Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Fifth Year Classes
Alchemy III ~ (1/5) Open! (Desires of an Alchemist) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 12:41 am
User Image

◥ ♒ ✖ ♒ Eugene "Jean" Windsor ♒ ✖ ♒ ◤

Ravenclaw Fifth Year Half-Blood Scottish Accent

User Image

I wish I had covered all my tracks completely cause I'm so afraid
Is that the light at the far end of the tunnel or just the train?
Lift your arms only heaven knows, where the danger grows
And it's safe to say there's a bright light up ahead and help is on the way

-------- ✦ I forget the last time I felt brave, I just recall insecurity ✦ --------

Eugene took a seat, as usual, in the middle and third row. He took Alchemy mainly because he was just curious about how Alchemy really worked in the wizard's point of view, nothing more. He was not sure if Alchemy was done by putting stuff on it and drawing circles like that Alchemist TV Show he watched. He listened curiously to Professor Angel while he was reading 'Absolutely Alchemy', he only took a few readings according to the Table of Contents. He couldn't help but think if the wizard back then thought that alchemy would make them higher than humans. "Uhm, sir?" He asked, raising his hand shyly, "Just curious, if alchemy is also philosophy and to an extent abit of psychology... So uh, does that mean some alchemists were trying to do things to "overcome common or human hardships", but would lead them to unwanted attention, right?" He felt stupid by asking some "nonsense questions", not sure about what would the professor answer.

-------- Cause it came down like a tidal wave, and sorrow swept over me --------

Depression, please cut to the chase and cut a long story short
Oh please be done. How much longer can this drama afford to run?
Fate looks sharp, severs all my ties and breaks whatever doesn't bend
But sadly then, all my heavy hopes just pull me back down again

With: Fifth Years, Professor Angel
Attire: Uniform

Essy ze Ninja

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 7:25 pm
Professor of Alchemy
..........Ravenclaw Head of House
"The cycle of life only goes one direction,
not even alchemy can change that."

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
╔══════════════╗
Alchemy III
Lesson One: Desires of an Alchemist
Tuesday, Block Six, 2:00pm to 2:45pm

╚══════════════╝

”Hmmm,” the professor tilted his head, trying his best to accurately interpret the young boy's question. He then folded his hands behind his back, straightened his posture and began to pace back and forth across the front of the room. ”I'm not sure I follow your line of questioning; many of their pursuits, in a way, were to overcome the boundaries of humanity, yes, but it wasn't so much they were afraid or reluctant to garner any unwanted attention, they were purposefully guarded with their formulas and vague in their writings, some for their own selfish reasons, and others, because they feared what might become of their alchemical secrets if it fell into the wrong hands. For example, to alchemists, all things are created by the Tria Prima, the three essentials, or Sulfur, Mercury, and Salt; though they don't always mean the same thing one would expect it too. They can have spiritual meanings, such as soul, spirit, and body, respectively, and even occasionally, more than one meaning in the same text. So to some, the basic makeup of the Philospher's Stone was a recombination of the three essentials balanced to perfection. But how much? And to what degree? Using which method? With what material?” He could only shrug now. ”Just another archaic secret.”

Juan Angel Amorocho
User Image User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 7:26 pm
Professor of Alchemy

╔══════════════╗
Alchemy III
Lesson Two: Famous Alchemists

╚══════════════╝

Professor Angel stood from his perched position behind his tidy desk once his students had entered the classroom; he bounded around the edge of his desk to begin the day. As the students settled themselves within their seats, he casually withdrew his wand and offered a simple flick of the wrist. The motionless chalk nestled beside the board jumped with a sudden shock and then began to write.

”Quite possibly the most famous alchemists in history are written on the board. For house points, can anyone give me any examples as to what contributions these historical figures had made to alchemy?”

Dzou Yen (fl. 4th century B.C.)
Nicolas Flamel (c. 1327—c. 1992)
Paracelsus (1493—1541)
Albus Dumbledore (1881—1997)

Juan Angel Amorocho
User Image User Image User Image

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:33 am
Professor of Alchemy

╔══════════════╗
Alchemy III

╚══════════════╝

Striding diligently across the rows of desks and chairs, Angel reached the front of his class and turned to meet his students. ”Welcome back, hope your summer was well. Welcome to Alchemy III, I am Professor Juan Angel Amorocho, call me Professor Angel, or just professor is fine. Today, we’re going to learn about the desires of an alchemist during the boom of the renaissance. Now, during the renaissance era is when the height of a prolonged lifestyle sparked birth, along with the desire to be rich and famous. So, of course, there had always been a search for a stone which could convert ordinary metals to gold, immortality for the spirit and soul, and the creation of artificial life.

“Now, unbeknownst to many alchemists, the true reasons behind the study of alchemy was not only for science, but for spiritual ambition as well. Alchemists believe that there is a quintessence, where the Above can be created in the Below, thus, heaven on earth in spirit and mind. So, with that in mind, there was only a very small percentage of alchemists true to the ideal of discovering the truth of alchemy, which is why in ancient texts, it can be impossible to discern which ingredients is being used because of the basic, generic terms used for each items.

“An alchemist must engage his studies with a pure heart if his desire is to achieve spiritual perfection and immortality. Essentially, you can almost call it a religion, and the quintessence, heaven. But you will only be learning practical alchemy in this class, but there is a genuine scientific merriment to the philosophical aspect of alchemy. Which, I can explain very simply with this quote from an unknown alchemist.... Now, are there any questions?”

Quote:
“Would to God . . . all men might become adepts in our Art -- for then gold, the great idol of mankind, would lose its value, and we should prize it only for its scientific teaching.”

Juan Angel Amorocho

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:03 pm
User Image
User Image

User Image Location: Alchemy - Tuesday @ 2:00pm

After cooking class, Mira headed off to alchemy. For which she quickly took a seat in the second row. Honestly she enjoyed the study of alchemy. It was up there with potions and wandlore really. With her professor being the head of Timothy's house, she wanted to stay in good standing with him. Hopefully even pass her OWL for the class. Could she get so luck?

Getting her stuff out, Mira went to taking notes the moment class started. It was all about the renaissance a time where just about anything interesting became of interest. If she had of taken muggle art maybe she would have learned something about that time period. Having no questions Mira remained silent.

User Image

With: Class... Professor Angel

Wearing: Slytherin Uniform

OOC: ---

Spice the Rat

Anger and resentment,
A dark path you tread,
I would be careful, young one,
But, I know where you belong...
Slytherin!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:14 pm
Professor of Alchemy

╔══════════════╗
Alchemy III

╚══════════════╝

Striding diligently across the rows of desks and chairs, Angel reached the front of his class and turned to meet his students. ”Welcome back, hope your summer was well. Welcome to Alchemy III, I am Professor Juan Angel Amorocho, call me Professor Angel, or just professor is fine. Today, we’re going to learn about the desires of an alchemist during the boom of the renaissance. Now, during the renaissance era is when the height of a prolonged lifestyle sparked birth, along with the desire to be rich and famous. So, of course, there had always been a search for a stone which could convert ordinary metals to gold, immortality for the spirit and soul, and the creation of artificial life.

“Now, unbeknownst to many alchemists, the true reasons behind the study of alchemy was not only for science, but for spiritual ambition as well. Alchemists believe that there is a quintessence, where the Above can be created in the Below, thus, heaven on earth in spirit and mind. So, with that in mind, there was only a very small percentage of alchemists true to the ideal of discovering the truth of alchemy, which is why in ancient texts, it can be impossible to discern which ingredients is being used because of the basic, generic terms used for each items.

“An alchemist must engage his studies with a pure heart if his desire is to achieve spiritual perfection and immortality. Essentially, you can almost call it a religion, and the quintessence, heaven. But you will only be learning practical alchemy in this class, but there is a genuine scientific merriment to the philosophical aspect of alchemy. Which, I can explain very simply with this quote from an unknown alchemist.... Now, are there any questions?”

Quote:
“Would to God . . . all men might become adepts in our Art -- for then gold, the great idol of mankind, would lose its value, and we should prize it only for its scientific teaching.”

Juan Angel Amorocho

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:21 pm
User Image

Taken By : Tori Macclallan

User Image User Image

This was Dakota’s last class of the day and already he knew that alchemy would be an interesting but tough lesson to learn. Regardless he knew in the next hour that he’d be free to return to the Ravenclaw common room before heading downstairs for dinner. Walking into class the eagle took a seat at the front before Professor Angel walked to the front of the classroom. Pulling out his quill and parchment, Dakota started taking notes the moment class started. Listening to the lecture he knew right off the bat that he was referring to the Philosopher’s stone.

Continuing to write down the remaining notes on how alchemy was scientific as well as spiritual, Dakota found the theory interesting. ‘Would to God . . . all men might become adepts in our Art -- for then gold, the great idol of mankind, would lose its value, and we should prize it only for its scientific teaching.’ He copied down from the board before raising his hand. “The stone they were searching for, the one that could convert ordinary metals into gold and everything. Was it the Philosopher’s stone they were searching for back then?” Dakota asked curiously. He wanted to be sure that his thoughts were correct.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Wearing: Ravenclaw Uniform

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

User Image

A rather curious lad aren't you?
                                        Not to mention quite inventive.
                                        You'll find your home in...
                                        Ravenclaw

Henry the Black Catx

Essy ze Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:16 pm
Professor of Alchemy

╔══════════════╗
Alchemy III

╚══════════════╝

"Yessir, indeed. There were many rumors of a stone--the philosopher's stone--which has extraordinary power. Word of mouth had carried this even into the muggle world so even muggles began the search for this stone despite having no idea what it--or its name--even truly was. Mind you, Nicholas Flamel was born in the 1300's, and the International Statute of Wizarding Secrecy hadn't been officially established until 1692. So for roughly three hundred years, muggles and wizards lived amongst each other under the discrepancy of their own local rules," he said with a conclusive nod. Professor Amorocho glanced at the time on his wristwatch which nearly read a quarter to three. "Well, I believe that is all the time we have for class today, before next class I expect you all to read chapter six in your textbooks to be prepared for our discussion on the famous alchemists of time. Oh, and Mister Vann, you've earned five points for Ravenclaw today... You're all dismissed."

Juan Angel Amorocho

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:17 pm
User Image

User Image User Image

Dakota knew he was right. With a smile on the boy’s face he thought about what it would have been like living among muggles. No law keeping the two worlds apart. He imagined it would be pretty hard, that is why they had witch burnings. Taking down some notes as Professor Angel spoke about it, Dakota certainly did find it interesting. Writing down to read chapter six Dakota planned on reading it when he got up to the common room. Already he knew one if not two of the famous alchemists so it was half review already. Once he was done the reading he’d be back to studying the next day’s lesson. Smiling when he was told he gained Ravenclaw house points he went on to pack up his things. “Have a good rest of your day professor.” Dakota said before heading out of the classroom and off to the Ravenclaw common room for some study time.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

User Image

Ravenclaw

Henry the Black Catx

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:45 pm
Professor of Alchemy

╔══════════════╗
Alchemy III
Lesson Two: Famous Alchemists

╚══════════════╝

Professor Angel stood from his perched position behind his tidy desk once his students had entered the classroom; he bounded around the edge of his desk to begin the day. As the students settled themselves within their seats, he casually withdrew his wand and offered a simple flick of the wrist. The motionless chalk nestled beside the board jumped with a sudden shock and then began to write.

”Quite possibly the most famous alchemists in history are written on the board. For house points, can anyone give me any examples as to what contributions these historical figures had made to alchemy?”

Dzou Yen (fl. 4th century B.C.)
Nicolas Flamel (c. 1327—c. 1992)
Paracelsus (1493—1541)
Albus Dumbledore (1881—1997)

Juan Angel Amorocho

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:42 am
User Image

User Image User Image

Dakota walked into alchemy his reading completed after last week’s class. Taking a seat at the front like always, he looked waited for class to begin. With notes open in front of him, the Ravenclaw looked to the front as Professor Angel began the lesson. The moment the question was asked, the Ravenclaw raised his hand. “Well, Nicolas Famel is known for the Philosopher’s Stone turning metal into pure gold, Albus Dumbledore assisted Nicolas Famel, Dzou Yen’s know for refining the theory of the Five Elements, and Paracelsus was known for researching the uses of minerals.” He replied with a smile. That’s what he read and that’s what his notes said from his reading. Nobody can say he didn’t do his homework.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

User Image

Ravenclaw

Henry the Black Catx

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:37 pm
Professor of Alchemy

╔══════════════╗
Alchemy III
Lesson Three: Expono

╚══════════════╝

As the professor of alchemy entered the classroom, he ushered a simple wave of his wand to create a flutter of his handwriting to appear on the chalkboard at the front of the class. All around, the flutter of wings from caged pixies rustled around the class. Striding diligently across the rows of desks and chairs, Angel reached the front of his class and turned to meet his students. ”To dissuade the callous and greedy of heart from discovering the truths behind alchemy, and it’s because of those paranoid wizards that we have spells like Expono to help identify what type of man you may be dealing with during experiments and collaborations...

“This spell is quite exhausting and requires a keen sense of mind, but the wand movements and pronunciation are quite simple in comparison. A simple and gentle tap on the left temple of their head with your wand, and then guide the tip down towards the heart (without touching the victim) as you recite the incantation, ex-poe-NU.

"The trick is to imagine yourself in the darkness, you can't see who your facing, but you know they're there, so use every bit of information you've ever seen or heard from them to help shift their body into the form that best represents their motives, their ambition in life, the animal, the color, the feeling that best describes them. All of this, will lead you to an illusion cast over the victim that's intricately tied to the one who cast the spell. It's always hard to decipher the meaning of these illusions, because of that fact. It's very rare for the same outcome to appear when two different wizards practice the spell on the same target, so, you'll have to feel it in your guts to understand. Because everyone's perception of good, and evil, and love and hate is very, very different. Which is what makes this spell very controversial in modern day times.

"Once you've completed your reading on the chapter, you may begin practicing with the caged pixies set up in each corner of the class. I do suggest, however, you either freeze the pixie or try to stun him, to be able to properly perform the spell. Take notes on what you see, be as detailed as possible, once you've finished, turn your notes in to me and then you're dismissed. ”

[Turn to page 13 in your textbooks]

Juan Angel Amorocho

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:58 pm
Professor of Alchemy

╔══════════════╗
Alchemy III

╚══════════════╝

Quote:

Juan Angel Amorocho

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:42 am
User Image
                                            And you don't seem the lying kind
                                            A shame you seemed an honest man
                                            And all the fears you hold so dear

User Image

════════════════════════

Fifth Yᴇᴀʀ |Ⅴ Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ Prefect |Ⅴ| Hᴀʟғ-Bʟᴏᴏᴅ

════════════════════════

Selina really liked Professor Amarocho and his Alchemy classes, and she'd found use for what he thought in a number of her other classes, and so she found Alchemy a rather nice way to wind up her Tuesdays. Today they were discussing the philosophical end of the study, rather than the practical, which was giving the young Ravenclaw something new for her mind to feast upon.

"Professor, are you suggesting the end goal of Alchemy is alleviate the spectre of 'want' from the human condition? If we accept the premise that 'want is the root of all misery', then this is a good thing, but is it? Want in itself drives people to find ways to satisfy that want, although that causes them to push the goal hoops back because the more we achieve, the more we want. If we alleviate want, do we not take away man's desire to achieve?"

════════════════════════
                                            OOC:
                                            User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Will turn to whisper in your ear
                                            and you know I don't mean to hurt you
                                            But you know that it means so much
                                            And you don't even feel a thing

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:11 pm
User Image
Lola Mutan Ye
<5th Year>

Alchemy was one of Lola's favorite subjects, though it wouldn't quite compare to charms or arithmancy. She wanted to be either a metal charmer or arithmancer someday though. However the spirituality of alchemy was always fascinating to Lola and today that was the subject at hand. When he introduced the topic, Lola listened quietly and of course Selina had an idea to share. She, of course, did like Selina well enough they were friends even if they had very different tastes in guys (though they were both Bannisters), even Lola couldn't deny that Selina tended to be one of the most opinionated people she knew.

Lola spoke up, raising her hand, and countered her friend, "It depends on what you define as achievement. Want for material things and long life is something alchemy might be able to grant people, but for other greater things like love and knowledge you have to dig deeper. As for me, I know a lot of the things I hope to achieve even the Philosopher's Stone couldn't grant me. Gold and long life is just a want that helps you achieve what you want but you still have to work hard in investing those gifts properly to achieve more even if that material want is solved."

Time: 2032-2033
Looking: Pretty Clever

{OoC: }
Graydon Ironshield

Quote:

Quote:

Fifth Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers