Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply § 20,000 Poll Guild (Hope you are all doing well! -VC A)
I need a bit of help? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should I stay or go?
  Go
  Stay
  Gold:)
View Results

i love sunflowers

5,200 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:43 pm
I've got a big decision to make soon. It's pretty big, so I'm looking for real advice, and some help maybe. I haven't done this before (posting personal stuff) I sorta just read stuff and might comment once or twice, but today I need a bit of help.
sweatdrop
I got accepted into a for year college (yay me!) but my parents don't want me to go. They've denied helping me pay for it, and have decided that it's a really bad mistake. They believe I'm going for the wrong reasons. At first I was going for my boyfriend. But now it has grown into, going for me. I need to get out of this house, and away from the constant nagging, and bad motivation. I'm ready to go, I'm 18 and legally they can't do a thing to me. But my issue really comes down to this. Should I put my relationship with them at risk? By going I automatically lose their respect. But by going I get my Independence, and I can start my life. They know me best, but I don't think they know what I want and need. And what I need is for them to see that I am responsible. I don't drink, smoke, or party. I'm a book worm, I love doing work, and just because I'm going to a "big party school" doesn't mean that that is what I'm going to do. I have caring friends that are going too. I mean they are my boyfriends friends, but they've sort of adopted me into their "group". I'll be okay, but I don't know what to do.

My gut (which I normally follow) is telling me two different things. I have this big feeling to go, that it's right, but at the same time I have this dreadful feeling that I'm going to lose my parents.

So my question is Should I stay or should I go?

Thanks.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:26 am
Wars come and go,

You really don't want my answer to your question. I support higher learning 100%, but you don't want my answer to your question.

but my soldiers stay eternal.

LA Trunks

7,350 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Wall Street 200

Aralik
Captain

Agile Rogue

7,900 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:13 am
Go.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:26 am
Sergeant JJ
Wars come and go,

You really don't want my answer to your question. I support higher learning 100%, but you don't want my answer to your question.

but my soldiers stay eternal.

I really do want to hear your opinion, anything will be nice.  

i love sunflowers

5,200 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Gaian 50

victorgee89

7,250 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:34 am
i love sunflowers
I've got a big decision to make soon. It's pretty big, so I'm looking for real advice, and some help maybe. I haven't done this before (posting personal stuff) I sorta just read stuff and might comment once or twice, but today I need a bit of help.
sweatdrop
I got accepted into a for year college (yay me!) but my parents don't want me to go. They've denied helping me pay for it, and have decided that it's a really bad mistake. They believe I'm going for the wrong reasons. At first I was going for my boyfriend. But now it has grown into, going for me. I need to get out of this house, and away from the constant nagging, and bad motivation. I'm ready to go, I'm 18 and legally they can't do a thing to me. But my issue really comes down to this. Should I put my relationship with them at risk? By going I automatically lose their respect. But by going I get my Independence, and I can start my life. They know me best, but I don't think they know what I want and need. And what I need is for them to see that I am responsible. I don't drink, smoke, or party. I'm a book worm, I love doing work, and just because I'm going to a "big party school" doesn't mean that that is what I'm going to do. I have caring friends that are going too. I mean they are my boyfriends friends, but they've sort of adopted me into their "group". I'll be okay, but I don't know what to do.

My gut (which I normally follow) is telling me two different things. I have this big feeling to go, that it's right, but at the same time I have this dreadful feeling that I'm going to lose my parents.

Thanks.

College is the time of your life; +_+ probably the best time...
I'd say, Rebel against, ride the fence; Stick with your own defece.
Continue on getting more & more knowledge; It'll help down the road.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:57 am
victorgee89
i love sunflowers
sweatdrop

Thanks.

Yeah, but I'm terrified about losing my parents, they're important to me, and it would damage our relationship if I go. Our relationship is far from perfect, but I want to keep what's left of it ya know?  

i love sunflowers

5,200 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Gaian 50

victorgee89

7,250 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:03 am
i love sunflowers
victorgee89
i love sunflowers
sweatdrop

Thanks.

Yeah, but I'm terrified about losing my parents, they're important to me, and it would damage our relationship if I go. Our relationship is far from perfect, but I want to keep what's left of it ya know?

You can always take classes on the internet...  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:05 am
victorgee89
i love sunflowers
victorgee89
i love sunflowers
sweatdrop

Thanks.

I could but.... I don't want to stay where I'm at. If I go to a four year college, I really want to go to THE actual place... They don't like it cause it's known as a big party school  

i love sunflowers

5,200 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Gaian 50

victorgee89

7,250 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:08 am
i love sunflowers
victorgee89
i love sunflowers
victorgee89
i love sunflowers
sweatdrop

Thanks.

I could but.... I don't want to stay where I'm at. If I go to a four year college, I really want to go to THE actual place... They don't like it cause it's known as a big party school

Just talk it out with them about every school having the party fase;
N0 matter where you go, there's gonna be party's sometime eventually.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:11 am
victorgee89
i love sunflowers
victorgee89
i love sunflowers
victorgee89
i love sunflowers
sweatdrop

Thanks.

Yeah, I'm going to have to, School starts in two weeks, and I still have to pack up and get situated and stuff... I have a big list of things to do.
I went to boarding school in high school, and I was around partying constantly, and had a lot of opportunities to go, but I never did, so they should trust me regardless, I think. I've been around it, and I've got no interest in it.  

i love sunflowers

5,200 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Gaian 50

victorgee89

7,250 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:16 am
i love sunflowers
victorgee89
i love sunflowers
victorgee89
i love sunflowers

Yeah, I'm going to have to, School starts in two weeks, and I still have to pack up and get situated and stuff... I have a big list of things to do.
I went to boarding school in high school, and I was around partying constantly, and had a lot of opportunities to go, but I never did, so they should trust me regardless, I think. I've been around it, and I've got no interest in it.

Well see you got an advantage over me,
cause I'm a musician, always lookin for tips;
Playin gigs at party's people get drunk, high, & everything else & start throwing down cash tips for the band( to the girl, guys & I )  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:20 am
victorgee89
i love sunflowers
victorgee89
i love sunflowers
victorgee89
i love sunflowers

Playin gigs at party's people get drunk, high, & everything else & start throwing down cash tips for the band( to the girl, guys & I )

That's pretty cool, the tip thing is. I would assume that everything depends on those tips, unless you work outside of that?  

i love sunflowers

5,200 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Gaian 50

victorgee89

7,250 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:30 am
i love sunflowers
victorgee89
i love sunflowers
victorgee89
i love sunflowers

That's pretty cool, the tip thing is. I would assume that everything depends on those tips, unless you work outside of that?

It's my life, what makes me feel my own thrife;
Though Thriving, just makes me remember the car that was driving;
Bfore the crash, after my bands big party Bash.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:42 am
victorgee89
i love sunflowers
victorgee89
i love sunflowers
victorgee89
i love sunflowers

Cool..
I'm sorry, that really sucks  

i love sunflowers

5,200 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Gaian 50

victorgee89

7,250 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:46 am
i love sunflowers
victorgee89
i love sunflowers
victorgee89
i love sunflowers

Cool..
I'm sorry, that really sucks

Why whatever don't kill us makes us stronger right,
you just always gotta be prepared for the fight;
Though it did take away part of my sight.
It just gave me ideas of what I might
Do  
§ 20,000 Poll Guild (Hope you are all doing well! -VC A)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games