Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Services

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili services, soquili, horse, fantasy breedables, native america 

Reply Feedback Forum
[S] 'Spotlights' are back. Nominate now! -help us!- Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should spotlight be brought back?
Yes
62%
 62%  [ 60 ]
No
17%
 17%  [ 17 ]
Maybe
19%
 19%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 96

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:43 am
edit by Sirenz - 8/28: Do you know a way we can get people to vote or nominate people to the spotlight? Maybe even a unique alternative to decide who wins the spotlight each month? Please help!!

As the title suggests.... BRING SPOTLIGHTS BACK! =D
I miss them XD

It was always so much fun to see all the soquili that had 'earned' a spotlight being showcased (and hearing about great teepee effort too!), and it gave a splash of variety and achivement to the store that I feel is missing at the moment.

I understand that staff are busy... but I thought there was a hiring or something a while back to get someone to do spotlights? I am sure the store could get any number of people to make a banner or three with the awarded soquili's head on if its a time issue thing.... I dunno =D

But from a none time-issue-perspective I think the store is missing something with spotlights being missing and it would be great to find some way to bring them back... even if it was once every two months rather than every month or something? Would be nice to see some variety in the banners on the front page again smile

Thanks for reading.
Sya  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:50 am
Ooh! i agree, i always look at the front page to see if anything has changed, i think it's a good reward for those people that really do their best to make their pets and teepee shine! :3

I suppose whenever staff gets the time it would be neat if that could be brought back again~  

[+Katch+]

Kawaii Hunter

Teh_Sil

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:53 am
The spotlights are pretty neat, but I don't really know how much work entails picking a spotlight winner. It seems like rather a lot of reading to do, if it's based off RPs.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:02 am
I agree *thumbsup*
It is always nice to have acknowledgment for those that work hard <3  

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:03 am
Teh_Sil
The spotlights are pretty neat, but I don't really know how much work entails picking a spotlight winner. It seems like rather a lot of reading to do, if it's based off RPs.
It used to be to be done on a nomination system, and then the staff would read the nominations and decide who was the most worthy.
I will admit it does mean that faviourtism can occur, and that those who really deserve it can be missed out from being nominated BUT I know that when I used to nominate I would spend time looking through teepees (of my friends and those I didn't know or know too well) and pick one that I liked the look at... and I would spy the RPs being done in the guild and see if there was a player giving a lot of effort and stuff for RP and then would pick them to be nominated for that month.

But yeah... it used to be done on a nomination bases.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:07 am
My dream was actually getting one of those spotlights when I first started coming to Soquili. I'm sure it was many other share that same dream. Spotlights were so different and fun for those who choose to be involved, and if we could bring it back I'm sure it'd make quite a few people happy. People who like some healthy competition. I hope that they'll return someday.

Marzipanz
Crew

Divine Nymph

10,625 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Signature Look 250

Teh_Sil

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:22 am
Oooh, okay. I always liked spotlights, though I guess I'm never relaly around enough to actually earn one. But it would be neat to bring it back, if we could get a few dedicated individuals who would nominate each month.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:37 am
Teh_Sil
Oooh, okay. I always liked spotlights, though I guess I'm never relaly around enough to actually earn one. But it would be neat to bring it back, if we could get a few dedicated individuals who would nominate each month.
Anyone can nominate smile it was done to one of the store mules. But I know what you were saying XD hehehe.
I just loved seeing all the different people getting awards smile  

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Team Jacob 100

vballlvr5

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:56 am
I love this idea! I miss the spotlights, not only to see a deserving owner be recognized but also it gives you an excuse to flip through lots of teepees of people you didn't know and could get to know.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:50 pm
Well if I remember correctly they stopped the spotlight because no one was entering entries in. Maybe it could be every three months, with entries open for the whole three months? A prize for the member who entered the winning pony or small raffle with the people who entered (Not telling of course who they entered) could push more people to look into entering others for the spotlight!

Pollack

Fashionable Mage

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:19 pm
I actually disagree with the whole.... raffle for a pet thing for nominating... unless it is done on a yearly bases with only one prize o.O
But generally I don't think there should be a reward for nominating someone, though I can see your point Poll...

I think the problem was that it wasn't always clear WHEN you could nominate someone, and so I think if they opened it up so that you can nominate someone any time after, say the 1st of the month until the three days before the end of the month or something WITHOUT needing permission from the store mule to PM whichever mule is used for spotlights, there may be more people trying... I know the few times I didn't nominate anyone was because I didn't see the message and the 'window' for nominations wasn't very long and I simply missed it.

SIDE NOTE:
I actually also liked the special self-nomination thing they did as a one off for Dec 2010.. though again I understand the problem with this, mainly that people don't like to nominate themselves or believe that someone is more worthy and so don't try. But it was a nice change (congrats Lady Eve XD for winning that by the way hehehe).  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:05 pm
Bring it back! Bring it back! bring it- bring it-bring it back!

Lol  

ProphetOfProfit

Profitable Prophet

Pollack

Fashionable Mage

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:00 pm
Come to think of it, I would think a pet every month would be over doing it. Maybe it could be more along the lines of maybe a familiar or a set amount of gold? Granted it's a bit silly to reward others for just nominating but in a way you are taking time out of your life to get a small reward to someone else for doing a good job.

That could work also. It was confusing at times when it was opened or not. If there was more a set time for the contest opening it would be a lot easier for people to enter. C:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:30 pm
I think this is a great idea! C: I know I used to enjoy reading through the spotlight-ed teepee every month.

Perhaps it could be set that nominations open up on say...the 25th and go through the 30th of every month. That way you have a set time every month that (theoretically) everyone knows about.

I'd love to see spotlights come back! <3  

That Artemis
Crew

Devoted Heckler

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:10 pm
=D I was thinking.... and another way to make sure everyone knows and remembers the dates they can PM nominations would be to have a small banner at the bottom of the first post, doesn't have to be anything special just simple and say something like....

"Don't forget to PM your spotlight nominations to ****
Betwee **** and **** every month"
Or something. XD

Just having it on the front page will help remind people, like I usually forget about the month stat question thread thing until I notice it being bumped up by someone else in the guild XD  
Feedback Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff