Submit

Upirium

Malevolent Firestarter

12,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:18 am
I have been trying to get my betta a tank forever and finally I got one. Ten gallons. All to himself...okay not really I'm putting some small fish in there, maybe a tiny frog.

Right now all it has is an airator. Still got to get a filter but I figured I'd get stuff started early. It has decor but I'm not too sure about these plants...

User Image  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:15 pm
If you want to put other fish in there, I would suggest Endlers. They are related to Guppies, but are about 1/2 the size, and much less flashy (still very pretty though!). They are most often somd as "Feeder Guppies" in pet stores. I got mine at Pet Supermarket for $0.49 a peice. They do quite well with my King Betta, Link in a 10 gallon. They have very small mouths though, so they need a very small pellet based food. Mine like Hikari Fancy Guppy Pellets.

I would suggest againts a frog. They are almost blind, and really stupid (they cant help it XD), and will get out competed for food. If you really, really want some, get atleast two (they like the Buddy System), and they need to be target fed with a turkey baster or seringe.

For a filter, I would suggest an AquaClear 5-20. I just got one for my 10 gallon today (after my old filter too a crap) and I love it. I had the 10-30 gallon version, too and I loved it. AquaClears are great filtes! They are on sale at PetSmart with a PetPerks card =)  

Akari_32

Upirium

Malevolent Firestarter

12,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:19 pm
Akari_32
If you want to put other fish in there, I would suggest Endlers. They are related to Guppies, but are about 1/2 the size, and much less flashy (still very pretty though!). They are most often somd as "Feeder Guppies" in pet stores. I got mine at Pet Supermarket for $0.49 a peice. They do quite well with my King Betta, Link in a 10 gallon. They have very small mouths though, so they need a very small pellet based food. Mine like Hikari Fancy Guppy Pellets.

I would suggest againts a frog. They are almost blind, and really stupid (they cant help it XD), and will get out competed for food. If you really, really want some, get atleast two (they like the Buddy System), and they need to be target fed with a turkey baster or seringe.

For a filter, I would suggest an AquaClear 5-20. I just got one for my 10 gallon today (after my old filter too a crap) and I love it. I had the 10-30 gallon version, too and I loved it. AquaClears are great filtes! They are on sale at PetSmart with a PetPerks card =)

can bettas not be kept with male guppies?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:54 pm
iDiru
Akari_32

can bettas not be kept with male guppies?

It's a hit and miss situation. A lot of the time either the betta will think the guppy is a competing male and kill him or the guppies will think that the betta's tail looks tasty and tear his fins up. Sometimes it works, but it's really not worth the risk when there are so many other fish that can coexist peacefully with bettas.

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:55 pm
Akari_32

Or sometimes you end up with ones like the ones I had that needed to be hand fed or they wouldn't get the hint.

Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games