Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Sixth Year Classes
Alchemy IV ~ (1/4) Open! (Dormir) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:40 pm
User Image
User Image

User Image Location: Alchemy - Wednesday @ 11:00am

Walking into alchemy it was mid-week for the Slytherin girl. She’d only had three classes so far and the rest were scheduled for that very afternoon and into Thursday. She knew she had managed to get a decent OWL mark in the class and wanted to continue that. Alchemy was like potions and she wasn’t afraid of the complexed subject. Taking a seat Mira took out her books, quill and parchment.

As class got underway Mira brought her attention to the front. Writing the spell down and the pronunciation, she went on to flip to the chapter indicated on the board. Then she wrote down the way of removing the spell off a person. When Professor Angel said he needed a volunteer, Mira glanced back down at her textbook and continued reading. There was no way she was volunteering. Then again she didn’t really trust anyone preforming the spell on her. Unless it was maybe Timothy.

User Image

With: Class...

Wearing: Slytherin Uniform

OOC: ---

Spice the Rat

Anger and resentment,
A dark path you tread,
I would be careful, young one,
But, I know where you belong...
Slytherin!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:40 am
User Image
ωєη∂у мα∂єℓιηє ςнαιѕту
<6th Year>

Wendy always loved Alchemy, if anything she enjoyed the class more than Potions. Alchemy demanded more of you she always felt and it was more of a challenge. She took a seat near Mira and listened as Professor Amorocho began his lecture on dormir. It was such an interesting spell, but when he asked for a volunteer, Wendy copied Mira and ducked her head. Interesting or not she was not eager to be made a fool of and that was precisely what the spell seemed likely to do. Let some Gryffindor be the brave and stupid one to do such.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Time: 2031-2032
Dressed: Slytherin Robes
------------------------------------------------------------------------

{OoC: }
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:02 pm
Professor of Alchemy
..........Ravenclaw Head of House
"The cycle of life only goes one direction,
not even alchemy can change that."

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
╔══════════════╗
Alchemy IV
Lesson One: Dormir Spell
Wedneday, Block Four, 11:00am to 11:45am

╚══════════════╝

”No one?” The professor almost chuckled, but it would have been rather unprofessional to do so; a mirthful smile will just have to do. While this wasn't the first time to happen, this would be the first year he'd implement their practice on barn owls instead of each other. It was safer, overall. And hopefully set the students at ease, especially considering the ordeal between Cherri, Gibbs, and League. ”Well that's quite alright, I've brought a back-up plan just in case. You'll be the first group of students to practice this spell on owls, and I expect you to treat each one with the same care and respect as you would treat your own pets. Now, once I've dropped off an owl at your desk, I want you to practice the spell on the owl with them still in their cages. Only once you believe your ready, you can open their cages and practice further. Be careful not to over exert the spell, I don't want an owl in midflight to fall unconscious and hit the floor.” He explained, stepping behind his desk to lift and transport the caged, sleeping owls' to each student's desk.

Juan Angel Amorocho
User Image User Image User Image

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:23 am
User Image
User Image

User Image Location: Alchemy - Wednesday @ 11:00am

Mira glanced up when Professor Angel questioned how no one wanted be of assistance. Like any student would do such a thing, except some insane Gryffindor. Luckily they were freed from have to be living experiments and were allowed to perform the spell on owls. Worked for Mira, an owl was better than her any day. When they were given the sleeping owls the Slytherin looked them over. “DOR-meed.” She pronounced carefully with the wand movement. Concentrating on the poor bird, Mira tried to get it to do a simple turn of its head and peck at the cage. Keep it simple. Luckily the spell worked and the owl did just as asked.

Smiling slightly, Mira repeated the spell to release the owl.
“Dormir.” She performed once again after opening the cage. Getting the owl to come out of the cage, she got it to flap its wings lightly. Then she tried getting the owl to take flight and do a circle around the room (avoiding any other owls that might be doing the same). Once that was done, she had the owl touch back down and go back into the cage. “Dormir.” She repeated releasing the spell from the owl and closing the cage back up.

User Image

With: Class...

Wearing: Slytherin Uniform

Spice the Rat

Anger and resentment,
A dark path you tread,
I would be careful, young one,
But, I know where you belong...
Slytherin!

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:38 pm
Professor of Alchemy

╔══════════════╗
Alchemy IV
Lesson Three: Frango Frigus

╚══════════════╝

After a short break, Angel entered his classroom with a whimsical hop to his step and an apple in his hand. With the wave of his wand, the directions for the days lesson appeared on the blackboard located at the front of the classroom. "Today, we will learn a charm that is especially useful in potioneering, and, in ancient times, had been used as a means to acquire fresh water which at times can be a scarce thing, but vital in every aspect. The spell, frango frigus, allows frozen water to shatter, but when it does, it doesn't act as an explosion. It's such a subtle change, you can barely even hear it, but it will cause frozen solid chunks of ice to break into a million, almost shaven pieces of ice, and it would rapidly increase the meltdown rate of the water without losing any through evaporation or giving away your location.” He nodded simply, then retracted his wand from his pocket and gave it a little wave. Cauldrons had been summoned to the students' desk's, two per student. "If you'll notice, I've summoned two cauldrons of ice to your desk. The first cauldron, I would like you to melt the ice with an incendio charm, the other, I would like you to practice the frango frigus spell, and compare the amount of water lost in both processes. Once you've copied your notes, you may begin."

[Turn to page 14 in your textbooks]

Juan Angel Amorocho

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:00 pm
Professor of Alchemy

╔══════════════╗
Alchemy IV

╚══════════════╝

Long, dutiful strides carried the Hispanic professor of alchemy to the front of his classroom with his wand in hand, a simple swish, and the familiar script of the professor suddenly scribbled a spell and its directions on the board. ”Welcome to Alchemy IV,.” He repeated for the fifth time that week with a generous smile on his lips. ” this class we’re going to learn a rather complicated spell due to its lasting effects on the mind. The wand-work is quite complicated, but the pronunciation is moderate, just watch me, DOR-meed.” He recited, and emphasized the movements of his wand for the class to watch and learn. "Now, on the chalkboard you'll find the page number in your textbooks. Please, keep in mind, that the only way to release your hold without blacking out, would be too repeat the spell as though you’re doing it again. And, don't be scared to have fun with it, either.

“Once you’ve completed your reading on the chapter, I’ll need a volunteer to perform a short demonstration before you pair off and begin practicing. Si?”
He nodded, motioned for the students to begin reading as he lounged against the front of his desk and waited and for a brave volunteer.

Quote:
Turn to Page Fourteen in your textbooks

Juan Angel Amorocho

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:51 pm
User Image

Taken By : Tori Macclallan

User Image User Image

Dakota walked into alchemy as he reminded himself that the rest of his week would be less hectic. As it turned out the first half of his week was jammed packed with classes, leaving the rest of the week with a lighter load. The Ravenclaw was grateful for that because he could really use a break. That and time to study.

Taking a seat in his usual spot, Dakota took his books out for class. As class got underway, it became apparent that they’d be learning a new spell. It apparently was a spell that worked on the mind. He wondered how it worked exactly. Taking notes as the class went along, Dakota made a special not about how not to black out while using it. He watched the wand movement carefully as to make sure he knew how to do it for himself.

Turning his textbook open to page fourteen, Dakota began reading about the spell. Taking notes as he went along. Once finished he practiced the wand work for a moment before raising his hand. “I’d be willing to volunteer, Professor.” He said despite knowing spells weren’t always his strong suit. Maybe he’d just be an assistant and not the one preforming anything.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Status: Grateful for a slow end to the week
                                        With: Professor Angel

Wearing: Ravenclaw Uniform

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

User Image

A rather curious lad aren't you?
                                        Not to mention quite inventive.
                                        You'll find your home in...
                                        Ravenclaw

Henry the Black Catx

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:22 pm
Professor of Alchemy

╔══════════════╗
Alchemy IV
Lesson Two: Frango Frigus

╚══════════════╝

After a short break, Angel entered his classroom with a whimsical hop to his step and an apple in his hand. With the wave of his wand, the directions for the days lesson appeared on the blackboard located at the front of the classroom. "Today, we will learn a charm that is especially useful in potioneering, and, in ancient times, had been used as a means to acquire fresh water which at times can be a scarce thing, but vital in every aspect. The spell, frango frigus, allows frozen water to shatter, but when it does, it doesn't act as an explosion. It's such a subtle change, you can barely even hear it, but it will cause frozen solid chunks of ice to break into a million, almost shaven pieces of ice, and it would rapidly increase the meltdown rate of the water without losing any through evaporation or giving away your location.” He nodded simply, then retracted his wand from his pocket and gave it a little wave. Cauldrons had been summoned to the students' desk's, two per student. "If you'll notice, I've summoned two cauldrons of ice to your desk. The first cauldron, I would like you to melt the ice with an incendio charm, the other, I would like you to practice the frango frigus spell, and compare the amount of water lost in both processes. Once you've copied your notes, you may begin."

The Board
turn to page 14 in your textbooks

Juan Angel Amorocho

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 9:27 am
Professor of Alchemy
..........Juan Angel Amorocho
..................Ravenclaw Head of House
"The cycle of life only goes one direction, ......................

User Image

╔══════════════╗
Alchemy IV

╚══════════════╝

Long, dutiful strides carried the Hispanic professor of alchemy to the front of his classroom with his wand in hand, a simple swish, and the familiar script of the professor suddenly scribbled a spell and its directions on the board. ”Welcome to Alchemy IV,.” He repeated for the fifth time that week with a generous smile on his lips. ” this class we’re going to learn a rather complicated spell due to its lasting effects on the mind. The wand-work is quite complicated, but the pronunciation is moderate, just watch me, DOR-meed.” He recited, and emphasized the movements of his wand for the class to watch and learn. "Now, on the chalkboard you'll find the page number in your textbooks. Please, keep in mind, that the only way to release your hold without blacking out, would be too repeat the spell as though you’re doing it again. And, don't be scared to have fun with it, either.

“Once you’ve completed your reading on the chapter, you may come to my desk and collect a caged owl to begin practicing. I expect you to treat each one with the same care and respect as you would treat your own pets. I want you to practice the spell on the owl with them still in their cages. Only once you believe your ready, you can open their cages and practice further. Be careful not to over exert the spell, I don't want an owl in midflight to fall unconscious and hit the floor.””
He nodded, motioned for the students to begin reading as he lounged against the front of his desk and kept a watchful eye on his students.

Turn to Page Fourteen in your textbooks

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 4:51 pm
User Image
                                                          And you don't seem the lying kind
                                                          A shame you seemed an honest man
                                                          And all the fears you hold so dear

User Image

════════════════════════

Sixth Yᴇᴀʀ |Ⅵ| Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ Prefect |Ⅵ| Hᴀʟғ-Bʟᴏᴏᴅ

════════════════════════

Selina adored Professor Amorocho, and loved his Alchemy class, and made certain she was there early. Of course, she'd already studied the materials for today ahead of time, but she still watched his wandwork intently, just as she copied down the notes with usual meticulousness. She also took seriously the caution with which they were undertake today's lesson. When she was ready she went up to his desk and collected an owl in a cage, which was rustling its feathers and making a soft squawking sound when she picked up the cage.

Pitching her voice low, she told the restive creature inside the cage, hoping to soothe it, "It's all right, I won't hurt you, I promise." It was cruelty, in her mind, asking them to try such spells on live creatures, though she knew in years past this was done on other students, so she guessed this was a better solution, though not by much.

"Dor-meed," she pronounced carefully, copying her teacher's somatic gestures with her wand as closely as possible. Concentrating on the poor creature, she tried to get it to turn its head and peck the bars of the cage three times. Nothing fancy here. Spell worked, the owl did as it was asked. She repeated the spell to release the owl.

Once she was certain she was ready, Selina cast the spell again, and then opened the cage. After getting the owl to step out of the cage, she got it to launch itself into the air, fly a circle around the room, before having it land on her desk and step back into the cage. After closing the cage, she performed the spell once more, glad to release the owl from her control.

"I'm sorry I had to make you do that. It isn't right," she told the owl, and she cast a Summoning Charm. A moment later some raw meat arrived from kitchens, and she passed it through the bars to the owl. "Here," she said, "it's the least I can do for you."

════════════════════════
                                                          OOC: Taken by Layton Bannister
                                                          User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Will turn to whisper in your ear
                                                          and you know I don't mean to hurt you
                                                          But you know that it means so much
                                                          And you don't even feel a thing

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 11:44 am
Professor of Alchemy

User Image
╔══════════════╗
Alchemy IV
Lesson Two: Frango Frigus

╚══════════════╝

turn to page 14 in your textbooks

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:38 am
Today's Class

Lesson One

Chapter Fourteen, Dormir Spell

Assignment for Next Class:

Read Chapter Fifteen Frango Frigus and write one foot essay on the practical uses for this spell both in and out of an alchemical setting.

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:39 am
Professor of Alchemy

User Image
╔══════════════╗
Alchemy IV

╚══════════════╝

Long, dutiful strides carried the Hispanic professor of alchemy to the front of his classroom with his wand in hand, a simple swish, and the familiar script of the professor suddenly scribbled a spell and its directions on the board. ”Welcome back to Alchemy,” he repeated for the fifth time that week with a generous smile on his lips. ”And congratulations on passing your OWL's. In preparation for your NEWT's, we’re going to begin with a rather complicated spell due to its lasting effects on the mind. The wand-work is quite complicated, but the pronunciation is moderate, just watch me, DOR-meed.” He recited, emphasized the movements of his wand for the class to watch and learn but never actually cast the spell. "Now, on the chalkboard you'll find the chapter in your textbooks. Read and review the material and do keep in mind that the only way to release your hold without blacking out, would be to repeat the spell as though you’re doing it again.

“Once you’ve completed your reading on the chapter, you may come to my desk and collect a caged owl to begin practicing. I expect you to treat each one with the same care and respect as you would treat your own pets. I want you to practice the spell on the owl with them still in their cages. Only once you believe your ready, you can open their cages and practice further. Be careful not to over exert the spell, I don't want an owl in mid-flight to fall unconscious and hit the floor.””
He motioned for the students to begin reading as he lounged against the front of his desk and kept a watchful eye on his students.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:24 am
Last Class: Points Earned
      Gryffindor:
      Hufflepuff:
      Ravenclaw:
      Slytherin:

Today's Class

Chapter Fifteen, Frango Frigus

Assignment for Next Class:
Read Chapter Twenty, Dream Catch Potion,

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:25 am
Professor of Alchemy

User Image
╔══════════════╗
Alchemy IV
Lesson Two: Frango Frigus Spell

╚══════════════╝

Sixth Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff