Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
Thirteen. Pounds.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Your favorite exercise?
  Mouse clicking
  DANCING ALL NIGHT LONG!
  Weights!
  I am truly the stair MASTER
  Ellipticals!
  Treadmills!
  Trail running!
  Rock climbing!
  Biking!
  Racquetball!
View Results

Aaditya

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:57 pm
I took my board exams last Monday and then proceeded to get a gym membership. Why, you may ask? I let myself go when I was studying, partially because stress eating is great an partially because it's hard to want to work out when you spend 7 hours studying. I jumped from 157 to 170 pounds (yeeeeeesh) and can barely get through the warmup to an insanity workout when before I'd barely be able get through the whole thing.

Interestingly enough, the amount I can lift hasn't changed much. It's just everything else.

So it looks like I'm going to have to start being a gym rat, though I want to really grunt like a total nerd next to a musclehead to see their reactions.

At least the gym has a multipurpose room so I can improve my dance moves.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:22 pm
I've no interest in going to the gym, but with that said I do lotta stretches, dumbell exercises, and go on regular walks, which is nice considering I live by the beach. There's also a pool at the apartment complex I can swim laps in, so I don't really need a gym unless I want to work on my toning... which I can't be bothered to do *shrug*

Good luck on on shreddin the pounds though heart  

Junimaia

Dapper Dabbler

scrub
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:36 pm
I didn't really take full use of gym membership when I had it, I just don't find it very entertaining. D:

I haven't weighed myself in years but I can tell that I've gotten fitter recently, which I feel good about. I've been cycling loads and doing a lot of jumps and hops on my bike, so my body fat percentage has dropped and I've gained upper body strength.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:13 pm
Your only supposed to gain 15 in freshman year! Well.. thats the story I hear all the time.  

Kosai Avonej

Elder

angelfromdown-under

Romantic Whisperer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:07 am
I have never needed a gym...thankfully work and derby keeps me active enough xP  
The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games