Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Services

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili services, soquili, horse, fantasy breedables, native america 

Reply Feedback Forum
[S] 'Spotlights' are back. Nominate now! -help us!- Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should spotlight be brought back?
Yes
62%
 62%  [ 60 ]
No
17%
 17%  [ 17 ]
Maybe
19%
 19%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 96

Faid Shadowlight

Versatile Phantom

15,800 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Vanquished Angel 50
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:20 am
Syaoran-Puu
Faid Shadowlight
Fling me a pm letting me know what if anything you need to borrow, I either have multiple of those items or don't use them much so it shouldn't be a problem.
Shall sort this out when gaia lets me get a trading pass for the mule =D
Until then going to focus on setting up the nominations for September smile
No worries ^_^ *will have to go looking for people to nominate*  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:40 am
Spotlight Nominations for September OPEN!

Nominations for September are open.
You can PM this mule any time until Tuesday 27th Septmeber (10am GMT), after this month nominations will automatically open at the start of the month and close on the 26th of the month... meaning you can PM the mule any time during that period with you nominations.

There are a few changes to nomination criteria, so please take a few moments to read the following before PMing. Things may change in the next few months as I work out the kinks and stuff, and if you have any problems/issue feel free to PM the mule or Syaoran-Puu with your concerns.

Spotlight nomination rules:
  • A nominated soquili MUST have taken part in at least one RP during that month. This RP should also show some sort of development, story or plot and not simply be one or two posts. The RP doesn't have to have been started in that month, we understand that it can take months to get really into a plot or RP.
  • You CAN nominate a soquili that has won a spotlight in a previous month, but you must feel they deserve the spotlight again before nominating them. They still must have an active RP for that month.
  • Please do not ask someone to nominate your soquili or teepee.
  • You may nominate pets/teepee that belong to the same owners, but you must feel they deserve to be spotlighted for all that you nomination them for.

[b][size=18][color=red]Nomination form:[/color][/b][/size]

[b][size=15]Male Soquili Spotlight[/b][/size]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Owner:[/b]
[b]Pet Cert Link:[/b]
[b]RP Link:[/b]
[b]Reason for Nominating:[/b]

[b][size=15]Female Soquili Spotlight[/b][/size]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Pet Cert Link:[/b]
[b]RP Link:[/b]

[b][size=15]Teepee Spotlight[/b][/size]
[b]Teepee Link:[/b]

soquili_spotlights

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:42 am
While nominating someone has suggested.....

Having a spotlight for a particular RP?

I suppose this leans more towards a player spotlight than a particular soquili/teepee.
So, I figured I would post it here and ask you all.... WHAT DO YOU THINK?  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:20 am
Something I thought of last night was to have a master list of those Soq and Teepee's that have won in the past just as a sort of reference. I think I saw a list somewhere at one point but I believe it was quite out of date. Only reason I suggest it is so people can see if a certain Soquili has won the award or not yet so to avoid nominating them again without a valid reason.

I'm glad to see the spotlights up and running again. As for having a spotlight for a certain RP, while it's an interesting idea I don't think it would be a good idea to add. I think keeping the spotlights at male, female and teepee is good enough. Besides if the RP they think if really great is current for the month could they not use that one when nominating that particular soquili? That particular RP may do a good job of showing off the development that a particular Soquili needs/should have in order to be nominated and win the spotlight so adding a new spotlight for a roleplay seems to me like adding yet another pet spotlight in a way.  

She-Ra of Etheria

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:16 am
When I set up the thread of spotlight information I will try and reserve a section for past winners... at least as many as I can find. May take a while to set up but will be added to my to do list =D

All nominated soquilis should be for a valid reason though, so it shouldn't make too much difference if a soquili did win more than once, though it would unlikely be two months in a row unless they had done something absolutley mindblowing o.O

------------------

Setting up an excel worksheet at the moment to keep track of current nominations.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:08 pm
I can't really explain a good reason why, but I don't think that having a single rp spotlight would be such a good idea. Just my thought and probably when I'm not tired and its not late I could tell you why I don't think its a good idea.  

Faid Shadowlight

Versatile Phantom

15,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Vanquished Angel 50

THE Jehan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:19 pm
-lurker jumping in here-

An RP spotlight wouldn't be bad, but it would certainly need some requirements. There are some RPs out there that are PAGES long, with quality posts the whole way through. They certainly deserve some recognition.
But you'd NEED to have prerequisites to keep people from nominating AIM logs or short, 2 page RPs with only a few sentences a post.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:59 am
Just because a rp is short or is a log from aim does not make it a bad rp. Not every part of a plot requires 10 pages of long text. I think limiting it to things like that could cut out people who enjoy rp but are not necessarly that good at it. length does not mean quality. Besides the soquili spotlight has a strong emphasis on rp already.  

Faid Shadowlight

Versatile Phantom

15,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Vanquished Angel 50

LOLTERNATIVE

Super Trash

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:30 am
Faid Shadowlight
Just because a rp is short or is a log from aim does not make it a bad rp. Not every part of a plot requires 10 pages of long text. I think limiting it to things like that could cut out people who enjoy rp but are not necessarly that good at it. length does not mean quality. Besides the soquili spotlight has a strong emphasis on rp already.

This!

(p.s. i love your avi)

Though, I think for now the best thing to do would be focusing on getting spotlights up and running properly again before adding more things in. Just my two cents. :3  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:32 am
LOLTERNATIVE
Faid Shadowlight

This!

(p.s. i love your avi)

Though, I think for now the best thing to do would be focusing on getting spotlights up and running properly again before adding more things in. Just my two cents. :3

Someone agreed with me eek ....

(Re Avi: Thank you ^_^)

Yes I agree actually, lets get things up and running for a few months before we add more spotlights, if we need/want them.  

Faid Shadowlight

Versatile Phantom

15,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Vanquished Angel 50
Feedback Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers