Reply 08. ✿ - - - All Around The World News
September 11- 10 Year Anniversary Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

buckwolvhoosier

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:59 am
Wow! I cannot believe it has been 10 years since 9/11! I can vividly remember where I was when the attack happened. I was in 4th grade and we were in the middle of a math assignment. Another 4th grade teacher came running into my classroom telling my teacher to turn on the TV. When I saw the images of the attack, I was unsure what to think. Some people in my class thought it was a movie, but we were told that it was not-it was real life.

There was a boy in my class who had had family in New York and he was very scared. I have always been a compassionate person, so I was almost in tears-it was just awful. We left the TV on for the rest of the day, the second plane hitting the WTC before we were about to resume class again.

Tomorrow, I am going to have a Moment of Silence to remember all those innocent lives lost. Let us honor those who risked their lives to try to save others. I am asking that you join me in this Moment of Silence and to tell your stories regarding 9/11. Did you lose a loved one? Know anyone who survived? Do you even remember where you were when 9/11 happened, or if you do not remember, when did you learn about the attack?  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:36 am
T__T

My dad's birthday is 9/11. I had stayed home from school that day to help my mom and little brother get the house ready for my dad's surprise birthday party....

It's safe to say that it's the worst birthday of my dad's life.
and although it's been so many years. I think my dad still remembers the attack and all the people who died and it keeps like a shadow over his happiness on his birthday. It was reaaally hard for him to celebrate on 9/11 when everyone else was mourning. I don't remember him having a party for the next few years : (

jesusgirl115

Dangerous Friend

8,050 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

buckwolvhoosier

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:44 am
jesusgirl115
T__T

My dad's birthday is 9/11. I had stayed home from school that day to help my mom and little brother get the house ready for my dad's surprise birthday party....

It's safe to say that it's the worst birthday of my dad's life.
and although it's been so many years. I think my dad still remembers the attack and all the people who died and it keeps like a shadow over his happiness on his birthday. It was reaaally hard for him to celebrate on 9/11 when everyone else was mourning. I don't remember him having a party for the next few years : (

Aww, Happy Birthday to your dad, but that would be a sad day to have a birthday on. It would be like there is a storm cloud over your head when it should be a rainbow. =/  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:02 am
I didn't do much on the day of 9/11. I pretty much stayed at my gran and grandad's and watched the news in utter horror.
We all couldn't believe what happened to the poor Americans.  

K i m z y

Cold Snowflake

loudpurplewolf

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:24 am
When the events of 9/11 happened, a family member of mine was working there. A firefighter was carrying her out of the building, and everyone was rushing to get out. Her arm got caught on something, and the force of the people pushing to get out ripped her arm off. Also, another family member owned a dance studio a few blocks away from the twin towers. Thankfully they are both okay.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:21 am
I was only 6 or 7 and I was asleep in Ohio, unaware of the events. I didn't even know about it till I turned 9.

But what I must say is, everyone cares about who died in 9/11 but what about the kids and wives or husbands who lose someone in the war happening now? No one interviews them, has big news showings about them, it seems as like no one cares.  

Nerdy Lullaby

Lonely Phantom

x-Rainbow_Alpacaz-x

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:21 pm
I was in Kindergarten. We didn't have Televisions or anything like that, so we remained oblivious. I also didn't know about it until I was seven. But I do remember that on that day as my mom got ready to take us to school, and we were waiting in the car, when she came out she looked so sad. I'm sure she had seen it...

I mean, they used to have movies about 9/11, but now, the politics seem more important them. It kind of makes me mad. Like, HELLO? Tons of people died. No one cares about the Governor at this time. At least I don't. I'd rather we honor the fallen on the 11th.. I agree with Goodbye_Lullaby. It does seem like no one cares..  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:16 am
K i m z y
I didn't do much on the day of 9/11. I pretty much stayed at my gran and grandad's and watched the news in utter horror.

So you are not an American? Where are you from if I may ask? It was a very tragic day and my heart goes out to all those families who lost loved ones.  

buckwolvhoosier

buckwolvhoosier

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:18 am
loudpurplewolf
When the events of 9/11 happened, a family member of mine was working there. A firefighter was carrying her out of the building, and everyone was rushing to get out. Her arm got caught on something, and the force of the people pushing to get out ripped her arm off. Also, another family member owned a dance studio a few blocks away from the twin towers. Thankfully they are both okay.

OMG!!! Those details made me cringe and almost cry. I am SO sorry what happened to your family members, but I am glad they both survived.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:20 am
Goodbye_Lullaby
I was only 6 or 7 and I was asleep in Ohio, unaware of the events. I didn't even know about it till I turned 9.

But what I must say is, everyone cares about who died in 9/11 but what about the kids and wives or husbands who lose someone in the war happening now? No one interviews them, has big news showings about them, it seems as like no one cares.

I disagree, where I live, we have a lot of news about the war. We hear quite often about the families who lost a loved one and we honor them respectively.

Many of us do care, but I think a lot of us try not to think about such things because it is really sad.  

buckwolvhoosier

buckwolvhoosier

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:24 am
x-Rainbow_Alpacaz-x
I was in Kindergarten. We didn't have Televisions or anything like that, so we remained oblivious. I also didn't know about it until I was seven. But I do remember that on that day as my mom got ready to take us to school, and we were waiting in the car, when she came out she looked so sad. I'm sure she had seen it...

I mean, they used to have movies about 9/11, but now, the politics seem more important them. It kind of makes me mad. Like, HELLO? Tons of people died. No one cares about the Governor at this time. At least I don't. I'd rather we honor the fallen on the 11th.. I agree with Goodbye_Lullaby. It does seem like no one cares..

That is very interesting viewpoint. I do not care about the politics much either. (I mean I do care, but I don't either...does that makes sense?)

Is there a way you two can further upon why you think no one cares? I happen to be a caring person, and I have not seen people not care about what is going on in the Middle East. So many people want the war to end-it is pretty much like another Vietnam.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:47 am
buckwolvhoosier
K i m z y

So you are not an American? Where are you from if I may ask? It was a very tragic day and my heart goes out to all those families who lost loved ones.

I come from the United Kingdom.  

K i m z y

Cold Snowflake

Gurotsuki

Scurvy Winner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:49 am
I was like 5 and in kindergarten back in 2001. Yeah, time flies.

All I can remember is at September 12, mom told me that two buildings were crashed by two planes by terrorists. A lot of people died. And then dad brought back a newspaper, the headlines has a photo of the scene. Inside the papers were photos of people crying, and bin Laden. A few hours later my cousin phoned us. He was terrified. I have not much of feeling that time.

I felt very sorry for them, and wondered why did the terrorists did such stupid things. I mean by stupid is the terrorists die too Px. Oh and, our country even closed off two days for defense.

I still feel very bad and sorry now.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:08 am
K i m z y
buckwolvhoosier
K i m z y

I come from the United Kingdom.

All right. I always like hearing how people from other countries feel about this even, so thanks for your input ^^  

buckwolvhoosier

buckwolvhoosier

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:11 am
My Distortion
I was like 5 and in kindergarten back in 2001. Yeah, time flies.

All I can remember is at September 12, mom told me that two buildings were crashed by two planes by terrorists. A lot of people died. And then dad brought back a newspaper, the headlines has a photo of the scene. Inside the papers were photos of people crying, and bin Laden. A few hours later my cousin phoned us. He was terrified. I have not much of feeling that time.

I felt very sorry for them, and wondered why did the terrorists did such stupid things. I mean by stupid is the terrorists die too Px. Oh and, our country even closed off two days for defense.

I still feel very bad and sorry now.

Yeah, I was pretty much like why would someone do something like that? It was a scary thought to think that America was hated by some groups of people. Now that I am older, I understand so much more, but back then, I was so innocent of the world and that event really awakened me to view the world differently.  
08. ✿ - - - All Around The World News

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff