Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Fifth Year Classes
Alchemy III ~ (1/5) Open! (Desires of an Alchemist) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:48 pm
Made something better, he kept it for himself.
I'm not that stupid, I just need a lot of help-
To understand how stupid you really are.
Down at the bottom of the ocean, I lay down;
Nobody's coming; just continue to drown.
And no one here could ever stop my ruin now.
And I know I've got a lot to fear; you'll get me out...
Oh, God, just get me out of here.

User Image
α и т ı g ø и e
¢ α š š ı ø ρ e ı α
ł ı ł ł α и т ı и e

яανeи¢łαωfıfтн чeαяρυяeвłøøđše¢øиđ вøяи

Anti had considered Alchemy as one of her favorite classes since third year. She didn't have much to add to Selina and Lola's friendly debate, other than, "Maybe it's that what we want often isn't good for us. So remove the want...," she shrugged. "Then maybe we could focus on other things." The Ravenclaw flushed slightly and looked away.

OOC:
Username

Nobody's daughter, she never was, she never will-
Be beholden to anyone she cannot kill!
You don't understand how damaged we really are.
You don't understand how evil we really are.
And I will dig my own grave, yeah...
I'm misbegotten; I am the last one you save here.
Of course I'll sleep forever and forever;
Anesthetize all your horrors away.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:18 pm
Professor of Alchemy
..........Ravenclaw Head of House
"The cycle of life only goes one direction,
not even alchemy can change that."

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
╔══════════════╗
Alchemy III
Lesson Two: Famous Alchemists
Tuesday, Block Six, 2:00pm to 2:45pm

╚══════════════╝

Professor Angel stood from his perched position behind his tidy desk once his students had entered the classroom; he bounded around the edge of his desk to begin the day. As the students settled themselves within their seats, he casually withdrew his wand and offered a simple flick of the wrist. The motionless chalk nestled beside the board jumped with a sudden shock and then began to write.

”Quite possibly the most famous alchemists in history are written on the board. For house points, can anyone give me any examples as to what contributions these historical figures had made to alchemy?”

Dzou Yen (fl. 4th century B.C.)
Nicolas Flamel (c. 1327—c. 1992)
Paracelsus (1493—1541)
Albus Dumbledore (1881—1997)

Juan Angel Amorocho
User Image User Image User Image

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:04 pm
User Image
                                            And you don't seem the lying kind
                                            A shame you seemed an honest man
                                            And all the fears you hold so dear

User Image

════════════════════════

Fifth Yᴇᴀʀ |Ⅴ Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ Prefect |Ⅴ| Hᴀʟғ-Bʟᴏᴏᴅ

════════════════════════

Selina was the first to arrive to class aside from Professor Amorocho himself, and she made herself comfortable before the lecture on famous alchemists could begin.

"Dzou Yen is credited with being the father of Chinese scientific thought, and he refined the Principles of the Five Elements, as well as the theories of Yin and Yang," Selina offered, after raising her hand, and waiting to be acknowledged.

════════════════════════
                                            OOC: Taken by Layton Bannister
                                            User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Will turn to whisper in your ear
                                            and you know I don't mean to hurt you
                                            But you know that it means so much
                                            And you don't even feel a thing

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 9:23 am
Professor of Alchemy
..........Juan Angel Amorocho
..................Ravenclaw Head of House
"The cycle of life only goes one direction, ......................

User Image

╔══════════════╗
Alchemy III
Lesson One: Desires of an Alchemist

╚══════════════╝

Striding diligently across the rows of desks and chairs, Angel reached the front of his class and turned to meet his students. ”Welcome back, hope your summer was well. Welcome to Alchemy III, I am Professor Juan Angel Amorocho, call me Professor Angel, or just professor is fine. Today, we’re going to learn about the desires of an alchemist during the boom of the renaissance. Now, during the renaissance era is when the height of a prolonged lifestyle sparked birth, along with the desire to be rich and famous. So, of course, there had always been a search for a stone which could convert ordinary metals to gold, immortality for the spirit and soul, and the creation of artificial life.

“Now, unbeknownst to many alchemists, the true reasons behind the study of alchemy was not only for science, but for spiritual ambition as well. Alchemists believe that there is a quintessence, where the Above can be created in the Below, thus, heaven on earth in spirit and mind. So, with that in mind, there was only a very small percentage of alchemists true to the ideal of discovering the truth of alchemy, which is why in ancient texts, it can be impossible to discern which ingredients is being used because of the basic, generic terms used for each items.

“An alchemist must engage his studies with a pure heart if his desire is to achieve spiritual perfection and immortality. Essentially, you can almost call it a religion, and the quintessence, heaven. However you will only be learning practical alchemy in this class, but there is a genuine scientific merriment to the philosophical aspect of alchemy. Which, I can explain very simply with this quote from an unknown alchemist.... Now, I want to hear your opinion. What do you think would happen to wizardingkind if alchemy was praised only for its scientific teaching? And on the other hand, what would happen if the opposite was true?”

“Would to God . . . all men might become adepts in our Art -- for then gold, the great idol of mankind, would lose its value, and we should prize it only for its scientific teaching.”

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 11:43 am
Professor of Alchemy

User Image
╔══════════════╗
Alchemy III

╚══════════════╝

Professor Angel stood from his perched position behind his tidy desk once his students had entered the classroom; he bounded around the edge of his desk to begin the day. As the students settled themselves within their seats, he casually withdrew his wand and offered a simple flick of the wrist. The motionless chalk nestled beside the board jumped with a sudden shock and then began to write.

”Quite possibly the most famous alchemists in history are written on the board. For house points, can anyone give me any examples as to what contributions these historical figures had made to alchemy?”

Paracelsus (1493—1541)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:35 am
Today's Class

Lesson One

Chapter Seven, Desires of an Alchemist

Assignment for Next Class:

Read Chapter Six Famous Alchemists.

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:36 am
Professor of Alchemy

User Image
╔══════════════╗
Alchemy III

╚══════════════╝

Striding diligently across the rows of desks and chairs, Angel reached the front of his class and turned to meet his students. ”Welcome back, hope your summer was well. Welcome to Alchemy III, I am Professor Juan Angel Amorocho, call me Professor Angel, or just professor is fine. Today, we’re going to learn about the desires of an alchemist during the boom of the renaissance. Now, during the renaissance era is when the height of a prolonged lifestyle sparked birth, along with the desire to be rich and famous. So, of course, there had always been a search for a stone which could convert ordinary metals to gold, immortality for the spirit and soul, and the creation of artificial life.

“Now, unbeknownst to many alchemists, the true reasons behind the study of alchemy was not only for science, but for spiritual ambition as well. Alchemists believe that there is a quintessence, where the Above can be created in the Below, thus, heaven on earth in spirit and mind. So, with that in mind, there was only a very small percentage of alchemists true to the ideal of discovering the truth of alchemy, which is why in ancient texts, it can be impossible to discern which ingredients is being used because of the basic, generic terms used for each items.

“An alchemist must engage his studies with a pure heart if his desire is to achieve spiritual perfection and immortality. Essentially, you can almost call it a religion, and the quintessence, heaven. However you will only be learning practical alchemy in this class, but there is a genuine scientific merriment to the philosophical aspect of alchemy. Which, I can explain very simply with this quote from an unknown alchemist.... Now, I want to hear your opinion. What do you think would happen to wizardingkind if alchemy was praised only for its scientific teaching? Or on the other hand, what would happen if it were exploited? If somehow it was discovered how to turn lead into gold?”

“Would to God . . . all men might become adepts in our Art -- for then gold, the great idol of mankind, would lose its value, and we should prize it only for its scientific teaching.”

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:07 am
Last Class: Points Earned
      Gryffindor:
      Hufflepuff:
      Ravenclaw:
      Slytherin:

Today's Class

Chapter Six Famous Alchemists.

Read Chapter Thirteen Expono Spell and write one foot essay on your opinion of the effectiveness or practical uses of this spell.

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:08 am
Professor of Alchemy

User Image
╔══════════════╗
Alchemy III

╚══════════════╝

”Quite possibly the most famous alchemists in history are written on the board. For house points, can anyone give me any examples as to what contributions these historical figures have made to alchemy?”

Paracelsus (1493—1541)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:03 pm
Today's Class

Chapter Seven, Desires of an Alchemist

Read Chapter Six Famous Alchemists.

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:04 pm
Professor of Alchemy

User Image
╔══════════════╗
Alchemy III

╚══════════════╝

“An alchemist must engage his studies with a pure heart if his desire is to achieve spiritual perfection and immortality. Essentially, you can almost call it a religion, and the quintessence, heaven. However you will only be learning practical alchemy in this class, but there is a genuine scientific merriment to the philosophical aspect of alchemy. Which, I can explain very simply with this quote from an unknown alchemist.... Now, I want to hear your opinion. What do you think would happen to wizardingkind if alchemy was praised only for its scientific teaching? Or on the other hand, what would happen if it were exploited? If somehow it was discovered how to turn lead into gold?”

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:17 am
      Gryffindor:
      Hufflepuff:
      Ravenclaw:
      Slytherin:

Today's Class

Chapter Six Famous Alchemists.

Read Chapter Thirteen Expono Spell and write one foot essay on your opinion of the effectiveness or practical uses of this spell.

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:18 am
Professor of Alchemy

User Image
╔══════════════╗
Alchemy III

╚══════════════╝

Paracelsus (1493—1541)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:45 pm
      Gryffindor:
      Hufflepuff:
      Ravenclaw:
      Slytherin:

Today's Class

Chapter Thirteen, Expono Spell