Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Artist's Corner
Heeeellp meeeeeee

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MysticHoneyRose

5,075 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:31 pm
THIS
It is still a WIP (work in progress)
I need help with this. Any suggestion is welcome. I want a whole bunch of comments. Any suggestions for his color would be good too. Thankies ^^  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:48 pm
I'd do a medium brown for his skin and a dark brown for the hair.

I must say you are amazing rose, I love your work!!  

VixenViVi

Desirable Vampire

MysticHoneyRose

5,075 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:12 pm
VixenViVi
I'd do a medium brown for his skin and a dark brown for the hair.

I must say you are amazing rose, I love your work!!

OH I like that :3 maybe have earth tones for his clothes?

wow thank you ^__^ that means a lot  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:54 pm
Fantasticly drawn piece. I agree with the earth-toned clothes. He looks more of red-head to me. The paler the skin, the darker the red. Or if you like the medium brown suggestion, more of an orange. I'd say probably green eyes.  

Dark Prince of Thorns

6,100 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

MysticHoneyRose

5,075 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:08 am
Dark Prince of Thorns
Fantasticly drawn piece. I agree with the earth-toned clothes. He looks more of red-head to me. The paler the skin, the darker the red. Or if you like the medium brown suggestion, more of an orange. I'd say probably green eyes.

These all sound like good Ideas. Actually, I might try each of them and post again asking which one looks good. And thank you for the compliment ^__^  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:37 am
Me and anbu both say Green Eyes, I say Brown hair perhaps a lighter shade of it.  

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

MysticHoneyRose

5,075 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:04 am
Im really liking all your guy's suggestions  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:09 am
It's really cool, I like it! ^_^

Maybe give him red hair and dress him in green?  

Calais Reed

Dangerous Bibliophile

10,300 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

MysticHoneyRose

5,075 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:48 am
lol I see a trend with red and green going on here XD I'll try and incorporate all your guy's ideas as best I can :3

Also I need help with a name for him. Just some suggestions. I may not use them but any ideas would help.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:49 am
Caleb something. Jones? Caleb Jones? Caleb Williams? He looks like a Caleb either way...  

Calais Reed

Dangerous Bibliophile

10,300 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

MysticHoneyRose

5,075 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:59 am
I'm gonna go with Caleb Williams. :3 I really like that  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:14 am
I agree with the rest on the pale skin, but red hair/green eyes makes him stand out so much considering the rest of the picture is blue/brown.

Maybe pale skin, brown hair and blue or green eyes?

Or you could change the air to more like a sunset and use more colour on his clothes. That way you keep Caleb and the scenery in ballance.

But those are just suggestions razz

Wait, scratch that. I just read the text below the picture.

So you're going for steampunk? Then keep his outfit leathery brown with white. You could use red or purple as accent colours. Any bright colours in the outfit will tend to make steampunk look more modern.

For the boy, make his face sun kissed, not too pale. The skies are bright, he works with engine grease, so a pale clean face would be unrealistic.

As for the hair and eyes... I'd still say brown, or maybe a reddish brown, for the hair and blue for the eyes.

The plane you could make more steam punk like by making it look like it has 'patches' on it, part that were welded on in stead of ready made wings and such. Go for brown colours and add orange/greenish for rush spots. Depends on the amount of copper the thing has.

And don't forget valves, hoses, bolts and the likes to make the plane look like it was made by a toddler. wink

(I'm a huge steampunk fan, so I love the idea! <3)  

Shadowheart Pixie

6,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Regular 100

MysticHoneyRose

5,075 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:18 pm
Shadowheart Pixie
I agree with the rest on the pale skin, but red hair/green eyes makes him stand out so much considering the rest of the picture is blue/brown.

Maybe pale skin, brown hair and blue or green eyes?

Or you could change the air to more like a sunset and use more colour on his clothes. That way you keep Caleb and the scenery in ballance.

But those are just suggestions razz

Wait, scratch that. I just read the text below the picture.

So you're going for steampunk? Then keep his outfit leathery brown with white. You could use red or purple as accent colours. Any bright colours in the outfit will tend to make steampunk look more modern.

For the boy, make his face sun kissed, not too pale. The skies are bright, he works with engine grease, so a pale clean face would be unrealistic.

As for the hair and eyes... I'd still say brown, or maybe a reddish brown, for the hair and blue for the eyes.

The plane you could make more steam punk like by making it look like it has 'patches' on it, part that were welded on in stead of ready made wings and such. Go for brown colours and add orange/greenish for rush spots. Depends on the amount of copper the thing has.

And don't forget valves, hoses, bolts and the likes to make the plane look like it was made by a toddler. wink

(I'm a huge steampunk fan, so I love the idea! <3)

OMG thank you!!! this was very very very helpful!!! I will definitely take your advice into account when I go to finish the picture. I LOVE steampunk and have always wanted to make a comic in that genre but could never get a good story. :3 till now. yay thanks ^__^

I'll keep you guys posted as to when I get this done.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:02 pm
Ok guys so here is a small update on the progress of this picture. Let me know what you think of my failed attempt at steam punk and his skin colors.

Deviantart  

MysticHoneyRose

5,075 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200
Artist's Corner

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items