User Image

Hello everyone! It's smitten I write these rules now because I'm going into college in just one week. (Pay attention to the date of this post!). Our former Vice Captain, Chemical Collision or for those who know her as Jess, wrote a nice and sincere set of rules for this sub, and I know that subjects such as this were important to her. So, I'm going to try to include as many of things as I can from what I think will be useful from my own experience and others as well as a general set of guidelines for you to follow.

-Please be respectful. No harassing or flaming users. Keep in mind we've all had different experiences, and we are all knowledgeable in a certain way. There's no need to be overly judgmental or stick something to someone's face because you think you're better than them.

-No spam. Topics should be in accordance to school or education in some way.

-Do not plagiarize. This may seem slightly hilarious to you, but for example, if someone asks for homework help, and you CP them 10 paragraphs of something that they don't change a word of, well why should we allow that? We may not be able to verify you've done anything wrong, but still. Don't abuse the homework help privilege too. It doesn't mean 24/7 "You do homework for me, k?" service. DO NOT...use any person's WORK from this forum for any use unless you have their explicit permission. If I find out, you will be BANNED and never allowed to come back. How will I find out? Well, hell if I should know. I may or may not, but you're just an a** if you do something like that to one of the guild members. Also, just plain getting someone's work shouldn't be allowed. It's their work, they shouldn't give it to you. Now, on a lighter note.... heart

First of all, college is a big experience, and for many of us it's a huge chapter in our lives that will help us decide what avenues we want to pursue. Any questions you have about college experience, please post here. For those that have attended college, please try to help these people. You were a freshman too once and you know the game better than we do. Any thread that pertains to college is allowed here. You may post the educational institution you plan to attend, talk about a particular university, create topics about the lifestyle of college, especially for those of you that are going through the dorm experience. MAJORS you want to explore or are currently exploring, discuss that as well. Post tips and memorabilia for those funny/interesting/somehow important memories that you'd like to share with the guild. FINANCIAL INFORMATION. Here's something everyone should know. IN STATE tuition is generally MUCH CHEAPER than OUT OF STATE, so please get yourself squared away as far as that's concerned if you're attending a college in the state you live in. Make sure you have all necessary grants/scholarships. I WANT MY VOICE IN YOUR HEAD. MAKE SURE YOU APPLY FOR THOSE SCHOLARSHIPS AND GRANTS. YOU DO NOT WANT TO HAVE A BIG LOAN TO PAY IF YOU DON'T NEED TO. YOU WANT TO REDUCE THE FINANCIAL BURDEN ON YOURSELF. YES, IF IF I CAN SAVE JUST ONE PERSON $5,000.00, THEN THIS SCREAMING WAS WELL WORTH IT. PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR SCHEDULE AND WHEN THE PAYMENT IS DUE FOR YOUR CLASSES. YOUR CLASSES MAY BE DROPPED IF YOU DON'T PAY ON TIME. IF YOU REGISTER ONLINE, PAY ATTENTION. LOOK AT THE FINE PRINT, PEOPLE. ALSO, make sure you register for classes EARLY, a good site to look up professors is HTTP//WWW.RATEMYPROFESSORS.COM. FURTHERMORE, MAKE SURE YOU TALK WITH YOUR HIGH SCHOOL COLLEGE ADVISER BEFORE YOU LEAVE. GET ALL THE INFORMATION YOU NEED, ASK ANY QUESTION YOU WANT. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE TAKEN AT LEAST THE SAT/ACT/CPT AND HAVE TRIED TO SCORED WELL ON IT. YOU DO NOT WANT TO BE TAKING INTENSIVE COURSES, THAT IS A WASTE OF MONEY. FINALLY, GO TO YOUR COLLEGE WEBSITE, LOOK UP CONTACT INFORMATION, LOOK UP CLASS DETAILS, LOOK UP WHATEVER IS RELEVANT ON THAT SITE. THAT SITE SHOULD BE YOUR FRIEND. GO TO THE COLLEGE AND SPEAK TO PEOPLE, AND PAY ATTENTION DURING ORIENTATION. BE YOUR OWN ADVOCATE BECAUSE YOU'RE NOT GOING TO BE DEPENDENT ON YOUR PARENTS YOUR WHOLE LIFE. TRY TO HAVE A POSITIVE ATTITUDE! IT'S NOT THE END OF THE WORLD TO GO TO COLLEGE! SOME PEOPLE NEVER GET THAT OPPORTUNITY, UNFORTUNATELY. DO WHAT YOU DREAM OF, NOT WHAT YOUR PARENTS WANT. ALWAYS BE YOURSELF. AND YES, THESE CAPS ARE COMPLETELY NECESSARY, AND IF I HAVE ANNOYED YOU TILL KINGDOM COME, WELL THEN AT LEAST MY WORDS WILL FOREVER BE IN YOUR HEAD AND I KNOW I WILL HAVE HELPED "SOMEONE", THOUGH I DO GREATLY APOLOGIZE FOR YOUR EYES.......on to something else.... xd

This is a forum where it's great for you to be introspective. I know one of my friends was telling me today about how she was sad that she's going to be moving away from her best friends and won't see them for a long time. I know some of you can relate to this. This can be a place where we hold each other and can be each others rock for those that need support and comfort. It can be a time to share your stories about when you had to be strong or even how you plan to BE strong, even though things may never go as we plan. Which is another point, you can bring that up too! Expectations vs. Reality....what has been your individual experiences with that and what should YOU, NEWBIE probably expect.

Educational resources people. You may post LINKS to educational resources here. This has to do with education in general too, not just college. Sites that assist in homework or project help, or perhaps giving homework help yourself. Tutoring sites, just plain educational info. There are so many subjects, ya know? If you want to give someone a link to some site that outlines the details of say, logarithms, then you may do that. There are a couple people in the guild who are quite proficient at math, so they may be able to provide you with help. If you want to post a story or essay of yours for school that you want checked, then you may do that too. Fun gaming sites, sites that challenge the brain, are allowed as well. I know that the Vice Captain of this guild likes to solve nonograms. Doesn't hurt to exercise those brain muscles, does it? If you are adamant about learning, you can learn, and practice makes perfect. Society today is harsh. KNOWLEDGE is POWER, because those with a deficiency of knowledge are looked at with disdain by the more intelligent, no matter how unfair or not that may seem. It's just how life is.

RANTING is allowed here. If you have an annoying teacher, then create a thread and state why they're annoying you. Your fellow peers will either support your rant or give you a little lecture as to how you're being unreasonable =P...but yeah, some teachers are very annoying and if you need to get things off your chest then by all means do so. CLASSMATES....habits they have that just get on your last nerve. Yep.

School talk in general is welcome here. Discussing your schedule, your social life, friends in the school environment is just fine. Guys, I want us to work as a team to really make this a productive forum to go to. There's so much you can do with this sub forum. School is a big part of our lives and so is education. Whether we want to embrace it or bang our head on the desk, we should use this forum and share our feelings and give advice to those who need it. Any suggestions or ideas are welcome, as with any other forum, of course. THANK YOU VERY MUCH.....I lied when I said the Debate rules were going to be the longest, but this takes the record! (I don't foresee any future rules being longer than this, I promise) Thank you for your incredible diligence if you got through this in its entirety.

ONCE AGAIN, THANK YOU!
heart