Reply 16. ✿ - - - Food, Cooking & Baking
Cake Decorating

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

buckwolvhoosier

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:29 am
I have a hobby of cake decorating and I was wondering what you girls think of the cakes I have made. I have had no formal training and all have been done by freehand. I do not have the "essential" cake decorating tools, so I am left with butter knives, frosting tubes and tips, and plastic bags. With what I have been given and my ability to decorate cakes without training, do you think I have the potential to become a great cake decorator?

Here are the cakes I have decorated:

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:35 am
Seeing you have limited tools, I'd say those are all really good!
Be my cake decorator? *Lol jk, but you are really awesome!!* biggrin  

Ultra Kitty Girl

8,400 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Survivor 150

buckwolvhoosier

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:41 am
Ultra Kitty Girl
Seeing you have limited tools, I'd say those are all really good!
Be my cake decorator? *Lol jk, but you are really awesome!!* biggrin

Thanks ^^ I am hopping to take a class one day and work with fondant and such ^^  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:30 am
Wow those are amazing!

Harmonical Melodies

Hallowed Lunatic

13,700 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Battle: Knight 100

fawn freckles

Anxious Bookworm

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:36 am

Those cakes are really great! And, homg, look so tasty. *drools*
You certainly have the ability for cake decorating. What are you waiting for to take classes? They are so much fun and there is so much to learn!
I was taking a pastry course at a nearby town and I learned so many things but I haven't had the chance to show it to the world because I'm quite limited when it comes to materials. sweatdrop Some day, though, some day.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:22 am
mmmm they look so yummy! Nice work!

Maybe your school will have a home ec class with baking (my high school did), or a local store will run a few classes (Michael's seems to do that). You should definitely look into it! And if you're looking for a job in the field, although not glamorous, maybe a grocery store's bakery department would hire you for cake decorating, or you could apprentice/work at a smaller local bakery. Just keep at it, and learning as much as you can. Perhaps asking for different tips and books etc for holidays/presents might help, too.  

Eleryth

10,050 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Signature Look 250

buckwolvhoosier

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:58 am
Eleryth
mmmm they look so yummy! Nice work!

Maybe your school will have a home ec class with baking (my high school did), or a local store will run a few classes (Michael's seems to do that). You should definitely look into it! And if you're looking for a job in the field, although not glamorous, maybe a grocery store's bakery department would hire you for cake decorating, or you could apprentice/work at a smaller local bakery. Just keep at it, and learning as much as you can. Perhaps asking for different tips and books etc for holidays/presents might help, too.

I am no longer in high school, and when i was, I had no way of fitting it my Schuyler. I was in band and took extra computer classes. I am in college planning to major in computer programming, so I am not looking to cake decorate as a career--only as a hobby.

I would take classes, but I cannot afford it--I am barely able to get by as it is. I have already asked my family and friends to give me cake decorating tools for my birthday, etc., but that has not happened. I got some money and that money ended up going to my cat who needed some Frontline. Now, I am poor again.

I am not worried about it. I decorate the cakes when I am able to and when I have the means, I will pursue it further. Thanks for the ideas!  
16. ✿ - - - Food, Cooking & Baking

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games