Reply Pets & Animals Main Forum
Thunder Shirts/Anxiety Wraps

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Animelover955

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:47 am
Ok so most if not all yall know about Abby's extreme fear issues. Well we had another storm today and she was worse than usually actually trying to hide in closets and her shaking was worse than normal. I also had quite the scare with it to. My sister started freaking out and screaming at me to hurry and my mind immediately jumped to Abby and I thought the worst. So I literally dropped what I was doing and ran to my room. And of course it was nothing but a leaky ceiling....

Anyway I feel like since the move her anxiety is just getting worse. I've been told to try plug-ins and anxiety wraps etc, but I haven't really looked much into them. So was wondering if anyone had any experience or knows anyone who uses them?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:28 pm
I myself dont have personal experience with the thunder shirt, however, at first I was like yea, not gonna work, so I started reading on it, and I have read a LOT of good things about it, and even one of the groups on FB I am in, the dog has one, I hear they are awesome.  

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100

SmoothSavage

Eloquent Gawker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:52 am
I also haven't personally used one, but we sell the Thundershirts at work and get really amazing feedback on them. They do seem to really make a difference.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:00 am
I'm sort of skeptical about them, but it just may be worth a shot to try one on Kirby for the next 4th of July. <__<  

Krissim Klaw
Crew

Shearaha

Aged Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:00 pm
I know the behavior vet here hands them out for their anxiety dogs "like candy" She claims they work wonders. I've seen them work on dogs with high anxiety levels. They don't stop the anxiety, but they do lower it. Helps them get to a place where they can function and start to work though the anxiety.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:47 pm
I was planning on buying one this past weekend, but the petstore that had them apparently only carried them for that one day stare

And I had a coupon too.... But anyway now I'm trying to see if I can find it anywhere else because it's like 36 bucks online and unless I can find it cheaper on like say amazon might be awhile before I can get her one.

With Abby she's just always been a mess during storms. She had seemingly been getting better, but after the move she's progressively getting worse. I also thought it could help keep her calm in her crate during agility class, but doesn't look like that'll happen if I can't get my hands on one anytime soon.

The size I get for her should also fit mister Bo so it'll duel as a thing for Abby's storm issues and hopefully help with Bo and his fear/anxiety issues when we're out and about  

Animelover955

Shearaha

Aged Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:03 am
I'm pretty sure that $36 is the set price. The company that makes them are the ones who set the price. They don't want anyone selling them for way to much and price gouging people.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:34 am
you can find it cheaper if you look in the right place. The pet store that carried it for the day(was because it was national pet day or something) had it at around 25 bucks and Amazon has used ones at different prices  

Animelover955

Shearaha

Aged Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:41 am
I didn't think about a used one gonk

You're right that a used one will be cheaper. Just be very particular about the condition.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:27 am
Always am wink

Also Karen Pryor has them on her site and right now their going for 28 bucks. I'm planning on asking my dad about ordering one  

Animelover955

Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff