Submit

Upirium

Malevolent Firestarter

12,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:00 am
I'll probably get flamed or something for this but I shaved my cat...Why? Well like I said she had clumps of hair all matted up and stuck together so someone suggested shaving them off.

I didn't have the money to have her shaved so I ended up doing it myself...and she enjoyed it. I'm serious. She was purring contently the whole time. I know cats purr with nervousness but this was happy purrs. I planned to stop if she freaked out but being as that I shaved around her wound for hyginic purposes and she didn't care, I figured she wouldn't mind this either...and she didn't..

When this cat in particular is distressed it meows such a woeful meow, but when she's happy she gives out short yip like meows when she's trying to say something.

The only time she meowed woefully was when I first took her in the bathroom. She's kind of afraid of the bathroom and doesn't really like to be in there but it was the best place to do it... Now she's no longer afraid of the bathroom. She was afraid of the bathroom because I've done things to her in there that she didn't like (i.e, ear cleaning, bathing).

She did meow, slightly, when I'd turn off the razor thing. She looked at the door and yipped as to say "are we done now? are we ready to go?" and when I went back to shaving her she would stop meowing and lay back down.

She really had little problems. She got slightly annoyed when the cord would touch her or when I...started shaving one area for aesthetic purposes but I did so quickly.

I decided to shave most of her, since the upper area seems to be the problem area that always gets tangled. She has had fur problems now for a while and they got progressively worse and worse, so it was my logic that if I shaved it it would be like starting over.

So...here's my cat. I know, she looks angry, but she's not. She's acting like a normal cat. In fact I think she's happier. She purrs more now and she's more willing to hang around people. But in pictures, fur or no fur, she always looks angry...

She even let my mom's boyfriend pet her and before she was shaved she wouldn't allow it...

User Image

I gave her a mohawk...  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:46 am

Make sure you brush her often to keep the snarls from coming back. Sometimes shaving is the best option. I tried that with my mom's cat, but no one would help me hold her and she was not having it.

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100

CrissAngelLover12345

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:46 am
Sometimes shaving is the best option. I had a friend who shaved their cat every so often to keep matting (they even brushed the cat and his fur would still end up getting matted). They took him to a groomer to get it done. He also seemed much happier with his fur shaved. He would want to be petted more, and would even allow you to hold him a bit more. His fur that was remaining was so velvety to touch! He also looked like a miniature lion without a mane. They apparently tried leaving some neck hair to make him look more like a lion with a mane and he looked weird, so they took that off too lol.

I have noticed that she always looks pissed. lol. She's still cute, though. I'd bet her remaining fur is so velvety! biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:16 pm
CrissAngelLover12345
Sometimes shaving is the best option. I had a friend who shaved their cat every so often to keep matting (they even brushed the cat and his fur would still end up getting matted). They took him to a groomer to get it done. He also seemed much happier with his fur shaved. He would want to be petted more, and would even allow you to hold him a bit more. His fur that was remaining was so velvety to touch! He also looked like a miniature lion without a mane. They apparently tried leaving some neck hair to make him look more like a lion with a mane and he looked weird, so they took that off too lol.

I have noticed that she always looks pissed. lol. She's still cute, though. I'd bet her remaining fur is so velvety! biggrin

It is very soft, but prickly when you hold her. I don't mind the prickles though.  

Upirium

Malevolent Firestarter

12,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100

CrissAngelLover12345

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:56 am
iDiru
CrissAngelLover12345

It is very soft, but prickly when you hold her. I don't mind the prickles though.

aww. Wish I could feel her lol.  
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff