Reply Pets & Animals Main Forum
Aquabids

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

w o l f - s m e x

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:48 am
I want to buy a fish from Aquabid, but will the fish die by the time it arrives to me ? Since it's shipping and etc.
There's this fish that I've been looking at and it's beaautiful biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:09 am
it should be ok. fish and other live animals get shipped around the world all the time  

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:24 am

Just make sure the seller states how they package the fish for shipping, and what shipping they use. You want express/overnight, the fish should be in a box that is lined with Styrofoam and then stuffed with newspaper or something like that. If it's too hot out, they should provide a cold pack. If it's too cold out, a heat pack. The fish should be in a bag with just enough water to keep them covered and plenty of air, no food or plants in the bag with them. If they're not using breather bags, then it should be double bagged. On the box they should write 'fragile' and preferably 'this side up' as well so they box doesn't get knocked around too much.

Look for someone who ships a lot, as they'll have more experience. Don't be afraid to message them with any questions you have.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:43 pm
Vanilla eXee

Just make sure the seller states how they package the fish for shipping, and what shipping they use. You want express/overnight, the fish should be in a box that is lined with Styrofoam and then stuffed with newspaper or something like that. If it's too hot out, they should provide a cold pack. If it's too cold out, a heat pack. The fish should be in a bag with just enough water to keep them covered and plenty of air, no food or plants in the bag with them. If they're not using breather bags, then it should be double bagged. On the box they should write 'fragile' and preferably 'this side up' as well so they box doesn't get knocked around too much.

Look for someone who ships a lot, as they'll have more experience. Don't be afraid to message them with any questions you have.

Do you know anyone that has bought off of aquabid? I'm scared that I'll spend $20 on a fish, but it'll come back dead..Will it come to California alive 100%? Cause mostly all of the fishes will be sent from like Tailand. It won't be too far of a distance?  

w o l f - s m e x

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:53 pm
w o l f - s m e x
Vanilla eXee

Do you know anyone that has bought off of aquabid? I'm scared that I'll spend $20 on a fish, but it'll come back dead..Will it come to California alive 100%? Cause mostly all of the fishes will be sent from like Tailand. It won't be too far of a distance?

I know lots of people that have bought off of aquabid. There's no 100% guarantee that it won't die. They usually don't but sometimes they do. If you're that worried, ask the seller if they will reimburse you for a Dead On Arrival (DOA) fish.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:02 pm
Vanilla eXee
w o l f - s m e x
Vanilla eXee

I know lots of people that have bought off of aquabid. There's no 100% guarantee that it won't die. They usually don't but sometimes they do. If you're that worried, ask the seller if they will reimburse you for a Dead On Arrival (DOA) fish.

Ooh, did they come back alive biggrin ?
I'm planning on buying a betta. Any specific tips on how to care for a betta? I used to have a couple back then, but I forgot since I haven't had one in a while. By the way, thank you so much!  

w o l f - s m e x

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:25 pm
w o l f - s m e x
Vanilla eXee
w o l f - s m e x
Vanilla eXee

Ooh, did they come back alive biggrin ?
I'm planning on buying a betta. Any specific tips on how to care for a betta? I used to have a couple back then, but I forgot since I haven't had one in a while. By the way, thank you so much!

Yes, the few irl friends I have that use it swear by it, and many people I talk to online report live arrivals as well.

As for help with a betta, I will try to keep this simple, lol: You'll need a tank of at least 2.5 gallons, though bigger is better. I suggest a 5g or a 10g tank. You will also need a filter, a heater, water conditioner (the kind that removes chlorine and chloramines)and some soft fake plants. One of the most important things is cycling the tank before you get your fish. Here's an explanation on how to do that. As an alternative, if you have a friend with an already cycled fish tank, you can use some of their filter media to "seed" your tank. Keep your heater set to around 78 degrees, do a partial water change once a week, and feed your betta a high quality betta pellet as well as blood worms, daphnia, or brine shrimp, and your betta should stay healthy and live a good life.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:54 pm
If they come from Thailand or anywhere over seas they normally stop at a transhipper, a person who the seller has arrangements with that will unpack the fish, repack the fish, and ship it from a US location. You can normally see where the seller's transhippers are.  

Akiska

Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff