Reply Pets & Animals Main Forum
A Rexie Home Makeover =3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Akari_32

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:23 pm
I finally got around to putting that rock in Rex's tank! Its still dirty from being outside, but I rinsed it off in really hot water, and let it dry most of the day. I took a video and its really cute! heart Also took a pic of him finally using his log!!!!!!!! *excited face!*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IjKtHebx_8

The looks he gives me, and the way he kept licking the rock, makes me laugh rofl (Also, sorry its so bouncy @_@)

User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:47 am
Too cute! I love his tail! very unique! I would love to get a reptile of some sort- preferably a gecko. But my mom doesn't like the heat lamps. we had chickens and geese and ducks in the house at one point and they just raise the electric bill alot!! plus I have a ton of animals as it is. but anyways, very cute!  

xlove_buttonx

Beloved Genius

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:36 pm
xlove_buttonx
Too cute! I love his tail! very unique! I would love to get a reptile of some sort- preferably a gecko. But my mom doesn't like the heat lamps. we had chickens and geese and ducks in the house at one point and they just raise the electric bill alot!! plus I have a ton of animals as it is. but anyways, very cute!

You might want to talk to some of the gecko lovers in the guild. I *think* that leopard geckos don't need any lamps and you can get away with just having an under the tank heating pad.

@Akari: I'm glad he likes his rock! He looks really content.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:44 pm
yes, I have a leopard gecko and have had very good luck with one under tank heater on a 20 long tank. Because they are nocturnal they don't need a UVB light, which is one of the things that make them a good choice for someone new to reptiles.  

imderanged

xlove_buttonx

Beloved Genius

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:34 pm
Vanilla eXee
xlove_buttonx

You might want to talk to some of the gecko lovers in the guild. I *think* that leopard geckos don't need any lamps and you can get away with just having an under the tank heating pad.

oh awesome! thanks!!  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:46 pm
xlove_buttonx

Thank you! ^.^ I call him a confused Leopard Gecko LOL He's the right shape and everything, but has little claws and silly tail XD He even thinks he's a gecko, because he tried to run up the side of the tank all the time rolleyes

Rex is definalty a bad choice for you then XD He needs 10.0 UV and a very hot heat lamp @_@  

Akari_32

Akari_32

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:52 pm
Vanilla eXee

I think I might actually even redo it again, so he can have his basking rock back under the heat lamp so he can lay flat under the light. Not sure how I'm gunna do it.... I worked all day today, and I did it too late yesterday for him to really explore too much, because he goes to bed around 5 or so. I did his tank around 4:30, and he had to "recouperate" from the "trauma" of me messing around in his tank lol (He doesnt like it when I go in his tank >.<) I'll be home tomorrow though, so I'll see how he sits up there and it I should change it  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:59 pm
Oh & Rexie is looking SO good. I <3 him!  

imderanged

xlove_buttonx

Beloved Genius

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:03 pm
Akari_32
xlove_buttonx

Thank you! ^.^ I call him a confused Leopard Gecko LOL He's the right shape and everything, but has little claws and silly tail XD He even thinks he's a gecko, because he tried to run up the side of the tank all the time rolleyes

Rex is definalty a bad choice for you then XD He needs 10.0 UV and a very hot heat lamp @_@

wow!! ya that would definitely not work for me!! lol  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:28 pm
xlove_buttonx
Akari_32
xlove_buttonx

And the UV blubs need to be replaced multiple times a year >.< Mines actually in need of replacing, I think *sigh*  

Akari_32

xlove_buttonx

Beloved Genius

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:52 pm
Akari_32
xlove_buttonx
Akari_32
xlove_buttonx

And the UV blubs need to be replaced multiple times a year >.< Mines actually in need of replacing, I think *sigh*

awww, sounds like alot of work. I bet its worth it though  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:57 pm
xlove_buttonx
Akari_32
xlove_buttonx
Akari_32
xlove_buttonx

It really is! He's so funny! He's deffinatly at the top of my list =3  

Akari_32

xlove_buttonx

Beloved Genius

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:00 pm
Akari_32
xlove_buttonx
Akari_32
xlove_buttonx
Akari_32
xlove_buttonx

It really is! He's so funny! He's deffinatly at the top of my list =3

awww! Well i know how that is. My chin needs all kinds of things. I just had to buy him a new tray for his cage that is metal so he cant chew it up! hes expensive, but I love him!  
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games