Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
...Well. That's both awesome and horrible. XD

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

~Dooooooom~
  kitten ghost?
  Doom hast!
  It's not as bad as you think, I promise!
  Wow. You are... masochistic.
  Oh look! Money!
View Results

Ifailedmywillsave

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:46 pm
I just discovered the Rainy Day item, and while I sort of wanted it, I didn't desperately need it. Until I read the description, took another look, and realized with rising elation and horror that it refers to one of my favorite video games: Persona 4. With it, I could create outfits for almost every Persona 4 character!

So of course I had to tektek the hell out of it. Putting together outfits for them, and then pulling the items I already have... I'm going to need 15,017,845 gold. *facepalm* Brilliant, Ifa, just brilliant. Like you need another enormous quest.

Luckily, there are items on that list that I wanted already, so I'll accomplish two goals at once? Right? 8D;;

Ever had that kind of experience, my Suitehearts? What are you questing right now? Have you ever played Persona 3 or 4?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:34 pm
I've never played a Persona game... I should get one for my psp but I sorta have a hard time wanting to play anything on handhelds.

Of course if I do decided to get one then I have to make the choice of which one do I play? 2 or 3?  

wo_nyrmo

Junimaia

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:39 am
Are the Persona games only on handheld consoles? I keep hearing about these games but I never bothered researching to them.

I think the most expensive quest I ever did was an item worth 900,000 (don't remember the item, bet the price is even higher now xD). I speed bossed the hell out of zOMG and booty grabbed like a maniac for that I think.

I'm on a questing hiatus right now though. Too busy with life to care about what new things to put on my avi.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:55 am
Ha, I get it. Running around as the MC/rest of the cast on a rainy day. I would be interested in seeing a Kanji cosplay.

My most expensive quest was for the Fall of the Evening Star. 9mil. And I coincidentally ended up getting an item that could've given me 10 times that... but I accidentally sold it for... exactly 9mil. Oh well. I won't be aiming for something like that again for a long time. Now I'm focusing on the under 100k items when/if I feel like it.

Superna Zherom

Undead Honey Cake

Mewling Kitten

13,000 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:17 pm
i'm playing 3, i like it a lot, but i have trouble playing it for too long, can't really figure out why....  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:25 pm
wo_nyrmo
Of course if I do decided to get one then I have to make the choice of which one do I play? 2 or 3?
Well, I've never played 2, and I've only played a little of 3, and I've only played 3 on PS2. But I find the characters in 3 more compelling than what I've read of 2, and 4 is even more fun than 3. 3 feeds into 4 a little, in that we see a few characters for 4 in the background of 3, and in 4 we revisit some places where 3 was set. So if you play both of them, it's more engaging than playing one of the two alone.

...That didn't help in the least, did it? sweatdrop

Ifailedmywillsave

Ifailedmywillsave

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:29 pm
Junimaia
Are the Persona games only on handheld consoles? I keep hearing about these games but I never bothered researching to them.

They're on both handheld and on PS2. biggrin I've only played them on PS2, and I've only played 3 and 4. 3 takes a lot longer to try and get into because you don't get into the minds of your teammates as much, but the plot is fairly interesting. It's the long dungeon crawls that might get you down.

4, on the other hand, dives you right into the minds of your classmates due to your having to discover their darker sides while trying to rescue them from the constructions of their dark psyches. There are three possible endings to the game, and the characters are really endearing. Even those who you don't wander around with all the time!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:41 pm
Superna Zherom
Ha, I get it. Running around as the MC/rest of the cast on a rainy day. I would be interested in seeing a Kanji cosplay.

Exactly! It includes the school jacket!

I came up with three Kanji cosplays: Kanji in uniform with chair, Shadow Kanji, and Kanji during the cultural festival crossdressing competition. *pushes up geek glasses* 8D I'm more than a little excited. ...Which is perhaps sad.

Ifailedmywillsave

Ifailedmywillsave

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:46 pm
Undead Honey Cake
i'm playing 3, i like it a lot, but i have trouble playing it for too long, can't really figure out why....

I have that same problem. Partially because of the long dungeon crawl slogs, and partially because they don't get you into the heads of the characters very well until much further along in the process. 4 is much better about getting you attached to your team and into the plot.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:29 am
Ifailedmywillsave

more helpful then reading stuff on GameFAQ from randoms xp but that is also cause I've been around you so eaiser to take take a guestamation. lol
So yea thanks for the opinions.

I remember long ago when I was at Gamestop one of the people recomended Persona 3 FES, but obviously not knowing jack about it I'm not gonna pick up a random RPG. Exuecally since RPG are either fun or not fun at all. Not to mention this was right around the time of the starting of a PS3 and I wasn't exactly wanting to pay a new game price for a PS2 title.

I'd really just like them to make one for ps3 so then I don't have to go backwards in graphic XD and the only reason I'd go for the PSP version is eaiser to me to get access to and much cheaper.  

wo_nyrmo

Ifailedmywillsave

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:44 am
wo_nyrmo
Ifailedmywillsave

more helpful then reading stuff on GameFAQ from randoms xp but that is also cause I've been around you so eaiser to take take a guestamation. lol
So yea thanks for the opinions.

I remember long ago when I was at Gamestop one of the people recomended Persona 3 FES, but obviously not knowing jack about it I'm not gonna pick up a random RPG. Exuecally since RPG are either fun or not fun at all. Not to mention this was right around the time of the starting of a PS3 and I wasn't exactly wanting to pay a new game price for a PS2 title.

I'd really just like them to make one for ps3 so then I don't have to go backwards in graphic XD and the only reason I'd go for the PSP version is eaiser to me to get access to and much cheaper.

FES is, as I recall, an extension from Persona 3. It updates the original game (possibly giving one the option to play as a silent female protagonist instead of a silent male protagonist?) and adds an epilogue wherein you play as one of the character from your team rather than the protagonist. So I think that it can stand alone, so if you'd like to start with that one, it's as good a place as any. FES is the director's cut of the original game, apparently, with some bonus content and that epilogue added.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:25 am
Ifailedmywillsave
Junimaia

They're on both handheld and on PS2.

Don't forget the Playstation, that MMO, the DS, I think some phone games where released, books, doop de derp de derpity doopy blurp. Only things I heard about the series was something about fighting with suicides and they did a non stereotypical gay dude with apparently beautiful results.  

Supar Ingimon

Toxic Fatcat

Ifailedmywillsave

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:22 pm
Supar Ingimon
Ifailedmywillsave
Junimaia

They're on both handheld and on PS2.

Don't forget the Playstation, that MMO, the DS, I think some phone games where released, books, doop de derp de derpity doopy blurp. Only things I heard about the series was something about fighting with suicides and they did a non stereotypical gay dude with apparently beautiful results.
I know there's a manga, but I didn't know the rest. Neat! I don't know too much about the rest of the series... just 3 and 4. 4 does have a non-stereotypical gay man, and he is awesome. biggrin Kanji is one of my favorite characters. There are some... complications with his sexuality, but that just means he's treated like a human being and not like a set form. And while it's not explicit, you can read into the barely-subtextual and see a pair of lesbians (or two) as well, so that's nice. smile Really, it feels like everyone crushes on your main protagonist as you get closer and more into one another's heads, so there are any number of pairings available for those who like to see it. I have a great time with it.  
The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games