Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Sixth Year Classes
Alchemy IV ~ (1/4) Open! (Dormir) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:39 am
Alchemy IV

Professor Juan Amorocho

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Nestled in the far corner of the fourth floor, the Alchemy class can be found behind a large oak door revealing a dimly lit, and brief tunnel passage way and lead into the rest of the wide circular room. Tremendous windows lined the walls to give birth to the section dedicated to herbology, which also lined the walls and flowering beds filled with a myriad of plants blossom in the sunlights dazzling rays. Broad desks occupied the center and faced the professor's desk which sat directly in between the windows and the children; two cauldrons reside upon the wooden desks, adjacent to their wooden chair counter part. Traditionally, the hispanic alchemist could be found tending to the foliage, or otherwise seated behind his desk.

Rules
1. Common Sense Courtesy
2. Don't be afraid to ask questions if you're confused
3. Be prepared.
4. Respect. Respect. Respect.

I have a no cheating, no lying, and no stealing, zero tolerance policy and will punish each student accordingly.

Syllabus:
Dormir Spell
Frango Frigis Spell
Dream Catch Potion
Quintessence

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:37 pm
Professor of Alchemy
..............Ravenclaw
"The cycle of life only goes one direction,
not even alchemy can change that."

User Image
╔══════════════╗
Thoughts: '...'
╚══════════════╝

Long, dutiful strides carried the Hispanic professor of alchemy to the front of his classroom with his wand in hand, a simple swish, and the familiar script of the professor suddenly scribbled a spell and its directions on the board. ”Welcome to Alchemy IV, I am Professor Angel, or just professor.” He repeated for the fifth time that day with a generous smile on his lips.

”This year we will be going over the spiritual aspects of alchemy, and how alchemists sought to find a way to reach quintessence, which, is when the Above can be recreated in the Below, in short, heaven can be made here on earth and in spirit. Many alchemists believe that this phenomena is why Mister Potter was able to survive the reign of the Dark Lord in the end, because of the three fold journey he took which had changed him physically, mentally, and spiritually. A journey that every true alchemist embarks, but only few arrive…

“But, more on that later, this class we’re going to learn a rather complicated spell due to its lasting effects on the mind. The wand-work is quite complicated, but the pronunciation is moderate, just watch me, DOR-meed.”
He recited, and emphasized the movements of his wand for the class to watch and learn. "Now, team up and practice, if your the odd one out, practice with me. Please, keep in mind, that the only way to release your hold without blacking out, would be too repeat the spell as though your doing it again,

"And, don't be scared to have fun with it, either."

Quote:
Name of the spell: Dormir
Pronunciation of the spell: Dor-meed
Meaning behind the name: Dormio meaning: to sleep, slumber, siesta, nap.
Effects of the spell: A translucent wisp of smoke will gyrate the targeted wizard to lull him/her into a sudden state in between consciousness rendering the effected target in a dreaming state making the target susceptible to manipulation.
Wand movements: With wand at the ready, retract your elbow backwards (up into the air) with your wand high in the air yet still towards the targeted wizard, begin with slow sweeping loops, circling the wand in the air with a final thrust in the targets direction.
Is there a distance requirement?: Within sight, works best when the target is unsuspecting.
Are the effects lasting?: The target’s time spent half-sleeping is dependent upon the strength and determination of the caster.

Juan Angel Amorocho
User Image User Image User Image

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:56 pm
User Image

❤❤ T A M A R AR A D C L I F F E
7TH YEAR, GRYFFINDOR
¦¦ if you're going through hell, keep on going
xxxxxxxxxx x x

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬

Tamara skipped happily into her Alchemy class, looking forward to her last year of school in this class. Unfortunately, she would not be able to complete the class, since she would be graduating at the end of the year. But she had learned quite a lot in her time in the class and it had piqued her interest, especially in conjunction with her new quest. She sat down at her desk, took out her notebook as well as her writing implements and got ready to take her notes. She listened intently as the Professor spoke about a sleeping spell and took notes about everything she could. This had practical applications, not just for everyday activities, but also for duels and sneaking around. She smirked and listened to the Professor talk about reversing the spell, nodded and shut her book.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:19 pm
Professor of Alchemy
..............Ravenclaw

User Image
╔══════════════╗
╚══════════════╝

”Ah, good to see you again, Miss Radcliffe.” Angel greeted the young blonde as she swiftly glided into his class, alone. He had been hesitant to start, but deciding that, once again, Tamara would be his only student, he decidedly made haste to hurry his lesson and reach the part of intrigue. The actual spell, which if performed correctly, could even lead him to believe that class had ended on a superb note making his aspiration suddenly feel the need to pass his only student with flying colors. Of course, he had more trust in Tamara than that, and while he still felt the anxiety of what would be done unto him during a state of nostalgic and gullible half-consciousness, he couldn't have been more excited than she.

”Another small class, I suppose, but, all the better then. Now, if your done with your notes, we can begin to practice.” His notion was for her to rise and reach him at the front of the class. ”Now, the importance of this spell is to realize that the target will neither be awake, nor asleep, so, it will render them susceptible to believe any truth you might throw, so long as its deemed possible enough. It doesn’t always work, too, because this spell is very dependent on the state of mood you are in, and the person you’re affecting is in. I’ve actually taken a potion to make myself more susceptible to this, so we don’t have to worry about that.

“Just try and enchant me, prove it by making me do something I normally wouldn’t do so that when I come to, I’ll know you’ve done right.

“But that doesn’t mean take advantage,”
he laughed. ”My plants are always watching.” But whether or not there was any truth behind that statement would be left for Tamara to decide.

Juan Angel Amorocho

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:42 pm
User Image

7TH YEAR, GRYFFINDOR
xxxxxxxxxx x x

Tamara moved up to the front of the classroom, not a far trip since she selected the desk closest to the teacher's. She nodded when he suggested she try the spell on him and drew her wand from her pocket. She giggled when he said that she shouldn't take advantage of him, thinking to herself that might be possible. He was a handsome man. She shook her head slightly to clear her mind and then smiled. Drawing in a calming breath, she practiced the wand movement a couple times, then turned back to the Professor. "I'm ready, Professor," she said. She retracted her elbow, holding her wand high, then began sweeping her wand in loops. Finally, she thrust it at the target and said, "Dor-meed." Once the Professor was affected by the spell, Tammy bit her lip while she was trying to come up with a suggestion. "Hmm, Professor, moo like a cow," she said, smirking and trying to control laughter.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:32 am
Professor of Alchemy
..............Ravenclaw

User Image
╔══════════════╗
╚══════════════╝

Strolling in, the professor glided his wand towards the board causing the days lesson to appear.

Quote:

Potion: Dream Catch Potion- This potion needs to only sit on the bed stand at night; it records and encourages the witch or wizards dreams, and only works if concocted by that same witch or wizard. Dreams are often difficult to understand, but the records act as a means to remind the drinker of what’s truly important. Each vialed potion can only record one week’s worth of dreams.

1 tsp of Armadillo bile
3 cups of Powdered root of Asphodel
half a dozen Ashwinder eggs
2 handfuls of Belladonna flowers
1 Crocodile heart
5 ½ crushed Ginger roots
13 liters Syrup of Hellebore
3 dozen Jobberknoll feathers
4 grams of powdered Moonstone
2 Runespoor eggs
¼ cup of Scarab beetles
5 Sliced Caterpillar
8 cups of Shredded Daisy roots

1. Add seven liters of syrup of hellebore to the cauldron and leave to boil.
2. In a separate mortar, crush belladona flowers, crushed ginger roots, and powdered moonstone until contents are powdered together as one.
3. Add one teaspoon of armadillo bile to the crushed mortar mixture and stir, then, combine mixture to the cauldron stirring clockwise and the mixture will shift into a dark crimson color.
4. Add three cups of powdered root of asphodel, stir counterclockwise for five minutes, and then clockwise for two minutes.
5. Add half a dozen eggs of ashwinder, if the concoction is correct, the eggs should sink to the bottom.
6. Toss in one crocodile heart, but be wary, the potion will begin to bubble and froth, allow it to do so until it almost seems to bubble over and then toss in the three dozen jobberknoll feathers, and the mixture should begin steaming as it cools and the froth lessens and disappears leaving a murky maroon color behind.
7. Allow the mixture to sit for approximately ten minutes, or until the mixture has cooled and stops steaming.
8. Then, add the sliced caterpillars and the shredded daisy roots, turning counterclockwise only.
9. Drop in a quarter cup of scarab beetles, and two runespoor eggs; the mixture should begin fading to a red color.
10. Combine the remaining six liters of syrup of hellebore and the potion will turn into a translucent shade of brown is concocted correctly.

Juan Angel Amorocho

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:12 pm
User Image

7TH YEAR, GRYFFINDOR
xxxxxxxxxx x x

Tamara walked into her Alchemy classroom and took her seat at the front of the classroom, then smiled at the Professor. "Hello Professor," she said calmly. Taking out her notebook and writing equipment, she copied down the potion notes the Professor put on the board. "We're learning about a potion today Professor?" she asked, a tone of confusion in her voice.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:23 am
Professor of Alchemy
..............Ravenclaw

User Image
╔══════════════╗
╚══════════════╝

"Yes, ma'am, we are." Angel admitted without a pause as he situated himself precariously on his desktop. "Alchemy, in all reality, is magic by every degree, the only difference is the time period and people who invented the spells, now, alchemy can come in the form of literal magic, potions, and transmutations, essentially the same concept as your core classes,

"So, like I said, the reason this potion we're going over today is taught under alchemical textbooks is only because an alchemist of the renaissance had deemed it to be alchemy. And everybody knows that arguing with an alchemist is like wrestling a giant squid.

"But of course, there is a scientific and instructional layout to determine the essential difference between the two branches of magic, for instance, alchemical means will almost always aide in the search for the quintessence, or the metaphorical heaven on earth concept, but every alchemist will agree that just by knowing the creator of the spell, you can determine its history."
He explained with a knowing smile, and then indicated towards the book on her desk. "Now, lets see what you can do."

[ooc: as I do realize that today isnt posting time, I'll throw up just the one post to explain, since well, my power went out on me llast night (stupid construction) and I didn't get the chance to do so on the actual class days or the make up day; that, and I never got the chance to finish up last class, so sorry bout that.]

Juan Angel Amorocho

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:31 am
Professor of Alchemy
..............Ravenclaw

User Image
╔══════════════╗
╚══════════════╝

Juan casually glided into the classroom with a crumpet in hand, occasionally nibbling at the corner of it as he glided his wand around in wistful swipes, causing the curtains to pull back and allow the sun to permeate within the classroom and proceed to drown the foilage within its rays. The point of his wand then sent a callous wisp towards the chalkboard and caused a blunder of words to appear in thin white chalk depicting the days lesson.

"Good day, Miss Radcliffe, today, we will go over a transmutation, or rather, a transfiguration. Like I mentioned last class, alchemy is an odd branch of magic that, in some ways, is linked to every standard branch, including herbology, astrology, potions, charms, and divination. Alchemy, in some ways, is like the medieval melting pot of magic.

"Now, today we will learn how to transmute your wand into a shield, which, can withstand most spells and curses, even dark ones, and this spell, like many others, only grows stronger with time and use, and of course, under stressful situations. As it is, there are no movements to this spell, simply concentration. Like so,"
Angel explained. "Scutum," Angel recited with ease and at once, his wand shifted with a luminescent glow as it morphed into a thick, large wooden shield, with the iconic shape and visage of a shield from Spain.

Quote:
Name of the spell: Scutum
Pronunciation of the spell: SKEW-dum
Meaning behind the name: Scutum is Latin for shield.
Effects of the spell: When casted correctly, this spell will transmute your wand into a deft wooden shield impervious to most spells, even dark magic spells.
Wand movements: N/A
Is there a distance requirement?: Wand must be in hand
Are the effects lasting?: No, recite the spell and it reverses, or, when the caster exerts too much energy the wand will naturally take to its shape.
Did your Character create the spell?: No
Year needed to cast: Sixth
Is this for a class?: Alchemy
Anything else?: Spell is strongest under stressful situations

Juan Angel Amorocho

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:38 am
Professor of Alchemy
..............Ravenclaw

User Image
╔══════════════╗
╚══════════════╝

~Next Day~

Juan was casually lounging across the leather arm chair situated behind his desk, a wand carefully swayed in the air to tend to the foliage lined against the walls of the classroom. His alchemical book was left open to the page of today’s lesson with the page number sprawled across the chalk board while he waited to ensure if this class was, indeed, empty or not.

Juan Angel Amorocho

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:04 am
Professor of Alchemy
..............Ravenclaw

User Image
╔══════════════╗
╚══════════════╝

After a short break, Angel entered his classroom with a whimsical hop to his step and an apple in his hand. With the wave of his wand, the directions for the days lesson appeared on the blackboard located at the front of the classroom.

Quote:

Name of the spell: Frango Frigus
Pronunciation of the spell: Fran-GUU FRI-jus
Meaning behind the name: Frango is latin for shatter. Frigis is latin for cold, coldness.
Effects of the spell: Causes freezing water to explode and shatter into a million pieces, quickening it's meltdown rate,
Wand movements: With a steady, firm hand, begin by pointing at the target, and then flick the tip of the wand upward towards the skies, and then quickly revert the wand back to its prior position pointed at the target.
Is there a distance requirement?: Must be within sight of object of person
Are the effects lasting?: Yes,

Juan Angel Amorocho

   
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:02 am
Professor of Alchemy
..............Ravenclaw

User Image
╔══════════════╗
╚══════════════╝

Entering the classroom with long, swift strides, a callous and purposeful flick of his wand had led the description of a potion appear on his chalkboard while he waited for any students to gather at his class.

Quote:
Dream Catch Potion- This potion needs to only sit on the bed stand at night; it records and encourages the witch or wizards dreams, and only works if concocted by that same witch or wizard. Dreams are often difficult to understand, but the records act as a means to remind the drinker of what’s truly important. Each vialed potion can only record one week’s worth of dreams.

Juan Angel Amorocho

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 3:10 pm
Professor of Alchemy
..............Ravenclaw

User Image
╔══════════════╗
╚══════════════╝

Long, dutiful strides carried the Hispanic professor of alchemy to the front of his classroom with his wand in hand, a simple swish, and the familiar script of the professor suddenly scribbled a spell and its directions on the board. ”Welcome to Alchemy IV, I am Professor Angel, or just professor.” He repeated for the fifth time that day with a generous smile on his lips. ” this class we’re going to learn a rather complicated spell due to its lasting effects on the mind. The wand-work is quite complicated, but the pronunciation is moderate, just watch me, DOR-meed.” He recited, and emphasized the movements of his wand for the class to watch and learn. "Now, team up and practice, if you’re the odd one out, practice with me. Please, keep in mind, that the only way to release your hold without blacking out, would be too repeat the spell as though you’re doing it again,

"And, don't be scared to have fun with it, either."
He chuckled. ”Now, pair up, and if you’re the odd one out, you can practice on me.”

Quote:
Name of the spell: Dormir
Pronunciation of the spell: Dor-meed
Meaning behind the name: Dormio meaning: to sleep, slumber, siesta, nap.
Effects of the spell: A translucent wisp of smoke will gyrate the targeted wizard to lull him/her into a sudden state in between consciousness rendering the effected target in a dreaming state making the target susceptible to manipulation.
Wand movements: With wand at the ready, retract your elbow backwards (up into the air) with your wand high in the air yet still towards the targeted wizard, begin with slow sweeping loops, circling the wand in the air with a final thrust in the targets direction.
Is there a distance requirement?: Within sight, works best when the target is unsuspecting.
Are the effects lasting?: The target’s time spent half-sleeping is dependent upon the strength and determination of the caster, and does not always necessarily work against certain witches and wizards.

[[[Do not post until Thursday, 17, when the class begins. I will be out of town until Sunday, so I won’t be able to answer until then.]]]

Juan Angel Amorocho

   
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 5:33 pm
Professor of Alchemy
..............Ravenclaw

User Image
╔══════════════╗
╚══════════════╝

As the students proceeded to file inside of his classroom, Professor Angel’s back was turned to them as he hurriedly jotted down the spell for the day’s lesson. It was fairly easy and more than useful at times if the imagination was put to the test. Only once he was sure that every student had entered, he spun on his heel to address the class. ”Welcome back students, today you’ll be learning the Frango Frigus spell, very useful indeed.

“On my desk, you’ll find a bowl of water, when you’re ready, one by one, give it a go.”

Quote:
Name of the spell: Frango Frigus
Pronunciation of the spell: Fran-GUU FRI-jus
Meaning behind the name: Frango is latin for shatter. Frigis is latin for cold, coldness.
Effects of the spell: Variation of this spell depends upon the caster, whereas the spell can either freeze a body of water, freeze metal until it is weak, or a human until they are sick or frozen solid.
Wand movements: With a steady, firm hand, begin by pointing at the target, and then flick the tip of the wand upward towards the skies, and then quickly revert the wand back to its prior position pointed at the target.
Is there a distance requirement?: Must be within sight of object of person
Are the effects lasting?: Yes, until finite has been cast into effect or warmed by magical means

Juan Angel Amorocho

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
Sixth Year Classes

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items