Submit

Lime Kiss

Versatile Lover

4,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:30 pm
Alright everyone, we're fostering a cat. He's a giant siamese-cross boy and he's neutered. But he's been an outdoor cat all his life and he cannot be an outdoor cat here (though I do intend to take him out on a harness).

I'm mostly worried about our cats meeting him. Our orange cat is becoming more and more spastic as she gets older. Our tuxedo will probably be fine.

How should we introduce them? What are the best ways to introduce kitties? What changes when you add another cat to a two cat household?

thanks everyone <3  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:08 pm
We first introduced our cats through a door. Let them sniff each other under the crack, or get out towels, rub them down and exchange the towels so they can get used to each other's scents.

I was confident in being able to handle my cat, so we let them see each other much sooner than suggested. They both did some hissing and growling and refused to go near each other, but we kept them locked up separately for a long while until they stopped showing signs of aggression. They still hissed every once in a while, when one came too close, but that slowly wore down to the point they're now having fun wrestling. They don't snuggle at all, but they do enjoy each other's company.  

kage no neko

Invisible Phantom

8,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items