Welcome to Gaia! ::

The LGBT Guild

Back to Guilds

This is a guild for all sexual orientation equality supporters to chat and feel welcomed. 

Tags: Homosexual, Bisexual, Transgender, Genderqueer 

Reply Help and Advice
First public crossdressing?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bipolar Support Mule

8,800 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:05 am
User Image

Hello. I am a seventeen year old, gender queer biological girl. No I am not a FTM, or a cross dress. I love both the Transsexuals and the Cross-dressers, but i'm more in the middle.

I am quite confused about my gender identity, which is a different topic I'd rather talk in private about if you would like to know/help.

Any-who the advice I came to seek, I haven't really told my friends(or anyone really) that I don't consider myself a girl(completely). I really want to have a normal life where, some days I can cross dress, and other days I can flaunt my girlyness. Is anyone else out there feel like me? At all? Or am I just a freak?

Also, I really want to know how can I tell my friends? They are all fans or part of the LGBT community so I know it won't be a big deal, but it still scares me.
How do I just magically appear to be a boy one day? I know, people do it but I want people to take me seriously and not think I'm just doing it for fun as a one-day thing.
How do I handle reactions to my cross-dressing? And also, binding tips are needed!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:40 am
Many folks feel like you, don't worry smile
I'm unsure of your current location or it's environment, but here we have a great feminist community here that puts on drag shows where you actually get to play with gender norms and stereotypes (ie. women cna dress like women or man or whichever they like and perform little skits or songs) and I thinmt hat woudl be a fantastic way for you to try playing with gender roles.

Another way is perhaps try outfits that bring out more of a "maculine" or "feminine" or whatnot side of you. For example, jean vest one day versus a skirt another day or whichever. Regardless, talk to trans and genderqueer folks in your area to ask them for advice as they may know your area and yourself better than I do.

As for telling your friends, it's always intimidating, even if you are positive they will accept you. No matter what way you decide to tell them, they will be accepting and supportive of you and how you wish to be.

As for reactions, simply tell people about how gender roles are oppressive and it;s your body and yours alone and you can identify anyway you want. Gender isn't just male or female. Gender is a fluid spectrum that encompasses male and female and more.

Gordums

loveless_in_hell

7,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:45 pm
Dude I know how you feel. Keep having that issue for years so your not alone.

Some of my friends know I like dressing like a boy, (hell dressed like one now.) but went in depth with some. One is like me so we talk it like a normal conversation. The other is completely fine with it but we don't talk about it for some reason. I know if it came up in a serious conversation we would.
So if you want to tell someone start off with the people you trust a lot.
Or show up dressed as a boy to see there reactions, don't do it once just keep it up and act like it's normal.
Or build up to in a conversation.
And remember: Being scared is normal. And wanting people you care for know this take courage. As for reactions, if it's bad, they weren't worth your trust or friendship. If it's good then alright.
Somewhere in the middle, gotta let them know that your serious and that that is who you are. And that you trust them with your telling them.

Oh and one last thing, no matter the out come remember this: Everything happens for a reason.

Hope that helps. heart  
Help and Advice

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff