Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
Hi. My name is Pain, and I'm apparently 15 years old. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:38 pm
According to the world's general population, I'm 15 or younger.

Apparently, I look young.

I'm 20. I'm a junior in college. I am not too young to drive a car. I am not in high school. Yes, I CAN sign my own wavier form.

A man and women just knocked my apartment door (Yes, new apartment <3), I answer it in my PJs, and they start blabing about some windshield safety inspection and how I could get my windshield changes for free. The guy gives me this look and asks if the car outside is even mine. Why yes. Then he goes, "Are you old enough to even DRIVE?"

It doesn't help that the hairdresser asking me on Wednesday what grade I was going into. Or the lady at the shelter had to ask if I was over 15 to sign the volunteer form. Or the volunteer at Habitat for Humanities that wouldn't believe my roommate and I when we said we were in college and no, we weren't doing this for a Bright Futures (college scholarship in FL for FL schools you can get in high school) requirement.

Everyone tells me that I'll be grateful when I'm older, but it's still really ******** annoying. I'm probably going to be carded for the rest of my life. DX  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:05 pm
Heh, you think you got it rough. My husband's almost 30 and when he was demoing food at the store or serving customer's meat, all the adult customers would walk all over him telling him his food information is wrong and how he has no idea about food blahblahblah (My husband's studying to be a chef btw, if there's any subject I can trust him in, it's food).

Funny thing is... he starts sporting a 5 o clock shadow on a regular basis, and all those doubters magically shut the hell up. It's amazing how patronizing people can be to a baby face.  

Junimaia

Dapper Dabbler

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:13 pm
Maybe I should sew myself a beard and wear it around.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:20 pm
So in other words you look like your good enough for the ***** bear but as soon as he has his way with you and learns your real age he'll be in the shower scrubbing really really hard to get the nonjailbateness off him.

but still aww poor Pain and her agelessness issues *hugs*

edit add in: totally support the beard idea  

wo_nyrmo

Teh_plague

Dangerous Loiterer

8,150 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:48 pm
I used to be in the same spot, then i just refused to shave and grew a crazy homeless man beard and now people just leave me alone and don't bother carding or asking my age.

So i'll agree with everyone else and say you need a beard. Seems to make people leave you alone and just accept that you might actually be old enough to know what you're talking about.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:38 am
PainfullyVivid

Yes. Yes, you should.

But I understand. People have thought that I was a kid throughout my 20s. The past couple years they changed to thinking that I was a woman. But since you are a woman, this stage will not matter to you. XD  

Szen
Vice Captain

6,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Kosai Avonej

Elder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:09 pm
I got the opposite problem, people think I'm in my late 30's! ><  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:56 pm
I'm 23 and I've looked pretty much the same since I was 16.
A few weeks a go this clerk wouldn't accept my drivers license as ID, to prove I was over 18, because she thought it was fake.  

scrub
Crew

Junimaia

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:48 pm
PainfullyVivid
We should test this before jumping to conclusions. ...there, I just threw a beard on my avatar. Does she look older? surprised  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:46 pm
hi pain! apparently we must go to the same high school. i've recently been upgraded to 15 -.-;

and yes, you will probably continue to be carded, and questioned because aging isn't what it used to be apparently.

and that whole, you'll be grateful when your older thing is to make the person feel better for making you illegal and realizing that their potential attraction is legal *****.

maybe i've had too many years to think about this sweatdrop  

Ky Jelly

8,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

wo_nyrmo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:37 pm
Ky Jelly
hi pain! apparently we must go to the same high school. i've recently been upgraded to 15 -.-;

and yes, you will probably continue to be carded, and questioned because aging isn't what it used to be apparently.

and that whole, you'll be grateful when your older thing is to make the person feel better for making you illegal and realizing that their potential attraction is legal *****.

maybe i've had too many years to think about this sweatdrop

aww poor Ky, maybe you should go witht he beard plan too.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:04 pm
I understand how u feel. When I was around 18-20 people were shocked when I told them my age or that I was in university. Its very annoying but now that I'm almost 22 no has bothered me that much, maybe I actually look my age know.

I also think it had to do with the way i dressed I was very much a t-shirt and jeans gal. Who knows i'm just glad i'm not bothered anymore.

Good luck with everything though.  

Blue3173

Light up the Night

Tipsy Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:55 pm
I've had customers at the grocery store I work at ask if I'm old enough to help them check out their alcohol. YES DARN IT. D:
I've also had those what grade are you going into (high school) questions.
SOPHOMORE IN COLLEGE! D:<

WE GONNA STILL BE SEXY AND YOUNG LOOKIN' WHEN WE OLD, SO IT'S OKAY. razz  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:25 pm
You're lucky. People have been guessing exactly how old I am. NO ME GUSTA. Thus, I have begun constructing a schoolgirl cosplay. Let the age of compensation begin!  

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

Naree

Fashionable Genius

7,950 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:25 pm
Almost 30 and I still get carded, get told I don't look old enough to have 4 kids and that I have an amazing figure because of it. I just laugh.  
The Suites

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff