Welcome to Gaia! ::

The LGBT Guild

Back to Guilds

This is a guild for all sexual orientation equality supporters to chat and feel welcomed. 

Tags: Homosexual, Bisexual, Transgender, Genderqueer 

Reply Help and Advice
Can my boss do that?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Seraphim of Forgiveness
Captain

Blessed Gaian

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:36 pm
So my boss is the most non-flexible woman out there it seems like. Ok let me bring you to speed, my mom has cancer and shes dying, she may be dying any day now. I was wondering can my boss deny me from taking a couple days off for a death? a funeral? a wake? like if my mom dies and i work the same day or the next day can my boss deny from not coming in so i still need to work? Do i get paid for a leave? so many questions in need of so many answers.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:20 pm
Legally, you are entitled to a leave should your mother die. If it's paid, I'm unsure, it depends with your company's policy.

Try to see if your company has a human resources centre and see what their policy is. Usually their employee policy will outline heatlh and death events/benefits.

However, if your mum is ill, they aren't legally required to give you off days.

Gordums

NtOprah

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:57 pm
Privileges granted under the family medical leave act are granted to those employees with at least part-time status and have 12 months of employment with an organization. You should reference your employers policies on leave including looking at the policy of leave of absence. In some circumstances, if you don’t meet the minimum qualifications to qualify for some form of leave it could mean your absence would represent job abandonment which could lead to your dismissal. Be careful, and I hope your personal situation gets better.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:40 am
NtOprah
Privileges granted under the family medical leave act are granted to those employees with at least part-time status and have 12 months of employment with an organization. You should reference your employers policies on leave including looking at the policy of leave of absence. In some circumstances, if you don’t meet the minimum qualifications to qualify for some form of leave it could mean your absence would represent job abandonment which could lead to your dismissal. Be careful, and I hope your personal situation gets better.

Fohget what I said, this is the better answer.

I forgot most of you are American, my bad.

Gordums

Dusty-Boy

Dangerous Autobiographer

2,450 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:21 am
do what I just did and quit... ******** told me I couldn't go to the doctor for something personal and painful (FEET NOT ANYTHING SEXUAL >.<).

won't give me my vacation time... half my department is quitting.  
Help and Advice

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games