Andranis
Crew

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:52 pm
Saving up for Angeni or Mutant isn't exactly easy, though. I'm a frequenter of another shop, and when a custom costs anywhere from 350k-500k a pop... xd ; Plus, really... Mutant? I'd have to have a few hundred million in gold to afford the auctions for those - Only way to get them. And, to be frank... I don't really LIKE the three alternate wing templates available from the original pair now. Which is part of why I'm suggesting a new pair of wings for Winds.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:13 am
You know, we have a LOT of templates in this shop, and a huge number of them are less than two years old. It's a lot of work for a colorist to create a new one, and match Leelakin's style while doing so.

We don't ask our colorists to make new templates, they make them when they choose to. Templates are gifts from the colorists, so kindly don't look the gift horse in the mouth.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:17 pm
...Hm. Well while I understand where you're coming from Mouse, I still think that was a little harsh. This is the SUGGESTIONS forum. Drani isn't saying 'DO IT', she's just suggesting. There's no harm in that. And actually I think it's a good idea to make template suggestions. Maybe the next time a colorist does go 'Oh, I will make a template today!' they might happen to look in suggestions to see what most people want, and get ideas.

People shouldn't be scared to voice their thoughts and ideas, because when they do, the pool of those ideas the colorists and staff have to draw on become infinitesimally smaller. It's okay to say something like 'oh we're not planning any more templates for a while, but thanks for mentioning one you would like to see when and if we do any'. You don't have to scold someone or tell them they're doing something wrong just because it's not a suggestion that's likely to happen, or a suggestion for something that's a lot of work.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:43 pm
I was just stating the facts that were giving to me by a colorist, not posting my own views.  

Renegade Athena

Sabin Duvert

Winter Trash

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:17 am
ATh e a r t

And great-grandmother:
User Image

Who is a MLP cosplay. I think the cosplay also was a pegasus pony, but as you can see, you don't necessarily have to get wings. I think one time for Trinity's siblings, Sabin actually gave one of the siblings wings C:

I mean, I know that was an extra gift from Sabin, but my overall thing is, although it would be nice, I don't think it's necessary as Niss said o:

Note; Isadora is IB's XD If there are problems me posting them, please tell me... They're just the only example I know of XD

Someone else mentioned it, and to be honest, I don't even know what the exact ruling is, but I really don't /think/ it would be considered a mutation to do some minor wing resizing. Especially considering MLPs have small wings to begin with (at least as depicted in the shows/toys). Depending on colorist perspective, it may or may not be considered an edit, though.
*shrugs*

BUT, in reference to the offspring of the soquili above I did, I did give her little wings (I rolled throwback for her breed, and with the pegasus pony influence from her MLP, I made her a wind with little wings) - which I think shows the rump symbol well:

User Image  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:32 am
Sorry if I am repeating someone....
Why not ask for a version where you can see under the wings when you request the custom (can't be used for anything other than showing the pattern but yeah)? That way you still see the pattern, and don't need to save up for an Angeni or Mutant? I know you said you are not a fan of the current wind wings but I guess you will just have to pick the one you can live with.... or maybe a MLP flutter? You can have custom flutter wings in customs without it classing as a mutant. Or... transparent coloured wings?

Either way... I actually like the template options =D so thank you colourists. hehehe.  

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Team Jacob 100

Faid Shadowlight

Versatile Phantom

15,800 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Vanquished Angel 50
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:24 am
I can understand the desire for this, as I admit that I have pondered getting a mlp half angeni just to have the open wings. However since Nerp did the new open wings at Christmas I am leaning more and more towards a wind. I still ADORE the style 2 angeni wings and if there were wind wings available that were like that I'd be all over them. However I think those are designed mostly to look a little more majestic than the wind wings. There are however alternatives now that were not available for a long time.

However you can get a wings off version if you ask (and the colourist is agreeable) so that edits and markings that are covered can be seen for future breeding purposes. My most recent boy Tom has just that, thanks to Bee.

User Image

In the end if you really want your custom to have wings you might need to compromise on the design a little. While a colourist might decide to do a new template there's no promise that it will be any time soon.

I will say another open wind wing template would be nice, but all in good time ^_^

Feedback Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff