, only because she never listens and I try to get her attention or at least spend time with me but she is always working. ( yes she is one of those parents ) I mean I have gotten use to it that all I do is do the things I need to do and go to bed and start all over. No family time. I mean I play with my dog sometimes ^^
Yeah it is one for all and all for all really because things are just getting so bad that no one knows what to do. it's hard to even get by. I volunteer last week for thanksgiving dinner and so many people tried to come and get food that they had to give people who really need it a ticket so they could tell who was who. It's hard.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:34 pm
I'm not even going to try and make myself sound like the perfect kid- I know I can be a b***h to the people I should respect sometimes.
However, for the most part I'm polite. I see some kids who will cuss and threaten their teachers and parents, and I'm thinking to myself "What is wrong with you?"

L4uren

Tipsy Fatcat

hello gaijin

Wheezing Fatcat

7,375 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:22 pm
x-Rainbow_Alpacaz-x
chesiregirl

I'm from Georgia.

I'm from the south as well. This "southern charm" stereotype is definitely not always true.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:05 pm
I agree that way too many teens are disrespectful, and not a little repulsive in their own right. >< A lot of them behave atrociously bad, and are foul-mouthed. A lot of their behavior shocked me even when I was a teen. Thank God I never behaved like them. But it's true, not all of them are foul and rude. I think the whole 'foul and rude' thing is pretty prevalent in American culture (not sure where you're from, but I know here in the states, our society's pretty rude.) It's a shame, but a lot of adults, surprisingly, rarely act or even speak much better than teens. Usually it's only slightly so, from what I've observed.
They're really a lot like younger kids, in that they don't have any concept of the world outside of their own wants and needs. I had taken a child guidance class some months ago, and it amazed me how much of the stuff they teach about younger children can easily be applied to older youths and even adults.
You'd think by their age that teens would start to develop even a remote sense of respect and to consider the needs and feelings of others, but very few of them do, it seems.
And yeah, I cringe whenever I see a teenager bad-mouthing or disrespecting an adult. ><

Ayniu

Fashionable Raider

9,300 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Object of Affection 150

Nikkiela

Lonely Kitten

10,350 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:08 pm
I agree, most teens these days are just plain disrespectful and rude. I am a teen myself but I am not ashamed of it since I will try to be a role-model for other teens. I also HATE begging my mom for stuff, I would feel ashamed afterward.  
15. ✿ - - - Polls And Questions

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff