Submit

Atomic Poppy

Girl-Crazy Smoker

8,350 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:34 pm
It used to have the best shows ever, now it's full of s**t. D:< Seriously, who watches Disney now? I want the old shows to come back crying  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:42 pm
Disney has changed because what is popular to kids nowadays has changed as well. It really can't be helped. The same thing has happened to Cartoon Network, Nickelodean (especially this one), and other channels we used to tune into as children.

I do admit that I'm a fan of watching A.N.T. Farm and Good Luck Charlie, though. I miss 'That's So Raven'. ]:

But again, changing times equals changing shows. Dx

gas powered stick

Lady Kira X

Caring Cleric

10,300 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:08 pm
I miss ABC Kids. emo

I feel bad for my future children.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:45 pm
You know what Disney show I liked as a child?

I loved Darkwing Duck so much--I watched almost every episode of it until it got cancelled. Waaah! I miss that show!!! crying  

EternalAnge

Enthusiastic Otaku

52,900 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Magical Gems 500

sophia1004

Quotable Nerd

7,750 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:32 am
Disney has one show I like to watch and that is Gravity Falls. It is decently funny, but all the other shows I don't like  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:32 am
User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

You mean Disney Channel right? I miss the 1990s where they had the Wonderful World of Disney every Sunday night I think it was and they aired a Disney movie on ABC.

As far as Disney Channel goes, their shows do suck. I could tolorate Shake it up only because of one character that is absolute cute, but he isn't in the third season so there is no point in me watching it. The only time DISNEY is ever on that channel is when they air an actual Disney on Disney JR. Last week they aired the Hunchback of Notere Dome, but I missed it.

Not to mention now and days even Disney themselves are lacking in their movies. What was once classic cute movies like Snow White and the Lion King is now computer animation like UP and Wall-E. The only thing that is good that still somehow keeps Disney in it is the Tinkerbell movies in my opinion. It's like the Disney Princesses.....so it is still appealing to little girls. Now they got this computer animated girl from the movie Tangled as a Disney princess which I think is BS.

Lashuri Chan

Generous Giver

10,600 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

follower of triple moons

Blessed Prophet

8,175 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:38 pm
what I miss is when I was little when they showed Zorro way late at night. I remember trying to write a letter telling them they needed to keep playing it, but I couldn't really write at all. sad  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:23 pm
I miss watching Duck Tales... Damn that show. I loved the opening, but I was too lazy to actually change the channel after that, and I started liking the show. The only reason I watch the Disney Channel now is for Mickey Mouse Club House (the new one isn't bad, but it still irritates me that they changed the opening) if I actually wake up early enough. If there's a movie I want to see, I just record it so I can skip the commercials (like I did for Pooh's Heffalump Movie since I haven't seen it yet and I love that silly old bear. But mostly Tigger.).  

Scorned Nightmare

Liberal Raider

5,800 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

MiracleRayray2

Blessed Warrior

7,825 Points
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:07 pm
mad leather
Disney has changed because what is popular to kids nowadays has changed as well. It really can't be helped. The same thing has happened to Cartoon Network, Nickelodean (especially this one), and other channels we used to tune into as children.

I do admit that I'm a fan of watching A.N.T. Farm and Good Luck Charlie, though. I miss 'That's So Raven'. ]:

But again, changing times equals changing shows. Dx

You named all of my favs when i was little. sad I miss them too!  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:44 am
I remember watching awesome stuff like Duck Tales, Tale Spin, Rescue Rangers, etc. on Disney Channel and loved it. When I got older, I liked That's So Raven and maybe one or two other shows, then before I was even 18 - it seemed like most of my favorite shows were completely gone Dx over the years it got worse and worse.

Now I have to get my old faves on DVD if I ever want to watch 'em gonk

After a while, I gave up on Disney Channel because nothing good was even on there anymore and I got fed up with it. I also noticed the same things happening to Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon crying  

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:48 am
Scorned Nightmare
I miss watching Duck Tales... Damn that show. I loved the opening, but I was too lazy to actually change the channel after that, and I started liking the show. The only reason I watch the Disney Channel now is for Mickey Mouse Club House (the new one isn't bad, but it still irritates me that they changed the opening) if I actually wake up early enough. If there's a movie I want to see, I just record it so I can skip the commercials (like I did for Pooh's Heffalump Movie since I haven't seen it yet and I love that silly old bear. But mostly Tigger.).

D-D-D-Danger, watch behind you! There's a stranger out to find you! What to do, just grab on to some Duck Tales!

Hehe, I love the opening to Duck Tales, too! It was one of the best shows ever, too! emotion_c8  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:20 pm
I miss a bunch of shows. I don't remember which times they started to air, but I miss Kim Possible, The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, That's So Raven, and quite a few others.

I know I'm not a 90s kid, please don't swear at me for that...  

Lady_Whitetree

Newbie Noob

8,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Profitable 100
  • First step to fame 200

Kitty of Music

Lucky Star

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:19 pm
I agree. I miss Disney's old cartoon's.

How is it Disney never bothered asking their fans what they want to see on Disney Channel?

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 2:33 pm
User Image
Seems like kids can't really be essentially that different from generation to generation. Seems like their tastes in tv and toys and stuff just change because what's available for them to consume changes. My stepson (5 years old) gets just as into some of the old cartoons we show him from our childhood as he does with the new ones that are on tv. If the networks stopped producing crap kids' shows, then kids would be happier with better ones.

Daffodil the Destroyer

Salty Bilge rat

44,725 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Nomerico

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:45 pm
I agree...When I have a child I'm going to make them watch all the shows/movies I grew up with instead of the stuff they put on Tv now!  
17. ✿ - - - Music, Series & Movies

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games