Submit

emiri-chou

Fashionable Lunatic

12,125 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Nerd 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:58 am
I finally got my own copy of Jak II second hand really cheap and in good condition
but...
I CAN'T FIND THE FREAKING WIRE I NEED!
instead I found:
• TWO OF THE SAME WIRES I DON'T NEED
• 3 MEMORY CARDS
• TWO CONTROLLERS
• THE WIRE I NEED BUT FOR THE GAMECUBE
• A GAMECUBE MEMORY CARD
• MY IPOD
• MY PSP CHARGER
• AND 3 PLAYSTATION 2S
3!!!!!

I got a forune saying today was going to be a good day
at first it seemed to be
NOW IT FREAKING SUCKS!

anypoodle, do you guys like the Jak series?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:28 am
Oh don't get me started on the series xDD I love it to bits! Have ever since The Precursor Legacy... but I have to say that The Lost Frontier was a major dissipointment.
Here's to hoping for Jak on the PS3!  

ChibiLlama4

8,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

emiri-chou

Fashionable Lunatic

12,125 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:43 pm
ChibiLlama4
Oh don't get me started on the series xDD I love it to bits! Have ever since The Precursor Legacy... but I have to say that The Lost Frontier was a major dissipointment.

I love it!
my cousin had precursor legacy when I was little and I used to come round just to watch her play it XD
The lost frontier ruined it all
eco skill? what the effing crap?!
dark daxter? that just tipped it off the edge, I mean, I loved the bits you got to play as him on jak 3, dark daxte is just...eugh!
yeah! but I doubt my parents would let me get it
it's their ps3
still haven't found that damn cable!  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:54 pm
emiri-chou
ChibiLlama4

I love it!
my cousin had precursor legacy when I was little and I used to come round just to watch her play it XD
dark daxter? that just tipped it off the edge, I mean, I loved the bits you got to play as him on jak 3, dark daxte is just...eugh!
it's their ps3

If all else fails, the cables are easy to replace. As for Jak on the PS3, hijack theirs xD I bought my own over the years, and finally got one for all of the Ratchet and Clank games at least.
The Lost Frontier was easily the worst of the series. I can only think of ONE person I've met on the wide, wide internet that actually liked it. And it was someone who 1)Had never played the series before and 2)Was 6 years old and didn't know any better. I count myself in the group of fans that want a new game, one made by NAUGHTY DOG, and not another spinoff. They owe us that much after 6 years I think.  

ChibiLlama4

8,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

emiri-chou

Fashionable Lunatic

12,125 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:05 pm
ChibiLlama4
emiri-chou
ChibiLlama4

I love it!
it's their ps3

If all else fails, the cables are easy to replace. As for Jak on the PS3, hijack theirs xD I bought my own over the years, and finally got one for all of the Ratchet and Clank games at least.
The Lost Frontier was easily the worst of the series. I can only think of ONE person I've met on the wide, wide internet that actually liked it. And it was someone who 1)Had never played the series before and 2)Was 6 years old and didn't know any better. I count myself in the group of fans that want a new game, one made by NAUGHTY DOG, and not another spinoff. They owe us that much after 6 years I think.

if I can't find it I'll try and buy another
ratchet and clank ROCKS!!
my little sister is six and she DESPISED it!
more naughty dog please 3nodding
though ready at dawn didn't do a bad job on Daxter
I enjoyed it
tik DIED! he got SQUISHED
anyhoo I think the guy who wrote the story left BRING HIM BACK!
no wthat I think of it, if the guys at naughty dog hadn't lost contact with the guy who brought the idea in, it could have ended COMPLETELY differently....it's scary
I like sig, torn and daxer the most
I also have a thing for razer, he sounds funny XD  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:50 am
emiri-chou
ChibiLlama4
emiri-chou
ChibiLlama4

I love it!
it's their ps3

I enjoyed it
no wthat I think of it, if the guys at naughty dog hadn't lost contact with the guy who brought the idea in, it could have ended COMPLETELY differently....it's scary

Jason Rubin and Andy Gavin didn't write the Jak and Daxter series, but they directed it through the end of Jak 3. Afterwards, they both left to do their own thing... I think Jason Rubin does work on the XBox now. But the Naughty Dog staff haven't lost complete contact with either of them. I've actually had a few conversations with Jason over facebook on the matter xD
I think Sig is my favorite too. I used to have a crush on Daxter, back in the days of TPL though. xD Mostly his human form. (Yes, buck teeth and all!). Damas is pretty high on the list too... he was a fantastic character, I just wish they could've done more with him.

My main complaint with the series comes from Jak 3 though. In the previews, they promised fans that "Jaks story will finally come to a close, and that all of our questions would be answered." They lied on both counts. Not only did the Jak series continue (both with Jak X, and the spinoffs from other companies) but Jak 3 raised MORE questions than it did answers. Especially at the end of the game!
That, and why did they bring Erol back from the dead in Jak 3 as a deranged cyborg bent on the destruction of the planet? When he died in Jak II, he died out of rage towards JAK, for winning a race no doubt, and it wasn't rage towards the world. He returns in Jak 3, to destroy the world... why? That's not really explained. Why didn't they just use Veger as the main villain? I mean, a crazy religious man with the intent of saving the world... that's generally a good excuse for a villain. So why Erol? And most of all, why did I NEVER get to straight up PUNCH Erol in the face? I didn't want to just shoot at him. I wanted Jaks FIST, in his effing FACE.

Anyway. Done ranting. (Jak II was my favorite of the series, I like to think that most of Jak 3 and The Lost Frontier never happened...)  

ChibiLlama4

8,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

emiri-chou

Fashionable Lunatic

12,125 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:32 am
ChibiLlama4
emiri-chou
ChibiLlama4
emiri-chou
ChibiLlama4

I love it!
it's their ps3

I enjoyed it

Jason Rubin and Andy Gavin didn't write the Jak and Daxter series, but they directed it through the end of Jak 3. Afterwards, they both left to do their own thing... I think Jason Rubin does work on the XBox now. But the Naughty Dog staff haven't lost complete contact with either of them. I've actually had a few conversations with Jason over facebook on the matter xD
I think Sig is my favorite too. I used to have a crush on Daxter, back in the days of TPL though. xD Mostly his human form. (Yes, buck teeth and all!). Damas is pretty high on the list too... he was a fantastic character, I just wish they could've done more with him.

My main complaint with the series comes from Jak 3 though. In the previews, they promised fans that "Jaks story will finally come to a close, and that all of our questions would be answered." They lied on both counts. Not only did the Jak series continue (both with Jak X, and the spinoffs from other companies) but Jak 3 raised MORE questions than it did answers. Especially at the end of the game!
That, and why did they bring Erol back from the dead in Jak 3 as a deranged cyborg bent on the destruction of the planet? When he died in Jak II, he died out of rage towards JAK, for winning a race no doubt, and it wasn't rage towards the world. He returns in Jak 3, to destroy the world... why? That's not really explained. Why didn't they just use Veger as the main villain? I mean, a crazy religious man with the intent of saving the world... that's generally a good excuse for a villain. So why Erol? And most of all, why did I NEVER get to straight up PUNCH Erol in the face? I didn't want to just shoot at him. I wanted Jaks FIST, in his effing FACE.

Anyway. Done ranting. (Jak II was my favorite of the series, I like to think that most of Jak 3 and The Lost Frontier never happened...)

right
I dunno why but I wanna hug sig XD is weird, daxter's been a lifelong favourite of mine, he's just so damn funny XD

Erol! don't get me started!
he drove me CRAZY!
mainy cus my little sister obsessed about him
"wheres erol?"
"I don't know!"
"go find him!"
"I'm BUSY!"
"I wanna see erol!"
"you'll see him later!"
"I wanna see him now!"
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
luckily I convinced her to obsess about Torn instead lol
veger was funny I actually like him!
he got what he wanted
and then (one theory) kleiver ate him XD  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:18 pm
In times like this I thank God that my PS3 is backwards compatible. heart  

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

emiri-chou

Fashionable Lunatic

12,125 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:20 am
i found my canble biggrin celebrated by playing jak 2 all day XD
my little sister has some nicknames for sig
siggy-wiggy and sugarbabe XD both totally random
our ps3 plays ps1 games but not ps2 games XD  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:01 pm
I freakin grew up with this series... How can anyone not love it?!?

Illegitimate Princess

Intellectual Lunatic

emiri-chou

Fashionable Lunatic

12,125 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:21 am
kay2kay
I freakin grew up with this series... How can anyone not love it?!?

I know right?
any one who does not love Jak and his goatee can go jump out a window before I lob them out!
only thing that annoyed me were the time limits
they were not EXTREMELY tight time limits (they might have been, maybe I've just got MAD SKILLZ!) but I like to take my time, why punish players for taking their time?
gol and Maia MUST come back...somehow...trapped inside big damn dark eco crystal perhaps?
with zombies? I NEED my ZOMBIES!  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:13 am
I only just saw this thread, so I am a wee bit late XD

I loved Jak and Daxter! I have the 1st one I believe. I was so addicted to it, for such a long time. Finished it in one day redface  

M i n i R e d S t a r s

emiri-chou

Fashionable Lunatic

12,125 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:22 am
My_Red_Stars

I loved Jak and Daxter! I have the 1st one I believe. I was so addicted to it, for such a long time. Finished it in one day redface

the precursor legacy is AMAZING! one of the first videogames I got hooked onto, took me about a day...with several hot chocolate breaks, ad bathroom breaks XD  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:10 pm
emiri-chou
My_Red_Stars

the precursor legacy is AMAZING! one of the first videogames I got hooked onto, took me about a day...with several hot chocolate breaks, ad bathroom breaks XD

Thats the one! When I was younger me and my younger sister could never finish it, when I got older,I finished it. Seriously the most addicting game I have ever played.  

M i n i R e d S t a r s

emiri-chou

Fashionable Lunatic

12,125 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:59 am
My_Red_Stars
emiri-chou
My_Red_Stars

Thats the one! When I was younger me and my younger sister could never finish it, when I got older,I finished it. Seriously the most addicting game I have ever played.

pity it was too easy XD
then Jak II was TOO FRIGGING HARD!  
28. ✿ - - - Video Games

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas