View Results

Kipluck
Crew

5,850 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:00 pm
My cousin/Best Friend Ever is coming over tonight and I haven't seen her in months. Even better she is bringing over her new baby to introduce us. She is named Vanille and I have only seen pics.

Vanille is her rescued, retired racing greyhound!!! She is so cute, and from doing some research about it she has made me VERY against greyhound racing, but anyway. She is pretty terrified of stairs, but otherwise has adapted remarkably well to being a "normal dog." I am so excited to finally get to play with the pup!!!  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:01 am
My friend is planning on adopting an adult greyhound from a rescue. I'm excited to help train lol.  

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

Azusanga

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:06 am
I thought you meant human baby for a while, and was about to say "WTF WHY YOU TELLING US"..

I love greyhounds. They're definetly something I'd love to own someday, and tell your friend congratulations for me!  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:34 pm
Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
My friend is planning on adopting an adult greyhound from a rescue. I'm excited to help train lol.
I admit that adopting from this same greyhound rescue IS something I have thought a lot about for myself... in the FUTURE. Not now.

Like when I own a house. I know a high-prey drive breed like greyhound is risky with my love of small squirrely animals like sugar gliders and chinchillas, but it isn't necessarily a deal breaker. Some have lower drive (they are usually failures at the track and need rescuing sooner) and some have worked on it at their foster home. So you never know.

Azusanga
I thought you meant human baby for a while, and was about to say "WTF WHY YOU TELLING US"..

I love greyhounds. They're definetly something I'd love to own someday, and tell your friend congratulations for me!
Heh heh. I know, I am a brat. twisted

Oh and it was so much fun. Vanille is a doll. She is so good-natured, loves EVERYBODY and just a doll. She did have a pee accident on the livingroom carpet, but hey, I have fostered puppies. She is certainly not the first. We just whipped out the WeeWee spray, you know.

But yeah, Vanille is so dang cute. This is her.  

Kipluck
Crew

5,850 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

imderanged

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:41 am
OH! I love greyhounds smile A guy I dated all through High school had one and I fell in love...with the dog heart And Vanille looks a bit like Renny.. he didn't have that nice dark marking around the muzzle, but still she reminded me of him smile I'd love to have one one day.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:41 am
I have always wanted to rescue a greyhound, there are a lot of rescues in my area, so one day...

Vanille is beautiful!  

Whiskey On A Sunday

Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces