Blessed Fairy

10,500 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:09 pm
The Call of the Wild by Jack London.

i hate that story.
everyone dies in the end(but there's one story that the bad guy died)
and the story lines are too sad. mad

and also Alice Adventure through the Looking-Glass.

don't understand the story at all.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:12 am
The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain. I appreciate how great it's considered, but I just think it went on and on with no point (even thought that was Twain's technical point).

Thicker Than Water by Carla Jablonski. I didn't enjoy this book one little bit.  

anticupid16

Desirable Elocutionist

2A30128

Shameless Heckler

12,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:49 am
The Twilight saga and Evermore, for obvious reasons. The Dollanganger (Flowers in the Attic, Petals in the Wind, If There Be Thorns, and Seeds of Yesterday) series; I think Cathy brought a lot of that s**t on herself. And it drug on and on... Also, The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe bored me to death. Haven't touched it in ten years, and I won't even try the rest. The Chronicles of Prydian series bored me, too. The first was okay but it got old. Also, Tuesdays With Morrie. I was supposed to read that poor excuse of a book, but was so mind-numbing; no wonder I always slept in that class... x'D

@ anticupid16: On Huck Finn, I tried in fifth grade and dropped it like it was hot. Read it again (required reading) in eleventh and enjoyed it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:15 am
♭♮♯
Sleeping wonder lies to me, and the lies are sweet.

Shady-chan

Ugh, I agree on the Twilight books. However, I enjoyed Evermore. I refuse to read any of the other books in the series, though, because for me it should have (and did) end with the first book.

See, I'm in eleventh grade now and had to read Huck for this summer. I was probably the only person in my class who understood the dialect, so I had an easier time reading it, but it just didn't fascinate me.

♩♪♫♬
Music is sung with simple words, and simple words can save the world.

♯♮♭

anticupid16

Desirable Elocutionist

Gurotsuki

Scurvy Winner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:27 am
Twilight. And the House of Night.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:11 am
anticupid16
Ugh, I agree on the Twilight books. However, I enjoyed Evermore. I refuse to read any of the other books in the series, though, because for me it should have (and did) end with the first book.

See, I'm in eleventh grade now and had to read Huck for this summer. I was probably the only person in my class who understood the dialect, so I had an easier time reading it, but it just didn't fascinate me

Evermore was pretty much a ripoff of Twilight and New Moon with different names, powers and emo. Although the blood-sucking part made me laugh.
The only problem I have with Huck Finn - and this goes with any story that has this - is the boring, cliche explainations at the end.
"OH, AND THAT DEAD BODY WE SAW THERE? THAT WAS YOUR DAD." "OH, OKAY THEN." I hate when authors half-a** things.

2A30128

Shameless Heckler

12,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Partygoer 500

anticupid16

Desirable Elocutionist

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:13 am
♭♮♯

Shady-chan

Well, I personally disagree for Evermore, but we're both entitled to our opinions. I didn't like parts of it, because of the reasons you've given, so I understand where you're coming from.

Yeah, that ending was a little "-_-".

♩♪♫♬

♯♮♭

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:14 am
♭♮♯

My Distortion

Out of curiosity, as a fan, why didn't you enjoy the House of Night? And which of the books did you read?

♩♪♫♬

♯♮♭

anticupid16

Desirable Elocutionist

Gurotsuki

Scurvy Winner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:23 am
anticupid16

Well, I actually like the first three books. Zoey seems to become more and more riddikulus ridiculous after that. Like, everything sticks to her. I stopped reading it after the fifth book.

My favourite reads are rather boring. Classics (especially Sherlock Holmes and Charles Dickens' works), 120 Days of Sodom, o-Harry Potter and other crime/fantasy/regional myths/horror books I cannot remember.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:26 am
♭♮♯

My Distortion

I do agree that things get a little funky after Chosen. I was sad that Loren Blake died.... So sad.

I like Harry Potter, as well, and I love classics. Classic Literature is all I can stand sometimes, because of Twilight and all that.

♩♪♫♬

♯♮♭

anticupid16

Desirable Elocutionist

2A30128

Shameless Heckler

12,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:27 am
anticupid16
Well, I personally disagree for Evermore, but we're both entitled to our opinions. I didn't like parts of it, because of the reasons you've given, so I understand where you're coming from.

Yeah, that ending was a little "-_-".

I do, however, admit it was better-written than that Twilight series. The author at least didn't use words she clearly did not understand, or go on forever about how "hawt" the guy was. The Mary Sue-ness didn't bother me too much; what really annoyed me was the "lol my life sucks I'll go drink" part. And then there was the explanations... But the character development was nice. For some reason, though, my sister thought I liked the book and bought me the second for Christmas last year. gonk I think Riley came back in it, if I'm correct; that's just... asdfghjkl; No, you cannot do that.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:31 am
anticupid16

To be honest, Loren and Aphrodite are my favourite characters. Poor Loren. crying

Man, today I went to a book fair and guess what? The organiser was selling a lot of Twilight franchises. Sheesh. And fangirls there irritate me. scream

Gurotsuki

Scurvy Winner

anticupid16

Desirable Elocutionist

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:34 am
♭♮♯

Shady-chan

That was exactly why I refuse to read the next one. The book ended exactly how it should have, no add-ons needed.

My Distortion

Oh god, I am convinced had Loren lived, he'd have ditched Neferet for Zoey.
I think Twilight is infused with voodoo... Anne Rice was quoted as saying that "Twilight is a failure of the imagination." I thought that was funny.

♩♪♫♬

♯♮♭

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:42 am
Definitely the Twilight saga, can't believe I wasted my time on those books! crying  

Opalena

xena91388

Gambino Zealot

14,150 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:55 am
Where The Red Fern Grows - made me cry like a baby!

The Furries - Strange book about a male dominated future where women either live in the wild like Amazons and impregnate themselves with horse semen or are slaves of men and there is no such thing as heterosexual romance in this book. Found this travesty in my school library.

The Handmaiden's Tale - Also found in my school's library. This story is about a Nazi-esk male dominated future in the wake of an Islamic terrorist attack (published and read before 9/11) where women who can reproduce are slaves and women who can't are "inhuman". The plot is boring as hell too.

Beauty - The illegitimate offspring of Brothers Grimm, Soylent Green, and Jerry Springer. This story follows a girl named Beauty as she is kidnapped by time travelers while her look-alike half sister falls for the 100 year sleep. During the course of her journeys she is brutally raped and gives birth to Cinderella, who in turn gives birth to the mentally handicapped Snow White, who's son awakens Beauty's sister from her 100 year sleep and he then of course marries his great, great aunt.

Artemis Fowl and the Time Paradox - Horrible waste of my time! I was a big fan of the series until the piece of $#*% came out. I've honestly read better fan-fiction! Never have I seen a series part with so many plot holes and loose ends. I'm afraid to read The Atlantis Complex!

Chronicles of Narnia: The Last Battle The last in the CoN series, and covering the biblical Rapture, this book is the end-all. Narnians have stopped believing in Aslan and instead worship a false idol while they destroy the land. Aslan, deciding Narnia is done, destroys it and brings everyone to their final resting place, the sacred garden from The Magician's Nephew, and by everyone, I mean EVERYONE: Digory, Polly, Peter, Edmund, Eustace, Lucy, Jill and all the other Narnians from the previous books such as Caspian, Tumnus, and Reepacheep etc. . . Well everyone that is except Susan, who didn't get to go to heaven the sacred garden because she stopped believing in God Aslan. How did everyone get into Narnia again after Aslan said they couldn't? Train accident! I kid you not! Everyone is dead except for Susan. It's not a bad book really, and I know it trying to follow the bible's stories but come on!  
18. ✿ - - - Books

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff