Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Sixth Year Classes
Alchemy IV ~ (1/4) Open! (Dormir) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:06 pm
Today's Class

Chapter Fourteen, Dormir Spell

Assignment for Next Class:

Read Chapter Fifteen Frango Frigus and write one foot essay on the practical uses for this spell both in and out of an alchemical setting.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:07 pm
Professor of Alchemy
..........Juan Angel Amorocho
..................Ravenclaw Head of House
"The cycle of life only goes one direction, ......................
not even alchemy can change that."

User Image
╔══════════════╗
Alchemy IV
Lesson One: Dormir Spell
Wedneday, Block Four, 11:00am to 11:45am

╚══════════════╝

Long, dutiful strides carried the Hispanic professor of alchemy to the front of his classroom with his wand in hand, a simple swish, and the familiar script of the professor suddenly scribbled a spell and its directions on the board. ”Welcome back to Alchemy,” he repeated for the fifth time that week with a generous smile on his lips. ”And congratulations on passing your OWL's. In preparation for your NEWT's, we’re going to begin with a rather complicated spell due to its lasting effects on the mind. The wand-work is quite complicated, but the pronunciation is moderate, just watch me, DOR-meed.” He recited, emphasized the movements of his wand for the class to watch and learn but never actually cast the spell. "Now, on the chalkboard you'll find the chapter in your textbooks. Read and review the material and do keep in mind that the only way to release your hold without blacking out, would be to repeat the spell as though you’re doing it again.

“Once you’ve completed your reading on the chapter, you may come to my desk and collect a caged owl to begin practicing. I expect you to treat each one with the same care and respect as you would treat your own pets. I want you to practice the spell on the owl with them still in their cages. Only once you believe your ready, you can open their cages and practice further. Be careful not to over exert the spell, I don't want an owl in mid-flight to fall unconscious and hit the floor.””
He motioned for the students to begin reading as he lounged against the front of his desk and kept a watchful eye on his students.  

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:19 am
Last Class: Points Earned
      Gryffindor:
      Hufflepuff:
      Ravenclaw:
      Slytherin:

Today's Class

Chapter Fifteen, Frango Frigus

Read Chapter Twenty, Dream Catch Potion,

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:20 am
Professor of Alchemy

User Image
╔══════════════╗
Alchemy IV
Lesson Two: Frango Frigus Spell

╚══════════════╝

After a short break, Angel entered his classroom with a whimsical hop to his step and an apple in his hand. With the wave of his wand, the directions for the days lesson appeared on the blackboard located at the front of the classroom. "Today, we will learn a charm that is especially useful in potioneering, and, in ancient times, had been used as a means to acquire fresh water which at times can be a scarce thing, but vital in every aspect. The spell, frango frigus, allows frozen water to shatter, but when it does, it doesn't act as an explosion. It's such a subtle change, you can barely even hear it, but it will cause frozen solid chunks of ice to break into a million, almost shaven pieces of ice, and it would rapidly increase the meltdown rate of the water without losing any through evaporation or giving away your location.” He nodded simply, then retracted his wand from his pocket and gave it a little wave. Cauldrons had been summoned to the students' desk's, two per student. "If you'll notice, I've summoned two cauldrons of ice to your desk. The first cauldron, I would like you to melt the ice with an incendio charm, the other, I would like you to practice the frango frigus spell, and compare the amount of water lost in both processes. Once you've copied your notes, you may begin."  

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:57 pm
      Gryffindor:
      Hufflepuff:
      Ravenclaw:
      Slytherin:

Today's Class

Chapter Twenty, Dream Catch Potion,

Review Chapter Eight, Quintesssence

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:59 pm
User Image
Professor of Alchemy

╔══════════════╗
Alchemy IV
Lesson Three: Dream Catch Potion

╚══════════════╝

Strolling in, the professor glided his wand towards the board causing the day’s lesson to appear. Now he sat and waited to see if any students would arrive. Once the students' had found their respective seats and finished preparations, he cleared his throat to speak. "Today we will be brewing the Dream Catch potion. With this potion, witches and wizards are able to record their visions, very much like a pensieve can hold memories. Dreams are difficult to understand, but many wizards believe that the answers to their questions in life can be deciphered from their dreams. Now, when you're ready, you may begin brewing."

Quote:
Dream Catch Potion- This potion needs to only sit on the bed stand at night; it records and encourages the witch or wizards dreams, and only works if concocted by that same witch or wizard. Dreams are often difficult to understand, but the records act as a means to remind the drinker of what’s truly important. Each vialed potion can only record one week’s worth of dreams.

1 tsp of Armadillo bile
3 cups of Powdered root of Asphodel
half a dozen Ashwinder eggs
2 handfuls of Belladonna flowers
1 Crocodile heart
5 ½ crushed Ginger roots
13 liters Syrup of Hellebore
3 dozen Jobberknoll feathers
4 grams of powdered Moonstone
2 Runespoor eggs
¼ cup of Scarab beetles
5 Sliced Caterpillar
8 cups of Shredded Daisy roots

1. Add seven liters of syrup of hellebore to the cauldron and leave to boil.
2. In a separate mortar, crush belladona flowers, crushed ginger roots, and powdered moonstone until contents are powdered together as one.
3. Add one teaspoon of armadillo bile to the crushed mortar mixture and stir, then, combine mixture to the cauldron stirring clockwise and the mixture will shift into a dark crimson color.
4. Add three cups of powdered root of asphodel, stir counterclockwise for five minutes, and then clockwise for two minutes.
5. Add half a dozen eggs of ashwinder, if the concoction is correct, the eggs should sink to the bottom.
6. Toss in one crocodile heart, but be wary, the potion will begin to bubble and froth, allow it to do so until it almost seems to bubble over and then toss in the three dozen jobberknoll feathers, and the mixture should begin steaming as it cools and the froth lessens and disappears leaving a murky maroon color behind.
7. Allow the mixture to sit for approximately ten minutes, or until the mixture has cooled and stops steaming.
8. Then, add the sliced caterpillars and the shredded daisy roots, turning counterclockwise only.
9. Drop in a quarter cup of scarab beetles, and two runespoor eggs; the mixture should begin fading to a red color.
10. Combine the remaining six liters of syrup of hellebore and the potion will turn into a translucent shade of brown is concocted correctly.

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:36 am
Today's Class

Read Chapter Fifteen Frango Frigus and write one foot essay on the practical uses for this spell both in and out of an alchemical setting.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:38 am
Professor of Alchemy

User Image
╔══════════════╗
Alchemy IV

╚══════════════╝

Long, dutiful strides carried the Hispanic professor of alchemy to the front of his classroom with his wand in hand, a simple swish, and the familiar script of the professor suddenly scribbled a spell and its directions on the board. ”Welcome back to Alchemy,” he repeated for the fifth time that week with a generous smile on his lips. ”And congratulations on passing your OWL's. In preparation for your NEWT's, we’re going to begin with a rather complicated spell due to its lasting effects on the mind. The wand-work is quite complicated, but the pronunciation is moderate, just watch me, DOR-meed.” He recited, emphasized the movements of his wand for the class to watch and learn but never actually cast the spell. "Now, on the chalkboard you'll find the chapter in your textbooks. Read and review the material and do keep in mind that the only way to release your hold without blacking out, would be to repeat the spell as though you’re doing it again.

“Once you’ve completed your reading on the chapter, you may come to my desk and collect a caged owl to begin practicing. I expect you to treat each one with the same care and respect as you would treat your own pets. I want you to practice the spell on the owl with them still in their cages. Only once you believe your ready, you can open their cages and practice further. Be careful not to over exert the spell, I don't want an owl in mid-flight to fall unconscious and hit the floor.””
He motioned for the students to begin reading as he lounged against the front of his desk and kept a watchful eye on his students.  

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:48 am
      Gryffindor: --
      Hufflepuff: --
      Ravenclaw: --
      Slytherin: --

Today's Class

Chapter Fifteen, Frango Frigus

Read Chapter Twenty, Dream Catch Potion,

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:50 am
User Image
Professor of Alchemy

╔══════════════╗
Alchemy IV
Lesson Two: Frango Frigus Spell

╚══════════════╝

After a short break, Angel entered his classroom with a whimsical hop to his step and an apple in his hand. With the wave of his wand, the directions for the days lesson appeared on the blackboard located at the front of the classroom. "Today, we will learn a charm that is especially useful in potioneering, and, in ancient times, had been used as a means to acquire fresh water which at times can be a scarce thing, but vital in every aspect. The spell, frango frigus, allows frozen water to shatter, but when it does, it doesn't act as an explosion. It's such a subtle change, you can barely even hear it, but it will cause frozen solid chunks of ice to break into a million, almost shaven pieces of ice, and it would rapidly increase the meltdown rate of the water without losing any through evaporation or giving away your location.” He nodded simply, then retracted his wand from his pocket and gave it a little wave. Cauldrons had been summoned to the students' desk's, two per student. "If you'll notice, I've summoned two cauldrons of ice to your desk. The first cauldron, I would like you to melt the ice with an incendio charm, the other, I would like you to practice the frango frigus spell, and compare the amount of water lost in both processes. Once you've copied your notes, you may begin."  

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:33 pm
I wonder why I get paranoid when I’m high
I wonder why I say yes to everyone in my life
I wonder why I can’t run that fast in my dreams
I wonder why I feel short when I know my money’s tall
I wonder why I miss everyone and I still don’t call
User Image
User Image

αɢє 16 | βιρσℓαя | sℓчтнєяιи sιxтн чєαя ρяєғєcт

☆º°”˜`”°º☆ ★º°”˜`”°º★

ﻬஐCaty came rushing into the room having had to go all the way back to her dorm because she had forgotten to take her medicine. It was honestly startling how much more level-headed she felt since starting on the regime. At first she had felt odd, more like a deflated balloon and had been considering to stop taking it altogether and find another alternative but then she'd encountered her first trigger and instead of free-falling into an excited or depressive state she just...was. It was weird but it was also amazing. And also terrifying since now she knew how extreme she had been the past few years. She could still feel the tingles in the back of her mind, the extra bubbly feeling of her highs and the sinking sludge-like feeling of her lows but they weren't at the forefront so, progress? She didn't want to feel like that going to any of her classes, but it was especially so for Alchemy. Thankfully though class hadn't yet started by the time she slipped in and took her seat. Caty immediately took out her notebook to write down the notes while listening to Professor Amorocho's lesson. It seemed simple enough, study how much water was lost and turn in her observation. She looked over the first cauldron of ice and simply stated, "Incendio," and watched the ice quickly melt from the low flame. The teen noticed that the amount of water wasn't exactly equal with the amount of ice and saw that the water line was a few inches beneath that of the ice. She wrote this all down and then turned to her second cauldron and pointed her wand at the ice and said, "Frango frigus!" The change was weirdly beautiful; the ice became almost translucent before it started melting quickly into a much larger amount of water than the previous cauldron. It nearly equalled the amount of ice. She wondered if this spell could work with other frozen stuff that needed melting. Ooo, what if there was an alternate to this spell for metal?! It would certainly make her smelting and welding allot easier.ஐﻬ

Quote:

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

So maybe I don’t know, maybe I don’t know
Maybe I don’t know, maybe I don’t know
But maybe that’s okay
Maybe that’s okay, maybe that’s okay

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 7:46 am
Today's Class

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 7:46 am
Professor of Alchemy

User Image
╔══════════════╗
Alchemy IV

╚══════════════╝

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 3:03 pm
User Image
Fianna Grey
Gryffindor Sixth Year Sixteen Years OldSingle

Fianna surprised herself putting up an 'O' in her Alchemy OWL, and thus guaranteeing herself a place in Professor Amarocho's NEWT-level class, and it meant she'd set the bar pretty high for herself to do well from here on out. Alchemy was like an Advanced Charms-Potions-Transfiguration class all rolled into one, and while it wasn't required of her for being an Auror, it was a challenge, and Fianna wanted to be equal to it. Even so, having studied ahead for this class, she still wasn't sure she was ready for this challenge.

It was cruelty using these poor owls as test subjects for this lesson, but since they used to use other students in years past this was a more optimal solution, though only barely so. When Fianna collected a cage, the owl inside started making noise and rattled its cage noisily. "Hey, it's going to be okay, I promise," she told the restive creature in a soothing tone, as she would when she speaking to her cat. "Please trust me." When she set the cage on her desk, Fianna practiced the wand movement a few times, before trying the spell on the owl.

"Dor-meed," she spoke aloud in a clear tone, tracing the wand movement, mimicking the professor's as closely as possible. She had the owl turn its head left, and then right, before having it tap out the old 'V for Victory' Morse Code with its beak just to prove she was the one causing it. Nothing crazy there, and she recast the spell to release the owl for her control. She worked on her wand movements a few more times before feeling brave enough to repeat the experiment, and opened the cage.

Fianna had the owl launch into the air, fly a complete circle of the room, and then return to her. After having it step back into the cage, Fianna locked the cage and released the owl once more. "I'm sorry I made you do that," she told the creature, feeling sick with guilt. The red-haired Gryffindor quietly cast a Summoning Charm, and some fresh hamburger showed up from the kitchens. As she passed the meat between the bars of the cage, she said, "Just don't be mad at me, okay?"

OOC:
Username

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
                  Turn your magic on, to me she'd say
                  "Everything you wants a dream away
                  We are legends, every day"
                  That's what she told me

Turn your magic on, to me she'd say
                  "Everything you wants a dream away
                  Under this pressure, under this weight
                  We are diamonds"

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 10:17 pm
User Image
                                                  I can't sleep tonight. Wide awake and so confused. Everything's in line, but I am bruised.
                                                  I need a voice to echo. I need a light to take me home. I kinda need a hero, is it you?

ℳ𝓸𝓷𝓲𝓴𝓪 𝓣𝓪𝔂𝓵𝓸𝓻 𝓔𝓿𝓪𝓷𝓼
                                                  Sixth Year / Ravenclaw / Muggleborn

I never see the forest for the trees. I could really use your melody.
                                                  Baby I'm a little blind. I think it's time for you to find me.

╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌

Monika entered the Alchemy classroom, her first class of the day. She took a seat in the front row, ready to learn. Alchemy was one of the classes that she enjoyed, but wasn't sure if she was going to take into her adult life. Since she enjoyed it though, she stayed with it, and she would go on to take the NEWT for this class. Today, they were learning a new spell. Monika opened her textbook, reading the chapter outlining the Dormir spell and taking notes on a piece of parchment, writing down the key points including wand movement and general signs that the spell had worked. After she was done, she stood from her desk and fetched a caged owl. Setting the cage on her desk, she took out her wand to practice the spell. Monika held her wand at the ready, performing the motion and reciting the incantation. She looked the owl over. It wasn't asleep, but it definitely wasn't all there upstairs. Hm, what should she have it do? Monika flicked her eyes to the right, the owl's right wing rising. Then to the left, the left wing matching the right. Then, the owl did a little dance, Monika struggling to contain her laughter. When she was finished demonstrating the spell, she allowed the owl back into full control and returned it to her professor's desk.

╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌

Can you be my nightingale? Sing to me, I know you're there.
                                                  You could be my sanity, but bring me peace. Sing me to sleep.
                                                  Say you'll be my nightingale.

x x x x

OOC: . . .

Sixth Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out