Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
I hate breasts! >=C

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Down with this nonsense!
  I hate it, too!
  Lychee's gone off the deep end.
  ...again.
View Results

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:46 am
Okay, I like breasts. I hate drafting darts for them!! stressed

That's pretty much it. I'm making a shirt from the ground up and it's not going well. I just wish I'd thought of using a curved dart to make a princess seam BEFORE CUTTING THE LINEN. Linen isn't cheap. ;_; *sigh* I'll see if it can be fixed without losing the fabric. I just needed to rant to you guys.

emo  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:31 am
Darts for breasts? Wut?  

scrub
Crew

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:59 pm
scrub
Darts for breasts? Wut?

XD

Since I'm eating breakfast, here is a good visual. Lay a cereal box on its side and drop a napkin over it. See how it just sits there, flat against the box? That's a boy chest. Now put two oranges on top of the cereal box and try again. Instead of lying flat on the box, now the napkin has some folds puffing out. That's a girl chest. When you tuck those folds in and sew them to fit the shape of a girl's "oranges", those things are called darts! ^_^

And I hate drafting themmmmmm. burning_eyes  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:47 pm
Ugh, those are such a pain. I tend to make the bodice piece, then try it on inside out, pinch the excess fabric down to the appropriate level, and put in a few tack stitches so that when I pull it off I know where to sew. But that doesn't exactly help if you're drafting them into the pattern in the first place. sad

Good luck!  

BardoftheAges

wo_nyrmo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:19 pm
Mmm I knew I liked oranges and dislike banana but this explanation thing takes it to a whole new level. rofl

Anywho, Yea I'm sure that does make things like that a pain ^.^; then if you had one of the sewing mannequins it still doesn't really help too much since they are of a certain size and not everyone is that shape so it really only helps for basic set up.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:28 am
mmm mangos . . . .

i never new the pleaty thingers were called darts . . . .  

Ky Jelly

8,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items