Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply Off-Topic
For the LBGT community suffering seizures.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aaleayha_Wahida

6,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:16 pm
Ii would like to say that I don't like advertising on other groups but, as the LBGT community is as un-immuned to seizures and nervous system diseases as the rest of the population, I feel I should give everyone a chance to get support for not just the sexuality but for their health as well.

heart If any of you have seizures or know someone that does, you're welcome to join at any time. heart

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:09 pm
I was diagnosed with epilepsy when I was 8, but as I've gotten older, the seizures have become less and less frequent.

The wording in the intro to the guild struck me. I've never considered myself an "unfortunate person who has seizures". The seizures are unfortunate, not me.  

Taeryyn
Captain

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Aaleayha_Wahida

6,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:12 pm
Taeryyn
I was diagnosed with epilepsy when I was 8, but as I've gotten older, the seizures have become less and less frequent.

That's good to hear. Studies have shown that people who get it early in life actually grow out of them. Mine's from a different problem, I still have them bad.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:16 pm
That sucks.
Have you had much success managing the condition? It can be tricky to figure out what, exactly, is the best way to deal with it, and I found that to be the most frustrating part. Every doctor has their own opinion of what's best, and some seem to see their patients as little more than subjects on which to experiment. razz

My current neuro is pretty cool, though.  

Taeryyn
Captain

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Aaleayha_Wahida

6,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:25 pm
Taeryyn
That sucks.
Have you had much success managing the condition? It can be tricky to figure out what, exactly, is the best way to deal with it, and I found that to be the most frustrating part. Every doctor has their own opinion of what's best, and some seem to see their patients as little more than subjects on which to experiment. razz

My current neuro is pretty cool, though.

Unfortunantly where i live, they think if it's not brain activated and they can't find a reason that sticks out, they don't look into it. They label it a mental issue and shove you off to psychiatrists.

But for a year I had been going to the chiropractor, and the seizure had stopped for 11 months! But something happened and now their back. it's worse this time though.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:50 pm
Yeah, I used to have them when I was little and had a one recently.

Masked_Ven

Meeatu

5,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Regular 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:29 am
Taeryyn

The seizures are unfortunate, not me.

Oh dear...
I first read that as "The seizures are unfortunate to have me."  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:07 am
Meeatu
Taeryyn

The seizures are unfortunate, not me.

Oh dear...
I first read that as "The seizures are unfortunate to have me."

hahaha!
they are unfortunante to have me. blaugh I fight back a lot!  

Aaleayha_Wahida

6,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Tycoon 200

Aaleayha_Wahida

6,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:08 am
Masked_Ven
Yeah, I used to have them when I was little and had a one recently.

eee, so you had a period where you didn't have any? That sucks. I hope your doing better.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:13 am
ouch....i feel for ya! ive never been diagnosed with it, but i'll always fight alongside whatever cause for the better of humanity  

DJ Arctic Wolf

7,150 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

airforce_freak6678

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:15 pm
I don't have seizures, but my mom does, she has had two strokes, and the first one caused her to become epileptic. We have learned how to deal with them, what do do directly after when she is completely disoriented and such.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:43 pm
i was diagnosed in 4th grade but they think i had it since i way 6.... now that i think of it CRAP if forgot my medicine TwT too late now... and its at a high enough dosage that i cant skip it........ *emo*  

NeoSylum

Sparkly Millionaire

5,050 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

Aaleayha_Wahida

6,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:57 pm
YamatoXgoth
i was diagnosed in 4th grade but they think i had it since i way 6.... now that i think of it CRAP if forgot my medicine TwT too late now... and its at a high enough dosage that i cant skip it........ *emo*

OMG I hate it when I forget my meds!! that bites. ... I think I forgot my mid day meds... eek OOPS. oh well, got my night time I suppose. I just got mine 2 and half years ago.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:31 am
DJ Arctic Wolf
ouch....i feel for ya! ive never been diagnosed with it, but i'll always fight alongside whatever cause for the better of humanity

Humanity and puppy-kind?
Because that puppy in your sig looks like he's having a seizure too :[  

Meeatu

5,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Regular 100
  • First step to fame 200
Off-Topic

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers