Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
New Form of Animal Cruelty

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

WTF?
  O_o
View Results

La Bijou

Swashbuckling Wench

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:13 pm
live keychains. eek  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:12 pm
"The vendor claims a special liquid inside provides oxygen and nutrients for the creatures."

Riggggggggggggggggght. rolleyes
besides even if it does it obviously doesn't provide enough for a regular life span.  

wo_nyrmo

Kosai Avonej

Elder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:18 pm
No, just no. Leave nature the way it's supposed to be, free in the wild.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:23 pm
wo_nyrmo
"The vendor claims a special liquid inside provides oxygen and nutrients for the creatures."

besides even if it does it obviously doesn't provide enough for a regular life span.
I'm sorry, it's a living creature. It needs more resources than can be contained in that tiny package.

Not to mention it could get bumped, dropped, or squished and that would be it for it.

La Bijou

Swashbuckling Wench

wo_nyrmo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:02 pm
La Bijou
wo_nyrmo

I'm sorry, it's a living creature. It needs more resources than can be contained in that tiny package.

Not to mention it could get bumped, dropped, or squished and that would be it for it.
and I'm sure those that bought said keychain would probably be more pissed that their purse or pocket got soaked if it popped or had a leak.

But yea since this stand is in China it doesn't surprise me, but I still don't like it, poor animals.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:05 pm
That's... horrible. D:
The only way I would ever buy something like that is if I took it somewhere and immediately cut the animal(s) from the packaging. Poor things. =(  

khionna

Salty Wench

39,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50

AquilaLiberum

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:44 am
Oh wow, that's pretty awful. It doesn't matter if they have enough oxygen and nutrients, they need space to live!

This is ******** horrible :/  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:45 pm
I'm feeling this desperate need to just reach in through the computer and cut every single one of those things open back in the water.

I am so pissed.  

Junimaia

Dapper Dabbler

scrub
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:47 am
...what.

Those reptiles will literally choke to death on their own excretion. :/  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:53 pm
Poor animals.

Goldfish are already easily killed. The one my friend won me got pretty bad really fast. And I know the book I read where a drag queen would put goldfish and water in these inflatable "boobs" on his outfits for the night mentioned the fish dying every few days or a week.  

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

Drunken Echoes

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:28 pm
Poor animals : |
How the ******** believes that they are going to have a normal life inside something like that?
It's sad and stupid.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:23 pm
And, ok, besides the horrible cruelty of it all (which is pretty damn close to sending me rage!blind) who in their right mind puts something called a giant salamander in a teeny little container like that? scream Are they just that stupid[/i}?  

BardoftheAges

Ky Jelly

8,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:13 pm
only 1.50?

hmm . .. . i'd buy a turtle and lizard/gecko/salamander one . . . followed by a trip to the pet store . . .  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:20 am

Superna Zherom

Light up the Night

Tipsy Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:18 pm
I'd already heard about this a while back. sad
It's really sad that people think this is okay to do to animals.  
The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games