Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Services

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili services, soquili, horse, fantasy breedables, native america 

Reply Feedback Forum
[S] 'Spotlights' are back. Nominate now! -help us!- Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should spotlight be brought back?
Yes
62%
 62%  [ 60 ]
No
17%
 17%  [ 17 ]
Maybe
19%
 19%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 96

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:24 am
1) Number of votes: While I can understand and appreciate the whole "must have *** number of votes" part of me actually hates this XD, simply because maybe only one or two people have noticed a really cool RP by a not so known player and have posted them up.... and when you read their work your head just swoons or something? Their worth would be equal if not slightly greater than someone who has a lot more votes but actually didn't put quite so much effort in? However... I don't see a way around this.

2) Streamline form: I do believe there was one.... the mule would post it at the same time as the announcement to open the spotlight nominations up to the public. I think it was in three sections....
Female pet
Owner:
Nomination: Name and Link
Reason:
And then the same for Male pet and Teepee (Well the second part was just a link to the teepee but you get the picture).

Perhaps if it was simply a time issue having the nomination window opened from the start of every month (even without an announcement from the mule) to a week before the end would help, as more people may be able to find a little bit of time one day to find some characters and RP they like and then time to PM the nominations in (even if this doesn't happen on the same day).

3) Open nomination system: I can see a slight flaw with this... what happens if say 12 pets get 20 links straight away? Or what happens if it takes 20 months for one pet to get 20 nominations because they are voted for every month by the same person....? In my opinion the system just seems messy and I think it may actually open everything up to more problems than solutions.

4) Suggestion: What do you all think about a 'player/owner' spotlight. Maybe for someone who has been RPing lots of their characters and generally just trying to RP loads but maybe hasn't done enough in any one RP to be awarded a character spotlight?

@Cel: I can understand that XD *pokes the old fuddy-duddy* hehehe.

5) Uber Spotlight: I actually quite like this idea.... not sure why or how it would work but I do like the idea of a character or characters getting credit for a long plot or development that has been happening and continuing for a long time.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:45 pm
Heya Sya! I got a cool idea. You seem so passionate about this.. would you like to be in charge of the spotlight? You could make a spotlight-only mule account and votes sent there or whatever other way you think is best. The most votes option got the most votes in the poll I believe. You could add in people that you notice as well. You could even have your own Spotlight Committee that goes around looking at teepees and in the main thread to see who is doing a great job. I could send prizes to your mule and also ppl can donate prizes as well so there isn't a fixed thing that people get each month.  

Sirenz

Blessed Kin

11,825 Points
  • Striking Knight 150
  • Dragon Uprising 75
  • Energy Harvester 150

That Artemis
Crew

Devoted Heckler

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:19 am
^_^ That seems like a good idea Sisi (assuming Sya agrees to it, haha). I'd be first in line to volunteer to be on any sort of committee...I stalk everyone's teepees and rp's anyway! ...and neglect my own... .___.

<3  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:25 am
Wow.... thankies, that is huge honor. I have PMed you Sisi and since my playbook is messing up (still in hospital with only mobile internet) I don't want to retype it all.

Shall start thinking of the best way to go about things (got plenty of time to think at the moment) if anyone has any suggestions or offer of help feel free to PM or say so here like Spoof smile
All help appreciated *huggles*  

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Team Jacob 100

LOLTERNATIVE

Super Trash

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:33 am
/raises hand/ would love to help, too. :3  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:32 am
Ok, my hope is to get nominations up this month as soon as I can.
Would love a hand for the new spitlight mules outfit.... willing to pay 100k for the winning design, and willing to pay up to 100k for the outfit it's self (so please keep this in mind for all designs). You can pick male or female, animals/extra/outfit theme.... though it does need to be Natural native american style even if you add a twist or two. Would also love to get art of the winning mule to 'announce' the winners every month in the mules posts... willing to pay up to 150k for something cute (pm me if interested in being the artist). Outfit entries can be posted here please so everyone can see them and comment.
Thanks everyone!!  

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Team Jacob 100

Faid Shadowlight

Versatile Phantom

15,800 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Vanquished Angel 50
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:58 am
Syaoran-Puu
Ok, my hope is to get nominations up this month as soon as I can.
Would love a hand for the new spitlight mules outfit.... willing to pay 100k for the winning design, and willing to pay up to 100k for the outfit it's self (so please keep this in mind for all designs). You can pick male or female, animals/extra/outfit theme.... though it does need to be Natural native american style even if you add a twist or two. Would also love to get art of the winning mule to 'announce' the winners every month in the mules posts... willing to pay up to 150k for something cute (pm me if interested in being the artist). Outfit entries can be posted here please so everyone can see them and comment.
Thanks everyone!!

I'm willing to offer up loans from my extensive inventory for this if you want/need it.

I'd also like to try my hand at the artwork *shrugs* just cause I have felt like drawing more recently.

And I'm happy to help too ^_^ just lemme know what you want help with!  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:23 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I have an enchanted book already I believe....
What do you guys think?  

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Team Jacob 100

tefla

Enigmatic Star

19,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:52 am
Syaoran-Puu

What do you guys think?
I like.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:20 am
tefla
Syaoran-Puu

What do you guys think?
I like.

:3 Agreed, she's cute! I can maybe see if Flan would be willing to make something? (I will take care of the cost) edit: art that is...haha  

That Artemis
Crew

Devoted Heckler

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:26 am
That looks awesome - and I'd love to see the spotlights come back, it was always fun to go and snoop through the winning Teepee or read the winning Soq's RPs/plots.

Which I actually have a question - I'm not sure if you plan on doing the little award images for the winners still? My mare Pirata won the award for..I think it might have been one of the last spotlights done and while I saved the screenshot of her on the front page the ribbons/trophy images were never updated. If you guys are going to bring them back would it be possible to get a backdated trophy/ribbon image for her? Just for my teepee =-)  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:28 pm
JetAlmeara
That looks awesome - and I'd love to see the spotlights come back, it was always fun to go and snoop through the winning Teepee or read the winning Soq's RPs/plots.

Which I actually have a question - I'm not sure if you plan on doing the little award images for the winners still? My mare Pirata won the award for..I think it might have been one of the last spotlights done and while I saved the screenshot of her on the front page the ribbons/trophy images were never updated. If you guys are going to bring them back would it be possible to get a backdated trophy/ribbon image for her? Just for my teepee =-)
Depending on how far back it was you can find links to the awards on either page 1 or 2 of the main thread (thinks its 1) I know my win is still up there  

Faid Shadowlight

Versatile Phantom

15,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Vanquished Angel 50

Faid Shadowlight

Versatile Phantom

15,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Vanquished Angel 50
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:29 pm
Syaoran-Puu

What do you guys think?
Yup shes cute  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:39 pm
Syaoran-Puu

What do you guys think?

Love the Avi. Very nice job...

I've been stalking this thread since the beginning, and I must say that you are the perfect choice for spearheading something like this.

I am totally up to help out in any way you need. I tend to stalk the teepees quite often. smile

Looneytaz82

Romantic Lover

8,900 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Dressed Up 200
Feedback Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers