Submit

Harmonical Melodies

Hallowed Lunatic

13,700 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Battle: Knight 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:51 pm
I'm in 8th grade this year and I recently moved, so I'm going to a new school. I just got back from meeting my teachers and getting my schedule. My classes are (From first to last period):

English
Girls P.E
Science
Band or lunch
Band or Lunch
Reading
Social Studies.

The school has a dress code, and I have to get rid of half of my closet due to it. I can't have:
-Leggings
-Shorts (unless past knees)
-Skulls (Not even the cute ones!)
-Dresses (Unless past knees)
-Skirts (Unless past knees)
-Tank Tops

I have never played in band so I'm a bit worried. What should I play? Should I play a brass instrument or a woodwind one? Any suggestions on getting through the year?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:34 pm
The_Mistress_Of_Music
I'm in 8th grade this year and I recently moved, so I'm going to a new school. I just got back from meeting my teachers and getting my schedule. My classes are (From first to last period):

English
Girls P.E
Science
Band or lunch
Band or Lunch
Reading
Social Studies.

The school has a dress code, and I have to get rid of half of my closet due to it. I can't have:
-Leggings
-Shorts (unless past knees)
-Skulls (Not even the cute ones!)
-Dresses (Unless past knees)
-Skirts (Unless past knees)
-Tank Tops

I have never played in band so I'm a bit worried. What should I play? Should I play a brass instrument or a woodwind one? Any suggestions on getting through the year?
User Image
♥ バンプ ♥

I could help you. I went to a Christian school that require dress code...I wasn't complaining about the dress code because it wasn't Uniform..meaning we had a little bit more freedom on what we wore. I don't know exactly what your dress code was, but I always dressed in a classy casual way..I wore a Raspberry button down shirt and black dress pants. Then I usually straighten my hair and leave it down and wear hooped or earrings that sparkle.

I don't know if that helped, but yeah...go clothes shopping and find clothes that your school will accept and that looks great on you. Send me a private message if you need more help hun.User Image
User Image

Kanari Moon-sun

Gracious Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200

x-Rainbow_Alpacaz-x

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:38 pm
Well. That dress code would be easy for ME to follow xD

Um... But I was in band. The FLUTE is so much fun! Or the Clarinet. Both are woodwinds and sound beautiful when tuned~ Try both out and see which you like best..  
29. ✿ - - - School and Work

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games