Welcome to Gaia! ::

The LGBT Guild

Back to Guilds

This is a guild for all sexual orientation equality supporters to chat and feel welcomed. 

Tags: Homosexual, Bisexual, Transgender, Genderqueer 

Reply General Discussion
Have you ever fallen for a straight person? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you?
  Always
  Yes
  No
View Results

CheizLord

6,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:51 pm
I have and just wanted to hear if any of you have or have any stories to share?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:16 pm
well mine basicly is short and sweet i liked this girl and i knew she liked me she never knew i was bi but she still doesnt know i decide im going to ask her out knowing she liked me the way i felt for her and obstacles stoped us but though we cant date it never will stop me from loving her  

zackwolfz

1,900 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Statustician 100
  • Informer 100

Banghart

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:31 am
I've never liked someone that isn't straight -__- This first girl I liked pretty much just liked playing around, but I liked her a lot. One of my friends dared us to kiss, we did. . .it was my first kiss. . .Really crappy first kiss, she didn't even like me as a friend. Then I currently like one of my best friends, but she's straight, so yeah that sucks.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:59 am
Actually I don't really know, because I've never gone and asked someone about their sexuality just like that. The people I've liked so far usually were just screwing around though and straight. People generally don't know I'm a transgender though, they comment on me being very manly but I haven't actually told any, same with people I happen to like.

Right now I'm head-over-heels in love with a girl I met during my trip to the States. We were both cosplaying male Hetalia characters, and two halves of a popular couple too, so we connected a lot. I did by chance find out she's bisexual, but she doesn't know I'm a transgender and don't just 'dress and act male' or something. So... liking a girl would be straight for me, but in the eyes of straight girls it usually isn't. And when I like someone who isn't straight, they might assume I'm just into the same sex then. It's complicated, to say the least.  

xAlfredxThexHerox

ClosedAccountIsClose2012

7,200 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:21 pm
I used to really like this girl and thought that she liked me too, but it turned out that she didn't. She had just started going to my school and we became friends and maybe seven or eightish months after we met, I told her that I liked her at which point she told me she "didn't like girls" (which hurt even more since I don't ID as female and she was the first person I ever told about it, so she knew better than to call me a girl >_<) and was sorry, but she didn't feel the same way. We tried to stay friends, but it all just got really strained and then I started hanging out with other people more than her and she got really mad about it and decided that, instead of talking to me about it, the best thing for her to do would be to out me. Anyway, that friendship pretty much ended right there and I've talked to her maybe once or twice in passing since.

Currently, there's this one girl--a close friend of mine- that I've been toe-over-the-borderline in-love with for over a year now and I have no clue if she's straight or gay or bi or pan or ace or (you get the picture?)...I do know that she was in a relationship with a guy for a long time, but past relationships aren't exactly a foolproof indicator of orientation. I don't know if she's straight and I don't have the courage to ask her if she is, because it just seems...invasive, I guess? for me to ask and I don't want to tell her that I like her, because experience says that doesn't end well (plus, if she is straight then that could ruin a friendship that I don't want to lose).

tl;dr - I really wish queerdar was a real thing sometimes. It would save a whole lot of bad feelings. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:16 pm
Most embarrassing and painful 3 months of my life.
Because when she smiled, my mind blanked out and people figured out that I liked her...and it was awkward.  

Missy Murderess

Eloquent Elocutionist

8,050 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Missy Murderess

Eloquent Elocutionist

8,050 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:17 pm
TheRaptorWhoMurderedLove
I used to really like this girl and thought that she liked me too, but it turned out that she didn't. She had just started going to my school and we became friends and maybe seven or eightish months after we met, I told her that I liked her at which point she told me she "didn't like girls" (which hurt even more since I don't ID as female and she was the first person I ever told about it, so she knew better than to call me a girl >_<) and was sorry, but she didn't feel the same way. We tried to stay friends, but it all just got really strained and then I started hanging out with other people more than her and she got really mad about it and decided that, instead of talking to me about it, the best thing for her to do would be to out me. Anyway, that friendship pretty much ended right there and I've talked to her maybe once or twice in passing since.

Currently, there's this one girl--a close friend of mine- that I've been toe-over-the-borderline in-love with for over a year now and I have no clue if she's straight or gay or bi or pan or ace or (you get the picture?)...I do know that she was in a relationship with a guy for a long time, but past relationships aren't exactly a foolproof indicator of orientation. I don't know if she's straight and I don't have the courage to ask her if she is, because it just seems...invasive, I guess? for me to ask and I don't want to tell her that I like her, because experience says that doesn't end well (plus, if she is straight then that could ruin a friendship that I don't want to lose).

tl;dr - I really wish queerdar was a real thing sometimes. It would save a whole lot of bad feelings. sweatdrop

*hug* And I know right? I seriously could use the gaydar. Maybe actually get a GF that way.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:41 pm
Do people even have a gaydar? There's no way you can really tell unless I suppose you subconsciously notice their body language is different a lot more than other people can.. I don't get how the whole gaydar thing works.

As for falling for someone who is straight.. I've had crushes but I've never let myself get into any serious feeling yet.
I think I'll probably end up falling for someone mysterious, or who plays hard to get.  

Excalibur Foxe

The Laziest Czar

6,100 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:27 pm
I have a friend I like, alot..
We hang out, spend the night at each other's place every now and then.
The only thing is, he likes to tease knowing I like him. e.e
It's kinda err... Annoying.
Although, I think I can deal with it.
Still stucks. :/  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:39 pm
Yep. My husband is straight. Have many bi or bi curious friends and the other day met a really cool m2f transgender chick.  

AquaRose33

AznTubbeh

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:15 pm
The first time I properly fell hard for someone was 2 years ago lol she's straight and even told me she had a massive crush on my brother, at that moment i think i literally felt my heart break xD it look me a year to get over her, but im over her and now we're friends biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:58 pm
Ah, the Straight Boy trap. It's tempting. You might want to pick at their insecurities to see if they want to "experiment" or if they say they're some bi-pseudo-curious bullshit but then you have consider if it's worth it.  

Ca plane pour moi

finfageek

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:19 pm
Story of my life.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:18 am
I either just have bad luck or something else but for some reason, many of the girls I have crushes on/like are straight, luckily I've learned to keep my mouth shut or if I tell them they are still my friend and are ok with who I am as a person...

AKeikoB

Friendly Kitten

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200

iMidnightYoshida

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:57 pm
Yeah! >.<

General Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items