Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:11 pm
"Well, it's not that much different really. Just, different shapes. And uh, somewhat less messy to eat in some cases," Rais responded, finishing placing the bowls on the table. Small talk, ugh...not his forte. He'd have plenty of time to practice at this rate.

"I brought some candied nuts as well. They're preserved in honey; also gives them a wonderful sweet flavor. If you'd rather have something else though? I mean, of course, you're free to let the cooks know. I'm sure they can accommodate your tastes.." He trailed off, glancing at his mate-to-be awkwardly, then scratched his neck, looking apologetic. "...sorry, still getting used to all this. Forgive the rambling."

He pulled two chairs over to the table, hesitating, then moving to hold one for Belvah. After they'd both settled in and set some brunch before them, he attempted conversation once more.

"So, err...how do you suppose we're supposed to go about this?" This wasn't supposed to be some rigid ceremony with set rules and guidelines, at least the whole 'getting to know one another' part. So honestly, Chieftain Rais was at a loss. Maybe it would be easier if it was; though that might be much less personal...which was supposed to be the point, wasn't it?

Why did a war council suddenly seem so much less intimidating?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:23 pm
She grinned a bit, it made sense to slice the fruits now that he explained it. Some were a bit messy to eat whole in general. "Candied nuts sound good."

A soft giggle escaped her lips when he finished rambling. "I don't mind your rambling Rais. I'm not exactly good at this either." She rubbed the back of her head, a soft blush tinting her features as she admitted it. Her grin stretched to a smile as he held the chair for her. The silvery female happily took the chair, and settled in.

"I'm... I'm not sure. I think talks like are a good thing?" She tilted her head to the side, looking up at him. That was kind of a less intimidating thought. "No matter how you look at it, we don't have much time to get to know one another before our wedding..." She frowned a bit. It really would be a challenge to get to know one another well enough in such a short period of time. "Perhaps I could accompany you throughout the day when you're not doing things you need to do alone?"

Dementia Requiem Asumi

Spoopy Enchantress

17,375 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Voter 100

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:01 am
It seemed like a logical suggestion, so Rais nodded. She was right, he had to admit. Their relationship, or at least the creation of it, had been put on the fast-track, due to outside circumstances. Maybe it wasn't fair, but it was what had to be done. Spending as much of the day together seemed the most likely way that they would begin to learn about each other.

"Of course. I don't foresee any need for private councils as of yet. We have general preparations to be made, food stores to check and replenish, roles to assign, training to be done," he ticked off items on his fingers. He looked back to the grey female with a smile. "Besides, as I recall, you came to us from...outside, am I right?" A number of 'wild brethren' had come to Laisidhiel with a strange, blue, female Faun. Rais regrettably had not had time during the ceremony to speak with her, or find out more about her origins, but he'd added that to the list of tasks he needed to accomplish in the coming days. The Faun that had accompanied her had come in a variety of colors and markings, but many seemed to resemble wild animals in appearance. Some even sporting unique antler shapes. Hence, they'd come to be referred to as 'wild brethren', at least in Rais' mind. They were all still Faun, and they'd come home, which was all that had mattered.

His own wife-to-be was one of these Faun. He didn't even know her history, where she'd come from, and yet, they were to be bonded. Yes, there was much yet for the pair to learn about each other. For now, he smiled again, then as a second thought, reached across the table for her hand. "These are your people too now, Belvah. You'll accompany me throughout the day, meet the others, and get to know your new family here in Laisidhiel."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:51 pm
Belvah blushed a bit, glad he agreed with her suggestion. It made sense at least, as a good way to not only get to know one another, but to let her get to know the rest of the faun inside the tree. "That's a long list of things to prepare for. You were planning on doing it all alone?"

"Yes, I came here with Artemis and her friends." she smiled, rather fond of the woman she had followed here. She would have to remember to thank her later. If it weren't for the strange blue faun, Belvah never would have met her mate to be.

The female was more than glad to hold his hand, blushing more at his words. Seems she was going to pass out from blushing around him. "Thank you Rais. I can't wait to get to know you better~"

Dementia Requiem Asumi

Spoopy Enchantress

17,375 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Voter 100

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:25 pm
Rais made a note to ask her more about the mysterious 'Artemis' and her group later, as well as her history with them. While they were trying to get to know each other, he felt that that story at least might wait until later. For now, he was just starting to relax a bit, obvious as he chuckled and leaned forward over the table, as if sharing a secret with his betrothed. "No, that's one of the perks of being Chief. I get to assign other Faun to take care of these things for me. I just supervise." He shared with her a youthful grin touched by mischief. Not an expression often seen on the stern Chieftain's face; at least not by his people, not since taking his lofty position as their leader.

Then, he patted her hand lightly with his free hand. "Relax, my dear. I know things feel rushed, but there will be time enough still to get to know one another. We'll make this work. In the meantime, we'll spend some time with our people, just so you don't get sick of being stuck with me too soon." He chuckled again at his own expense, hoping she might relax as well. Even the wife of the chieftain was a highly honored position. She would need to learn to carry herself with dignity and respect, especially when dealing with official matters within the Tree. No time to be a nervous, blushing, stammering, unsure young lady anymore. Belvah would be a leader for the women of the Faun, as Rais was leader of them all.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:31 am
She grinned, "That sounds like it would be a lot easier then." The female nodded, she was impressed he was able to manage all of that. Added with that smile.. It just looked so natural on his face. She hopped to see much more of that smile.

"It will be alright. Wonderful even~" Belvah nodded, settling herself to the idea of getting to know him slowly. She still did want to know him better, but they had ages for that. He was right, she would need to get to know their people too. That would be harder than her betrothal to Rais.

"I'm going to need to shape up a bit aren't I?" She asked, tilted her head a bit. If he was the Chieftain, she would need to present herself as a well behaved and proper woman when they were under the eyes of the public.

Dementia Requiem Asumi

Spoopy Enchantress

17,375 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Voter 100

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:05 am
Rais paused for a moment to consider her meaning before answering. "Well, you will have your own responsibilities as my wife, it is true. And I'm sure my mother will go over those with you in more detail later. For the most part, however, you will be leader and role model to the female Fauns who make their home here in Laisidhiel. Guide them, counsel them, and be a good example for them." She had already proven herself to be smart, resourceful, and determined, or else she would not be here. For whatever doubts he may have had in the beginning, he'd seen enough during the choosing ceremony to know that the Earth had found him the best match possible.

"In public," he continued with a nod, "we present a unified front for all important decisions. You will support me and stand at my side." That was the easy part, as far as he was concerned. Both in act, and in his explaining. He hesitated just a bit before continuing, keeping his expression from slipping back to awkwardness. "And, of course, err...when the time comes...later on, I mean...you'll...bear my children. And raise them to be wise, strong young men and sweet, kindly young ladies. One day, one of my sons may take my place, and it will be you we have to thank for providing the Faun with a strong, capable leader." He'd hurried a bit through the part about having his children, if only because it was strange yet to think of doing more than sleeping in the same bed with this virtual stranger. And yet, the thought of strong sons, one day in the future, sharing his and Belvah's best traits, well...it created a warm feeling of pride within the Chieftain's chest.

"I'm not asking you to change yourself, Belvah. You are here, because you have proven your merits already. You just have a bit more responsibility now than I'm sure you're used to carrying," he smiled at her again. "I'm sure you'll be just fine."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:09 pm
"So.. I'll be like I normally am around others then?" She tilted her head, looking at him. She would have to make sure to help the other females of the clan then. That was going to be a nice bit of a challenge for her. She wasn't the best at helping others.

Belvah smiled. She was aware that she was meant to produce children for him. A son as quickly as possible. "I like everything you're saying Rais. Well.. Almost everything." The silvery female nodded. Their children wouldn't be simply his. They would belong to both of them. "It's not just your children. It's our children I'll bare. And we'll raise them right. To be as strong as their father." She gently patted her stomach. Soon enough she would have little ones inside it. A bit of a frightening thought when she concentrated on it. The stretch marks, the fat, the cravings. Oh it was going to be ball...

Right, onto other subjects. She shouldn't concentrate on what children were going to do to her figure. "It's a lot more responsibilty than I'm used to. But if you can do it, so can I." She resigned herself to making sure she could do everything she possibly could to make this work. It sounded like a lot, but somewhere inside, the silvery female knew she'd be able to handle it.

Dementia Requiem Asumi

Spoopy Enchantress

17,375 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Voter 100
:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers