Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Dorms } ------------------------Personal Profiles/Journals Here
[Ghost] Lattice's Shrine Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:08 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Marushii
There is a gnome in front of you with a message.

A message that happens to be carved into wood. Whelp. Whatever, so long as he doesn't move anything in your room...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:10 pm

"Oh. A visitor. Please excuse the mess..."

01. Enrollment
02. Written in Ink
03. About Lattice
04. Lattice's Fear
05. Engravers
06. Lattice's Dorm
07. Relationships
08. Fatal Framed
09. Seeing Eye
10. Ink Splattered
11. In Public Eye
12. Classes
13. Growth
14. Credits

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:11 pm

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Name: Lattice
Nicknames: ???

Faction: Ghost
Race: Engraver

Personality:
What goes on behind that mask?
At first she might seem a little too stoic and even emotionless. Lattice doesn't tend show whether she is happy or sad and thus often keeps it locked away deep within where no one can see it. The stoic nature is mostly due to how she was raised and taught. She needed to keep her emotions in check to help her fully comprehend how ink works and to be able to control it effectively. Sadly she holds so much of herself in check that she lost any sort of empathy that she might have had. Her loss of empathy also extends to others around her leading her to misread situations and being socially awkward at times with those she does not know very well.

She can be pretty protective...
She is very protective of her sister and anyone she might consider a friend. Lattice is even protective of items and ideals. She will go to the mat to protect a friend's opinion if it comes to question even if it is completely wrong. Lattice also tends to protect those that are weaker and unable to fight especially if they are being bullied by someone much stronger or has an unfair advantage.

For all my friends I'd....
Lattice is fairly shy at times and thus making friends isn't easy for Lattice especially since she doesn't often start conversations unless someone talks to her first. Once you are her friend she becomes gradually more open and she will gladly do favors for them if asked wanting nothing more than to please her friends. Some might become good enough friends with her to be considered like family. Friends that are not considered close to her or even family might find themselves rather low on her list of priorities. If the friend says or does something that is against her sister or her Clan she will drop them without hesitation. If Sister or Clan call for her attention no matter what she and the friend have planned the friend will always find themselves abandoned or the outing rescheduled.

Don't touch my stuff!
She gets a rather upset if someone goes into her room without permission and touches all of her stuff (with an exception being Needle). The Engraver works hard to get her room looking nice and neat and to arrange it just the way she likes it, someone wandering in on a lark to move everything three inches to the left will probably end up with a very angry ghoul on their hands. She doesn't come waltzing into your dorm and rearrange your things thank you very much. If someone goes in that isn't Needle and messes with her things she tends to go into a sudden cleaning and rearranging flurry to get things to feel right again. Chances are even if it is someone of authority going into her room to conduct a search of sorts she will probably be very agitated.

She's so blindly devoted...
Lattice is not only literally blind but she is also blind to any faults Needle may have. As far as the Engraver is concerned Needle is the best sister ever and will do anything and everything for her. Lattice literally doesn't keep score how much she does for Needle versus how much Needle does for her in turn. The Engraver unquestioningly does anything and everything for Needle's happiness and she will pretty much drop everything she's doing to attend to Needle's needs if called. Needle never bullied her sister to get this amount of devotion it is just how much Lattice loves her sister. Some might call it unhealthy but to her it is just a sister's love.

It is my fate....
Being a True Engraver she was treated and regarded as a bit different. The Elders are more strict with her and expect much more from her, the weight of the expectations she manages to bear with some strength but if she messes up or forgets to perform a minor daily ritual she tends to fret and unable to go on with her day until she is able to satisfy the required ritual. It is due to her station as a True Engraver that she is able to sometimes help Needle (and herself) to escape punishment at the hands of the Elders. Lattice doesn't really consider her condition to be a boon or a curse and she's alright with her natural blind state since she'd only be blinded in the future in order to become a full Engraver when she is of age. As of yet she doesn't seem to have an ego over being a True Engraver since there are a number of them within the clan.

There are tasks to be done!
It is easy to get her to zone in on a task when it is given to her, very little can drag her out of the task at hand especially if it needs to be finished by a certain time. She tends to work best in quiet with very little distraction around her though she isn't against soft music or singing. Lattice will probably even hum a little song as she works at her task just to keep her mind focused. If the task she must do is more physical than mental she isn't afraid of getting her hands dirty if that is what it takes to get the job done, she doesn't shy away from hard work. Thanks to this focus she is able to mix her inks with little issue as well as control the ink whenever she is working with it. If you want more focus? Add Needle to the mix but try not to threaten her Sister the work might be finished but you will also gain her ire and resentment.

Obedience with a small rebellious streak...!
She is obedient to people in authority and most of the time it is unquestioningly, unless she is told to do something that makes absolutely no sense or causes harm to herself (and her sister). Lattice will aim to please people in authority and give her all in the task provided to her, however, there is an occasional time where she might go against orders or even use loopholes against those in charge or if a loophole isn't found she goes completely against Authority (and sometimes feels horrible afterwards).

For whom the bell tolls...
Lattice can be pretty skittish at times though the behavior is magnified when she hears the sound of chiming bells. She associates the sound of bells to the sound of a ritual that her Clan does to disown ousted Engravers which she had to partake in when she was younger along side her sister. Ever since then the sound makes her rather frightened and if unable to escape the sound she will kneel down and pray or sing loudly to drown out the chiming of the bells. Loud noises in general also make Lattice a little scared because she associates the noise with Needle getting in trouble which often meant that Lattice was about to get punished for whatever Needle had done. Often times when she hears a loud sound Lattice will tense up and be unable to relax for a while.

She does have some hobbies!
The Engraver has a couple of hobbies of her own one of which include a deck of hadafuda cards she made herself a couple of years ago using colored inks she had bought from market one day to try and practice her art skill, she will probably ask many ghouls and boils to sit down and play a game of Koi-Koi with her if she gets up the courage to do so. Lattice loves tea, adores it even. She likes to brew and make her own teas sometimes mixing flavors to see what comes of it. Lattice is able to tell which tea is which by texture and scents most of the time but she hasn't quite perfected it yet. Sometimes Lattice likes to perform little tea ceremonies for her friends and her Sister, she finds them to be quite enjoyable.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:12 pm

Natural Ability_____

Inky Sight - Engravers have an ability in which they can see ink very clearly: Print, tattoos, and any other medium that can hold ink. The more a person or object is covered ink the better the Engraver can see it. The ability to see in ink is very important to them in their tattooing works.

FEAR_____

Projectile Pins (Swift Strike) - With a bit of concentration Lattice can summon a needle that is embedded into her person into her hand and then throw it with some accuracy. Once the needle hits a mark, whether it is unintended the mark or the intended mark, the needle will disappear only to reappear back in its former place upon her person. There is about a two minute wait time from when the needle hits a target to when it reappears back in place and it takes about two seconds for the needle to materialize from its place on the limb to her hand to where she can throw it. Thus if she expends all her ammunition at once in a short span of time she will be somewhat helpless until the needles return. Right now she can only throw one at a time with mediocre speed. Naturally she is a bit hindered by her 'sight' thus those with visible ink on them might find themselves being more of a target.

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:13 pm

Engraver Motto: "Suffer for beauty." / "Suffer for your art."

Engravers are a clan of tattoo artists that are mostly women. They specialize in giving important tattoos and clan tattoos. A 'True Engraver' is born blind but with the ability to clearly see ink, however they are given a mask that allows them to see very basic shapes (like looking around a dark room) until they can hone their FEAR enough to walk through things instead of into them. Some engravers are born with sight, and they are given masks to hinder their sight to the same level as a 'True Engraver'. In this way both types of Engravers can hone their skills and equally focus on the ink.

Spikes are awarded sort of like karate belts in that each time they surpass a level of skill they get a needle embedded into their arms.

At a certain age they are go through the 'Blinding of the Eyes' in which they are given their true masks and their eyes are then 'removed' through this ritual. It is highly painful but also considered to be a high honor, very few Engravers do not manage to go through the ritual - those that don't are often frowned upon or even disowned by the clan entirely.

Falling in love or seeking a relationship beyond what perhaps an Engraver Elder prescribes is frowned down upon. The only thing an Engraver should ever truly love is their art and their pain.

If an Engraver has broken too many rules or has somehow betrayed her clan the punishment is disown them and also cut off their arms. The punishment is done in manner of a ritual and includes the sounds of chimes. It is probably the worst thing they could do to an Engraver since it is the act of taking away a tool they once worked with.

Engravers usually make their own ink using the blood of the living and the blood of the (un)dead. All Engravers perceive ink as being a living entity and as such it has moods and emotions that they can understand and feel. A Master Engraver has complete control over the ink and can get it to do whatever the Master Engraver wants instead of what the ink wants. Some Engravers might do 'free hand' drawing before any tattooing to gain the ink's respect and cooperation while others are able to easily just force it to do what is needed.

Cameras that have flash are pretty much not allowed within the halls of the Engravers. The flash of a camera stuns an Engraver and also gives them some amount of pain because of the sudden introduction of bright light. Afterwards an Engraver might also be disoriented making it easy to take advantage of them. Cameras in general aren't even allowed mostly due to the Engravers being a private group.

Major Rituals___

+ Blinding of the Eyes - When an Engraver's eyes are finally ... removed via their true mask. It is highly painful, but viewed as a high honor and a coming of age event.
+ The Piercing Ritual - When an Engraver receives a new needle for achieving their next rank of skill.
+ Breaking of the Tool - It is a ritual or more like a sentence to some. The arms are rather painfully removed from the Engraver just before they are ejected from the clan. There is no way an Engraver can return to their clan after this is done. Chimes are often heard during this ritual in order to instill fear in the others who cannot directly witness the event. Young up-and-coming Engravers are often given the duty of tying the banished Engraver down and then have to witness the event in full.

Minor Rituals___

There are rituals that have no real name to them but they are observed. Engravers observe various daily rituals such as prayer and meditation, making their ink, and the way they do tattoos. They are important but since they are done at a fairly regular basis it is just a habit for them that they go through without much thought on the matter. Some Engravers have gotten to the point where they cannot continue their day unless a minor ritual is observed.

Note: The information above has been fitted to fit the TiH world setting and thus is a bit 'away' from the actual Engraver information provided by Fatal Frame III and other places that give information on this particular type of spirit. So really our Engravers were inspired by the Engravers from Fatal Frame. ^^

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:14 pm

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:15 pm

____Needle____
She is my Sister. My Twin. There is no one that
could ever take her place. She is more free spirited
than I but I admire that. I wish to be like her.

____Petro____
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
He is a good and dear friend to me.
I could not have asked for anyone more loyal than
Petro! He was my anchor when I needed him most.

____Hel____
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Hel is a very sweet ghoul and very
straightforward and yet temperamental it seems.
We find ourselves at odds right now. I wish to
apologize to her soon.

____Lizzy____
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Lizzy is a very wonderful and sweet ghoul.
I think she takes a bit much on her shoulders at
times. I find myself calm when around her. She is
very nurturing.

____Xiu____

____West____

____Mitsu____

____Mot____

____Riyo____

____Roch____

____Vaith____

____Pepin____

____Levi____

____Herryk____

____Shun____

____Charlie____

____Amrita____

____Andeon____

____Freya____

____Christof____

____Bea____

____Edelweiss____

____Vieve____

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:16 pm

01 | 02 | 03 | 04 | 05
06 | 07 | 08 | 09 | 10
11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15
16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20
21 | 22 | 23

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:17 pm

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:18 pm

Year One____

Letter to my Sister
Letter to my Sister II

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:20 pm

Year One____

After the FEARADOS Attack
Getting accustomed to the new...
Point of Interest
Sight for Sore Eyes
Tonight, we dine with Hel!
Watch out I might pierce your heart!
Do mauls have sales on awkward?
Where Are You?
Sweet Sibling Reunions
The Not-So-Mad Tea Party
Aww, he made me ink!
So, what is this...?
Hardcore
Ink and Fabric Together At Last!
I am not your lunch, am I?
All the Colors of the Win-Ink
What is the point in clothes?
Do not get tead off at me. : |
Careful. Vans are out there!
Lost in the Sound
Enjoying the Scenery
All that glitters is fur.
See no evil, speak no evil.
An Invitation for Tea
A Sunset in Grey

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:21 pm

Year One____

Human Studies 101
xx- Homework: Here!
xx- Turned In: Here!
xx- Extra Cred: Here!
Mad Science 101
xx- Project: Here!

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:22 pm

Growth Points 50/50

Art_______

Lattice headshot by Al ( +1 )
Lattice Chibi by InuMitsu ( +1 )
Lattice Chibi by Scyerline ( +1 )
Princess Lattice by Bitti ( +1 )
Lattice Chibi by Nekoluch ( +1 )

Regular RPs_______

~Y1~
After the FEARADOS Attack [L/N/P][FIN] ( +1 )
Getting accustomed to the new... [L/P][FIN] ( +1 )
Point of Interest [L/H][FIN] ( +1 )
Sight for Sore Eyes [L/L][FIN] ( +1 )
Tonight, we dine with Hel! [L/Others][WC: 852][INC] ( +1 )
Watch out I might pierce your heart! [L/X][FIN] ( +1 )
Do mauls have sales on awkward? [L/W][FIN] ( +1 )
Where Are You? [L/P][FIN] ( +1 )
Sweet Sibling Reunions [L/N][INC]
The Not-So-Mad Tea Party [L/M][FIN] ( +1 )
Aww, he made me ink! [L/M][FIN] ( +1 )
So, what is this...? [L/R][FIN] ( +1 )
Hardcore [L/R][FIN] ( +1 )
Ink and Fabric Together At Last! [L/L][FIN] ( +1 )
I am not your lunch, am I? [L/V][INC]
All the Colors of the Win-Ink [L/L][INC]
What is the point in clothes? [L/H][FIN] ( +1 )
Do not get tead off at me. : | [L/S][FIN] ( +1 )
Careful. Vans are out there! [L/C][INC]
Lost in the Sound [Sis/A][INC]
Enjoying the Scenery [L/A][INC]
All that glitters is fur. [L/F][FIN] ( +1 )
See no evil, speak no evil. [L/C][INC]
An Invitation for Tea [L/B][FIN] ( +1 )
A Sunset in Grey [Sis/H][INC]
Sorry means... [H/L][FIN] ( +1 )

Class RPs_______

~Y1~
Human Studies 101 ( +1 )
xx- Homework: Here! ( +1 )
xx- Turned In: Here!
xx- Extra Cred: Here! ( +1 )
Mad Science 101 ( +1 )
xx- Project: Solo! ( +1 )

Club RPs_______

Paranormal Post Signup ( +1 )

Mini Pets_______

~Y1~
[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] ( +1 )

Solos_______

~Y1~
Letter to my Sister ( +1 )
Letter to my Sister II ( +1 )

Battle!_______

Events_______

~Halloween Meta: 11pts~
Arrival (Cnt'd Abv)
Group 7 Rooms (Cnt'd Abv)
Brief Rest ( +1 )
Capture ( +1 )
Space (Cnt'd Abv)
Healing ( +1 )

Growth Points
You earn 1 point for every:
- One piece of fanart drawn OR commissioned by you for anything related to the shop. You can claim a maximum of 5 points per year this way.
- One complete RP; you must have written at least 800 words in that RP for it to count as a point.
- One complete classroom RP; you must have written at least 800 words in that RP for it to count as a point.
- One complete homework assignment for a class.
-----NOTE: For 'homework' that involves growing a minipet from a class, you must do an RP or solo (of at least 800 words) involving that pet to get a point. Merely growing the minipet does not count!
- Five minipets grown to their final stage. You get one point for every five minipets; you can claim a maximum of 5 points per year this way.
- One complete solo, at least 800 words long.

You earn 2 points for every:
- One complete battle RP; must have filled-out RP actions, not just dice rolls.

You may earn ??? points for:
- Special events run by GMs may have point prizes for participants; to claim these in your tally, make sure to link to the post where points were awarded.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:22 pm

Shop Concepts © Zoobey, Lizbot, & Marushii
Official Lattice Art © Inu-Mitsu (Y1), kurotomato (Y2)
Graphics & Layout © Pales
Fanart & Etc © Respective Artists

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

{ Dorms } ------------------------Personal Profiles/Journals Here

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas