Tales of...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

rahna
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:19 pm
Now originally, this was going to be a thread for Tales of Symphonia. But many a person has played more than just that. So discuss the games all you Tales fans!!

I heard of Tales of Symphonia first, and after much "researching",reading of manga, and debating...I finally decided to order the game.

It's one of the few things that I don't think I will ever regret. I haven't gotten to the Seal of Fire yet, (still leveling up and beating Botta took FOREVER) but I'll make it eventually!!

xd I loves me a classic RPG, yes I do.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:59 pm
Y'know, it's sad that I have to rely on myself to keep this thread going. -sigh-

Franky and Mirai ought to post here, they're the only other Tales fans I know that belong to this guild!
But do they even know this thread exists...?

AHEM., anyway. I actually beat Tales of Symphonia over a month ago. It took me a day shy of 7 months (164 hours and 17 minutes, if I'm not mistaken) to do it, but I managed!
It's the only game (not counting Pokemon) that I've beaten on my own, with nobody to play for me when things got tough.

I'm so &$%@# proud of myself.

I'm playing the sequel now (which is not as bad is the fans say it is.
Still, boo the Kratos replacement. BOOOOOO!!!)
I do, admittedly, have some beef with the main character's clothes. But then, so would you if you saw them. I do NOT, however, have beef with the characters themselves. I love Emil (he's really growing up) and Marta is plenty likable in her own right.

-twiddles thumbs-

I'm also playing Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology on the side. That hasn't gotten very far (kinda stuck in Hallowed Bastion and I'm too weak to survive many battles. But if I back out, I won't be able to get ANY team members, and it was hard enough getting Reid and Lloyd to join me!

-rants-
Still though, good game.

I would very much like to get Tales of the Abyss. Our PS2 is bordering on "decrepit", but it still works. 'Sides, no one's used it in absolute ages. I just need to finish Dawn before ordering TotA...and keep money set aside for that Colette cosplay I want.

rahna
Vice Captain

rahna
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:11 pm
I. Hate. You. ALL.

Why am I the only one to post in this thread, WHY?! crying It feels so...lonely.

Since my last post, almost a...year ago, wow. Yeah, since that post, I've beaten the game two more times, got a helluva lot of titles, kinda had to re-do almost the ENTIRE FUDGING GAME in my 3rd playthrough when I saved over my file with that of my nephew's.

Took me a little less than 3 weeks to catch up, there were several 6 hour play sessions involved with that...

I do have Abyss now, and it's taking...forever. I did some heavy duty grinding before finding my way to the Cheagle Woods (why do we get such scrap exp.? Seriously, 8 points per battle? That's just mean.) I'm now resting in Kaitzur, attempting to do some more grinding before going back to Choral Castle and beating the shiznit out of Arietta. I'MMA KEEL YOU PINKY.

Radiant Mythology...still stuck there. But I found out how to pull the map up and where the door is, so now all that's left is to find the key and that quest will be done. After that, it's leveling up until the cows come home!

I also have Tales of Vesperia now. heart It's been a lot of fun. Our 360 goes away in April, so I have until then to beat it. Kinda at a standstill now in the Shaikos ruins. We beat that giant stone guardian thing, but it took more effort than I'd like and everyone kept DYING. So, back to the toughest area I could find to start grinding again.

I can't play again until my brother comes home...he took the console with him. At least I can amuse myself with yet another go-through of Symphonia in the meantime.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:41 am
Did I mention I'd managed to get my two elder nephews into the Tales series?

No? Cause I did~ The oldest is steadily working his way through Symphonia (albeit he only gets to play when they come to visit, and that's only once a week).

He keeps showing me up at my own game by being faster at the boss fights...little monster.

Well I've gotten to play more Vesperia as of late... I left the Shaikos ruins, again, and made my way to the next area. Ehmead Hill is very pretty and nice to climb, but that monster from Halure creamed me. It rolled me up into a snug little ball, played catch with it's cub, slammed my face into the ground, and spread my remains over the dirt like jam for afternoon tea.

I didn't go back for a while.

But when I did (now level 29), I went back and kicked it's tail. Sure a few life bottles were used in the process, a couple gels...BUT I DID IT.
I'm in Torim now, super stoked to explore the next continent! WEEEEE!!!

I finally found Flynn. Oh gosh I am so happy. heart

rahna
Vice Captain

VIDEOGAMES/MUSIC

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas