Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
What happens when I'm alone for a long weekend

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

:)
  :)
  These smiley faces just look creepy to me.
View Results

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:49 pm
I watched the first three seasons of new Doctor Who, rewatched several episodes of Queer as Folk and all nine episodes of Young Justice, and started on Firefly up til like mid-season.

I feel like I'm so behind on the Doctor Who and Firefly obsession.
(Though I still only mildly like Ten. I know this is blasphemy to most. Nine and Eleven are superior in my eyes.)

Though I'm now out of TV shows I have to watch. I tried the Dresden Files but the first episode didn't catch my interest, and I can watch the rest of Firefly without my roommate unless I want to invoke her wrath (I could take her... unless she decided to get physical then I think I would be dead).

I may be one of those people that will watch a show obsessively until I reach the end of the episodes. Then I turn out of s**t to watch. Movies are as awesome to me as TV.

Anyone have any awesome TV shows they want to recommend me? Something even average would be fine. That might actually mean I don't watch it for 5+ hours straight since I do actually need to read like the wind this weekend.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:00 am
Omg, you had never seen Firefly?!

If you like funny obnoxious kind of animations, I totally recommend Archer. I think it's hilarious, but that's just me.  

de.Lici.ous
Crew

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:49 am
No. I heard about it from like everyone, but I thought it would be like this heavy drama, somewhat like Stargate Universe or Battlestar Galactica. I just didn't want to get into something like that at the moments I thought about it.

Obviously, now I know it isn't a heavy drama. XD  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:11 am
You should try out Red Dwarf! It's a British comedy set in the future on board a deep space vessel. I think they're brilliantly funny xD  

scrub
Crew

AquilaLiberum

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:20 pm
scrub
You should try out Red Dwarf! It's a British comedy set in the future on board a deep space vessel. I think they're brilliantly funny xD

I approve of this recommendation -sings the theme tune-  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:29 pm
Aquila15
scrub

+1 XD  

Szen
Vice Captain

6,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Sebastian Kierrn

Enduring Sex Symbol

8,350 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:59 pm
If you've watched Doctor Who, I would recommend Torchwood. While I've never actually seen the series, the person who got me interested in Doctor Who told me around 3rd season I should start watching Torchwood as well. Also, if you rearrange the letters in Doctor Who, you get torchwood.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:41 am
Szen
Aquila15
scrub

+1 XD
You guys win xD

It's cold outside, there's no kind of atmosphere, I'm all alone, more or less...  

scrub
Crew

AquilaLiberum

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:02 am
scrub
Szen
Aquila15
scrub

+1 XD
You guys win xD

It's cold outside, there's no kind of atmosphere, I'm all alone, more or less...

"Let me fly, far away from here! Fun, fun fun, in the sun sun sun!"

DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:44 am
Aquila15
scrub
Szen
Aquila15
scrub

+1 XD
You guys win xD

DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN

God your a bunch of smegs.  

Mosher117

Generous Receiver

7,200 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0

scrub
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:22 pm
Mosher117
Aquila15
scrub
Szen
Aquila15
scrub

+1 XD
You guys win xD

DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN

God your a bunch of smegs.
xDD

Speaks volumes for a series when everyone can reference it razz
Every time someone says "So what is it?" I think it my head "...a white hole" it also now amuses me when ever I'm asked if I want any toast. xD  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:40 am
One of the things that always stuck with me was when Rimmer and Lister swapped bodies, and he said Lister practically "sweated curry sauce".
That, and the bit where they shrink the ship and it flies up the rat's a**, causing it to fly along the ventilation shaft xd  

AquilaLiberum

Szen
Vice Captain

6,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:16 am
scrub
Every time someone says "So what is it?" I think it my head "...a white hole" it also now amuses me when ever I'm asked if I want any toast. xD
XD

I think... "Oh, a magic door! Well, why didn't you say?"  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:21 pm
I particularly like the ones where Ace Rimmer makes an appearance. What a guy!
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

scrub
Crew

The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces