Pomeranian Maltese Mix Found

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[ Jinx ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:22 pm
User Image

I found a pomeranian maltese mix under a car in my neighborhood. There were no tags so we have no clue on who the owner is. She was bleeding a little bit from going through my neighbors rose bushes. She seemed a little dirty and there were rose leeves stuck all over her. At first she was shaking like a leaf, but after giving her a bath and some food she is just a bundle of joy. She chases me around the house and likes to go exploring.

I'm not sure of what age she is. She looks pretty young, and she seems to like chewing on things. I'm not familiar with this type of breed and I don't know if we can keep her. We introduced her to our part lab border collie pitbull mix, and my dog doesn't mind her much. Although the pomeranian seems a bit scared of my dog, maybe because my dog pawed at her. We've decided to maybe keep her for a week to see how she fits in our home, and keep an eye out for flyers for missing dogs.

There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with her, she looks perfectly healthy. I checked for flees and ticks and found none. If anyone has this type of breed I would love to hear some insite on this type of dog.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:27 pm
well I know she isn't potty trained, she just peed on the carpet =u=....

She looks so adorable when she goes up and down the stairs, her little legs are soo tiny that she looks like shes gonna faceplant. ^u^

Oh and we are planning to go to the vet tomorrow to see if she has a chip.  

[ Jinx ]

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:31 pm

You should bring a flyer with a picture of her if you can and add it to their billboard, also post on craigs list.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:49 pm
I would bring the info of her and post around, but no photos. Only give some basic info too. Find a couple specific details that you save for yourself but the owner should know. Like the color of her tail, her eye color, color of the pads on her feet, ect. You don't want to give out all the details on her because there are bad people who will claim a puppy even if it isn't theirs and it will really be hard for you to tell if they are legit if you give them all the info on her up front. I would however check for a chip then call all your local rescue groups to see if anyone has had people coming in desperately looking for their pup. A cutie like that, I wouldn't be surprised if she does have a family looking for her.  

Krissim Klaw
Crew

Lady Lagomorph

Wheezing Bunny

25,075 Points
  • Very Thankful 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:22 pm
Agreed with the above post. Sometimes a photo can be okay, but it should be black and white and not too big - as mentioned, the owner should know what this dog looks/acts like and be able to describe it.

As for care, small lap dog breeds like that have very tiny bladders, especially when young - she might be partway through potty training, or she might have just gone too long inside or something. Our neighbors across the street have a Shih Tzu that needed to go out every 2-4 hours when she was a puppy. Obviously, they don't have to do that now, but it was a patience game.

They also love to follow you around! They're bred to be people-oriented. She's likely to love tagging along with your around the house and, if possible, small out-of-the-house chores. Some may or my not be "yappy." depending on actual breed mix/personality.

She's a super cute dog!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:45 pm
Krissim Klaw
""

Thanks for the tip ^u^
Yeah I don't think I would want to give up a cute thing like that to people that are dishonest and who just want to claim her. I would feel so terrible to give her up to the wrong owners.

Lady Lagomorph
""

She peed four times already on the rug =u=
We took her out every time she looked like she needed to go or right after she did. But once she was outside she didn't seem to be interested in going to the bathroom. I even planted her on the grass so she could go. She even watched my own dog use the bathroom on the grass, and I thought she would learn from example...but no xD

Yeah she is some what of a hand full. We have to watch her all the time because we think she might have an accident again. Its about bed time now and she keeps crying when we leave her. One of my brothers is staying with her so she doesn't cry. =u=  

[ Jinx ]

Lady Lagomorph

Wheezing Bunny

25,075 Points
  • Very Thankful 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:35 pm
[ Jinx ]

She peed four times already on the rug =u=
We took her out every time she looked like she needed to go or right after she did. But once she was outside she didn't seem to be interested in going to the bathroom. I even planted her on the grass so she could go. She even watched my own dog use the bathroom on the grass, and I thought she would learn from example...but no xD

Yeah she is some what of a hand full. We have to watch her all the time because we think she might have an accident again. Its about bed time now and she keeps crying when we leave her. One of my brothers is staying with her so she doesn't cry. =u=
Yup, sounds like a young toy-sized dog. D= Hmm. It sounds like she probably got started on potty training with things like papers/wee pads in the house and maybe didn't yet catch onto going outside. Unfortunately, that might me part of the reason why you found her outside. Expect lots of work on that part, I guess.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:15 pm
awww.... I think she's a cutie. I prefer big dogs, but she is a cute little thing.  

Kipluck
Crew

5,850 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items