Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Fourth Year Classes
Alchemy II ~ (1/5) Open! (Nicholas Flamel) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:33 pm
Professor of Alchemy
..........Ravenclaw Head of House
"The cycle of life only goes one direction,
not even alchemy can change that."

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
╔══════════════╗
Alchemy II
Lesson Three: Delbou
Thursday, Block Two, 9:00am to 9:45am

╚══════════════╝

The professor entered the classroom hastily, his clock had ran several minutes late, thus, making the professor himself late, but not by too much. The Hispanic man carried himself diligently to the front of the classroom and examined each desk which contained a basin of murky brown water, and with a simple wave of his wand, the familiar script of Juan Angel Amorocho scribbled upon the board with the page number of the spell to be learned this class. ”Welcome back,

“Now, today, we’re going to learn the spell, delbou, which can clean any amount of water with impurities to make it drinkable, the amount, of course, is dependent upon the casters ability and spirit, which can, if concentrated effectively, distill the water to be one hundred percent pure, that is, however, quite difficult to do. Concentration is very important, along with pronunciation, say it with me, del-BUE, and remember, just a simple gesture as you point your wand at the target.. Now, once you've copied your notes, turn to the basins of water at your desk and give it a go. I'll be here if you have any questions...”

[Turn to page eleven in your textbooks.]

Juan Angel Amorocho
User Image User Image User Image

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:39 am
User Image
                                            And you don't seem the lying kind
                                            A shame you seemed an honest man
                                            And all the fears you hold so dear

User Image

════════════════════════

Fouʀth Yᴇᴀʀ |Ⅳ| Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ |Ⅳ| Hᴀʟғ-Bʟᴏᴏᴅ

════════════════════════

Text.

It was odd walking into Alchemy class and being the first to be there, before even Professor Amorocho, but Selina figured anyone can run behind, so she simply took her usual seat, and started getting ready for the day's lesson. Having already done the reading for the day's class, Selina took down the notes as they appeared on the blackboard in her usual neat hand. It wasn't lost her the significance of today's lesson, as she reminded herself to put page references in her Potions notes, after all, the purer the water the better results she would get in her potion-making. It was an obvious thing, at least to her, but maybe not to others.

She repeated the incantation a few times, along with the wand movement before trying the spell on the basin of vile-smelling, filthy water which rested before her on her desk. Marshaling her will, the same as she did in her Wandless Class, Selina gestured with her wand, and spoke, "Delbou." A ripple ran across the surface of the tainted water, and the rotten egg smell and the muddy particulates faded considerably, though not enough that Selina felt comfortable attempting to drink any of it. "Really?" she muttered under her breath. "I can do better.Delbou!" This time, a ripple as though a rock were tossed into the basin rolled through the water, and in its wake she saw the dirt vanish, and she could no longer smell the presence of the sulfur hydroxide. "There we go now."

════════════════════════
                                            OOC:
                                            User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Will turn to whisper in your ear
                                            and you know I don't mean to hurt you
                                            But you know that it means so much
                                            And you don't even feel a thing

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:57 pm
Professor of Alchemy

╔══════════════╗
Alchemy II
Lesson One: Nicholas Flamel

╚══════════════╝

”Welcome back students, I hope you had an excellent summer. This year we’re going to dive right back in with a lecture about one of the greatest alchemists in history—Nicholas Flamel. If you’re new, or if you don’t remember me, my name is Professor Angel. If you haven’t already, take out your notebook or parchment and quill and begin taking notes.

“The famed alchemist Nicolas Flamel, born in the 1327, created the only known Philosopher's Stone in existence. Flamel used the Elixir of Life made from the stone to extend his and his wife, Perenelle's, lifespan for centuries until they decided to destroy the stone in 1992, where the couple soon died afterwards.

“The Philosopher's Stone, as you should all remember, was a man-made, blood-red stone with magical properties. It could be used to create the Elixir of Life, which extended the drinker's lifespan, as well as transform any metal into pure gold. The Philosopher's Stone was believed to mystically amplify the user's knowledge of alchemy so much so that anything was attainable.

“You should remember from last year, the stone was finally found within Hogwarts School by Harry Potter and Lord Voldemort, after a series of trials and tasks set by the professors, Mister Harry Potter saved the stone and returned it to Dumbledore where he and Nicholas Flamel decided to destroy it.

“Nicholas Flamel had always been an alchemist that believed in the true pursuit of enlightenment, because alchemy is not only a practical magic, it’s also a philosophy. Now, does anyone have any questions?”
The Hispanic professor inquired, glancing about his students and their scribbling quills.

Juan Angel Amorocho

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:08 pm
Professor of Alchemy

╔══════════════╗
Alchemy II
Lesson Two: Albus Dumbledore

╚══════════════╝

The next lesson, he waited for the students to gather in the seats before he began. ”Albus Dumbledore was a great man. He was one of the most loved Headmaster’s at Hogwarts, was a member of the Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorcerer—served as Supreme Mugwump of the International Confederation of Wizards and as Chief Warlock of the Wizengamot. He is most famous for his defeat of Gellert Grindelwald, the discovery of the twelve uses of dragons blood, and his work on alchemy with Nicholas Flamel in constructing the Philosopher’s Stone.

“Now, is there any other fact anyone can tell me about Albus Dumbledore, this is a discussion, so feel free to add opinions as well, and as always, participation will reward points to your house.”

Juan Angel Amorocho

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 9:21 am
Professor of Alchemy
..........Juan Angel Amorocho
..................Ravenclaw Head of House
"The cycle of life only goes one direction, ......................

User Image

╔══════════════╗
Alchemy II

╚══════════════╝

”Welcome back students, I hope you had an excellent summer. This year we’re going to dive right back in with a lecture about one of the greatest alchemists in history—Nicholas Flamel. If you’re new, or if you don’t remember me, my name is Professor Amorocho. If you haven’t already, take out your notebook or parchment and quill and begin taking notes.

“The famed alchemist Nicolas Flamel, born in the 1327, created the only known Philosopher's Stone in existence. Flamel used the Elixir of Life made from the stone to extend his and his wife, Perenelle's, lifespan for centuries until they decided to destroy the stone in 1992, where the couple soon died afterwards.

“The Philosopher's Stone, as you should all remember, was a man-made, blood-red stone with magical properties. It could be used to create the Elixir of Life, which extended the drinker's lifespan, as well as transform any metal into pure gold. The Philosopher's Stone was believed to mystically amplify the user's knowledge of alchemy so much so that anything was attainable.

“You should remember from last year, the stone was finally found within Hogwarts School by Harry Potter and Lord Voldemort, after a series of trials and tasks set by the professors, Mister Harry Potter saved the stone and returned it to Dumbledore where he and Nicholas Flamel decided to destroy it.

“Nicholas Flamel had always been an alchemist that believed in the true pursuit of enlightenment, because alchemy is not only a practical magic, it’s also a philosophy. Now, if there are no questions, you may talk amongst yourselves quietly until class is over.”
The Hispanic professor inquired, glancing about his students and their scribbling quills.  
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 10:43 pm
User Image
User Image
fourth year slytherin chaser

Kyson sat in his desk in Alchemy class, mindlessly taking notes on the lecture. They were discussing Nicolas Flamel, the creator of the Philosopher's Stone. The blonde nearly dozed off during the lecture. However, he managed to make it through. After he was dismissed, Kyson stood up and exited the class, wandering off to find something else to do.

Welcome to the end of eras. Ice has melted back to life. Done my time and served my sentence.
                                                      Dress me up and watch me die. If it feels good, tastes good, it must be mine.
                                                      Dynasty decapitated, you just might see a ghost tonight. And if you don't know, now you know.
                                                      I'm taking back the crown. I'm all dressed up and naked. I see what's mine and take it.
                                                      Finders keepers, losers weepers. Oh, yeah, the crown... So close I can taste it.
                                                      I see what's mine and take it. Finders keepers, losers weepers. Oh, yeah...

x x x x

OOC: . . .

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 11:40 am
Professor of Alchemy

User Image
╔══════════════╗
Alchemy II

╚══════════════╝

The next lesson, he waited for the students to gather in the seats before he began. ”Albus Dumbledore was a great man. He was one of the most loved Headmaster’s at Hogwarts, was a member of the Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorcerer—served as Supreme Mugwump of the International Confederation of Wizards and as Chief Warlock of the Wizengamot. He is most famous for his defeat of Gellert Grindelwald, the discovery of the twelve uses of dragons blood, and his work on alchemy with Nicholas Flamel in constructing the Philosopher’s Stone.

“Now, is there any other fact anyone can tell me about Albus Dumbledore, this is a discussion, so feel free to add opinions as well, and as always, eloquent answers will receive points for their house.”

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:32 am
Today's Class

Lesson One

Chapter Four Nicholas Flamel

Assignment for Next Class:

Read Chapter Five, Albus Dumbledore and write one foot essay summary about the famous alchemist.

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:33 am
Professor of Alchemy

User Image
╔══════════════╗
Alchemy II

╚══════════════╝

”Welcome back students, I hope you had an excellent summer. This year we’re going to dive right back in with a lecture about one of the greatest alchemists in history—Nicholas Flamel. If you’re new, or if you don’t remember me, my name is Professor Amorocho. If you haven’t already, take out your notebook or parchment and quill and begin taking notes.

“Nicholas Flamel had always been an alchemist that believed in the true pursuit of enlightenment, because alchemy is not only a practical magic, it’s also a philosophy. Now, does anyone have any questions?”
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:01 am
Last Class: Points Earned
      Gryffindor:
      Hufflepuff:
      Ravenclaw:
      Slytherin:

Today's Class

Chapter Five, Albus Dumbledore

Read Chapter Eleven, Delbou and write one foot essay on the uses and limitations of the spell.

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:03 am
Professor of Alchemy

User Image
╔══════════════╗
Alchemy II

╚══════════════╝

“Now, is there any other fact anyone can tell me about Albus Dumbledore, this is a discussion, so feel free to add opinions as well, and as always, eloquent answers will receive points for their house.”

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:54 pm
Raymond Ara Yuko
Fourth Year Slytherin
Pureblood Parselmouth
Team Chaser

User Image User Image

Raymond only class that morning was alchemy. Sure it was his second alchemy class of the year. He took a seat and prepared to take notes for the day. Albus Dumbledore, something he was sure would come up in history at some point. Only way it wouldn’t was if it happened after he dropped the class. Sitting silently, Raymond took notes on the headmaster most people knew as either; the best head master that ever lived or a crazy lunatic. When Professor Amorocho asked if they had another to add Raymond pipped up. “He was owner of the elder wand before he was killed.”

With: Class...

Wearing: Slytherin Uniform

OOC: ---

Hrm, rather intelligent, I see...
                                    Not to mention you seem to have a tendency to think of yourself first...
                                    I do believe this house is the perfect fit for you...
                                    Slytherin!

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:01 pm
Today's Class

Chapter Four Nicholas Flamel

Read Chapter Five, Albus Dumbledore and write one foot essay summary about the famous alchemist.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:02 pm
Professor of Alchemy

User Image
╔══════════════╗
Alchemy II

╚══════════════╝

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:59 am
User Image
Fianna Grey
Gryffindor Fourth Year Fourteen Years OldSingle

Hannah thought Fianna insane for even trying to take Alchemy, as it was such a difficult class, involving advanced concepts and spell-casting. Fianna figured it would be useful, as Linny pointed out she had used what she learned in Professor Amarocho's class in a bunch of other classes, including her Cooking class. She liked her teacher, finding his deep baritone voice soothing when she struggled with some of her lessons. It was no wonder Linny had adored him.

"So how did the stone work, Professor, and why hasn't anyone been able to replicate Flamel's work?" she asked her teacher curiously.

y.

OOC:
Username

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
                  Turn your magic on, to me she'd say
                  "Everything you wants a dream away
                  We are legends, every day"
                  That's what she told me

Turn your magic on, to me she'd say
                  "Everything you wants a dream away
                  Under this pressure, under this weight
                  We are diamonds"