Welcome to Gaia! ::

The LGBT Guild

Back to Guilds

This is a guild for all sexual orientation equality supporters to chat and feel welcomed. 

Tags: Homosexual, Bisexual, Transgender, Genderqueer 

Reply General Discussion
Fight for love?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Destructive-Kiwi

Dapper Gekko

8,500 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Generous 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:53 pm
I'm faced with a choice that I find impossible to make..

If the person you love loves you no more, would you still fight for their love?
To make them realize how strong your feelings are?
To iron out the pride and be willing to be part of a team?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:09 pm
I would never give up on someone I love. It's so hard to find a person who you truly care about more than anything in this world. Even if they don't love you back, I would fight to have them in my life no matter what. Even just as a friend.  

Banghart

me-maybe-not

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:43 pm
No matter how strong your feelings are, you can't make someone love you. Even they couldn't make themself love you. Love is either there or it's not.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:18 pm
I agree with what Banghart said. I think true love is really hard to come across and if you really think you're in love, then fight for it. Chances are you'll fail, but the feeling of not even trying to a lot worse than failing.  

AznTubbeh

Ealdwic

2,300 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:31 am
I think I agree with all of you, really. Of course, don't shut your feelings and wishes out - keep feeling what you feel. But also realize that you indeed cannot make someone fall for you, or feel something that they don't. People change, and sometimes, they cannot grow together, and grow apart.

If it's a case of falling out of love, perhaps you guys need to sit down and really talk about it. Get everything out there. You can't really take a step forward until you know all the reasons why, and all of the consequences for everything that's happened and will happen. Closure is a really good place to end to begin again, if you get what I'm saying. .^. Even if you cannot find a way back into this person's heart, at least you know you've done all you could. I hope you figure it all out!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:02 am
It hurts awfully, but making them stay'd make it just worse. I had something similar... It took me 6 months to get over that. crying  

Jutzu GT

Generous Phantom

9,450 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Regular 100

bollier

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:25 pm
I'm sorry, but I think if they don't love you anymore, there is nothing left to fight for. I know someone who went through something similar, and it didn't end well, to say the least (they even went a little crazy stalker for a while). Sometimes, our hearts just want something they can never have, which is part of the tragic beauty of life. If you still feel like you just cannot give up, I think your best bet isn't to fight for their love, but to give them a little space, then be a friend. As someone said earlier, you can't force someone to love you, and your only hope is that they see something in you that they forgot and come back on their own.  
General Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games