Reply Pets & Animals Main Forum
Possibly getting a 3rd dog next year

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DeeSpark

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:58 pm
Ok, so I was trying to convince my parents to adopt this dog, that I thought was going to be PTS soon. Now he has a foster family, and well I thought it'd be better to wait. Sparky's still reactive to dogs, and we've had a setback in his training after dumb a** owners around her forgot to keep THEIR reactive dogs on their property. And he also has a resource guarding issue on my bed we need to work with.

So next year, when my dogs will likely have no problems, and I'll likely be earning enough money to afford food and vet bills for a dog, we'll probably get another dog.

My mum and I made a deal, that next year (on august 11th 2012 to be exact) if I didn't ask about any animals at all, I could get a dog (Most likely, unless something were to happen and we couldn't).

So I'll be looking to adopt a Staffy. They're my absolute favorite breed, and I've been wanting one for ages. That's not to say I might not adopt another breed, but I will most likely be getting a Staffy (or a staffy mix).

Very happy, and I guess it's good to have plenty of time to plan for another dog  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:14 am
I should be getting my 3rd dog(well my 2nd the 3rd dog in the family) next year to. Cept it'll be an aussie baby from a breeder, but it all depends on Bo. I do not want to add to the problem (which is why I decided against a puppy this fall) so until Bo is completely back on track no puppy, but I'm hoping.

I finally heard back from the training facility and all I need to do a set up a evaluation date and then go from there, but if I have access to some well behaved dogs I may just try it out on my own and work using Karen Pryor's guidelines in her book click to calm  

Animelover955

DeeSpark

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:19 pm
I'm wanting a puppy, now that I think about it. Though since there's not a dog I specifically want (a staffy isn't something that's set in stone, one day I'll own one but maybe not anytime soon), I will still adopt.

Just because I'll likely end up with a dog bigger then my two, and I want to raise it up with them.
And I do want a bigger, more energetic dog, that I can train from the start to do agility, do disc, one that can go for jogs with me etc.  
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games