Submit

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:45 pm
Takis pulls away a bit, in order to think slightly more clearly. It was strange how being around her seemed to simultaneously make everything fuzzy and clear. "I...I don't know," he admits with a shrug. "Quite honestly I hadn't thought much past this point." He chuckles nervously. "And....really....I don't know enough about this society I've been integrated into to know....to know if we're....allowed. What with you as the Seer and all....I suppose it'd be mad for them not to allow you a companion...but one never knows...." Takis trails off, realizing he's babbling again.

He takes a deep breath. "As for my part.....I just want to be with you."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:38 am
Sorting through her friend's words, concern crossed Vanya's face as she realized what he was thinking. Honestly, the thought had never crossed her mind, but now, it filled her with dread. What if...they couldn't be together? Why not? She knew many of their rules, having been born of the Tree, but they'd never had a Seer in her lifetime. And even if they had, she wouldn't exactly have familiarized herself with the mating restrictions of such a position as a young child. And yet, now, she seemed positively terrified that this could be true, that she and her new love might not be allowed to be together because of their new positions.

Strange how one's perspective could change so quickly.

"I...I don't know either," she finally whispered quietly, attempting to shake off her own thoughts. She had still been trying to wrap her head around the new responsibilities of her title, but she hadn't thought to ask about such restrictions, or if there were any. She gripped Takis' hands tightly in hers, seeming to draw strength from the connection. Her eyes closed and a stubborn look had fixed itself on her visage. "But I don't care," she stated bluntly.

It wasn't often that Vanya felt strongly enough about something to stand her ground. For the most part, she floated through life as a patient observer, content to go where life took her, even when it threw crazy twists and turns at her. But when she found something that she felt strongly enough about, she dug her hooves in stubbornly.

When she opened her eyes again, there was a strange fire there, behind the haze and not normally seen. As she understood, in this hierarchy, she ranked pretty highly...up there with only the Chief and Earthmother to report to. Given her behavior during the ceremony, she couldn't imagine the Earthmother turning now and forbidding the two from being together. And as for Rais? Well, honestly, Vanya had yet to make much of a connection at all either way with the Chief, so that might have to wait, but...what with his new mate-to-be and all, she couldn't see why he'd forbid one of his inner circle from doing the same, and with another Council member at that!

And even if he did...well...she'd...do something. Not sure what yet.

Worry still touching her features, however, she squeezed Takis' hands again. "I don't care what anyone says," she repeated stubbornly, shaking her head and making her leaves rustle. "I never asked for this responsibility...but I accepted it when it was thrust upon me. I should be allowed to do something for myself in return, right?"

"And besides," she continued in a softer tone, reaching up to touch Takis' cheek. "If all else fails, we still have each other."

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:41 am
Takis' heart leaps again in his chest with that little squeeze. Cripes, he was so in love. Completely and irreversibly.

Watching as that stubborn look flashed across Vanya's face, he can't help but smile. He can see the gears turning in her head, and knows that with each thought she'd be digging her heels in even more. "Then it's decided," he responds, instinctively leaning into her touch on his cheek.

He leans forward, touching his forehead to hers, then rubbing his nose against hers gently. He wraps his arms about her waist, folding her into his arms like he'd been wanting to do for so long, drawing her close into his chest.

"Tomorrow we can go speak with the new Matron, and make certain. But for now...we can just be here, together, and for each other."

Hesitantly, he touches his lips to hers.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:08 pm
The suggestion was a good one, and Vanya nodded once in reply. Tomorrow...they could wait until tomorrow to deal with any worries. For tonight, they deserved some peace and comfort in each others' company; the opportunity to relax and enjoy what they had, without complications, just the simple knowledge of...

Then, his lips brushed lightly against hers.

The sensation sent a jolt from her lips, down through her spine, throughout her entire being. Accompanied by another flash of color that she didn't have the time nor attention to devote to, she focused instead on the gesture itself that was sending pleasurable tingling all through her, all the way to her fingertips. She pulled away slightly, only for a moment, but she was smiling all the while, giving no mis-communication on exactly what she thought of Takis' actions.

She should have been shy, backwards, embarrassed, if pleased by the action. That would have been proper, right? And she'd been awkward up until this point with her actions, her words, all her social communication attempts. But something just felt right about this. And tonight, she'd decided that for now, at least, she was tired of over-thinking everything, of analyzing every move that she or others made. Sometimes, maybe you just had to follow your instincts.

So she did.

Which took the form of her wrapping her arms around Takis' neck and leaning in to eagerly return the gesture, fighting a happy grin the entire time.

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:43 pm
Takis isn't terribly surprised when she pulls away. She's always been unsure of herself in social situations, especially new ones. And especially considering her new....sensory situation....he doesn't want to overwhelm her.

And then she'd stepped back into him, embraced him, and kissed him for real. "Oh my," he observes before folding her into his arms again, returning the soft kiss, and, as his emotions take hold of him, finds himself intensifying his actions.

He breaks away with a boyish giggle. "Perhaps we should get out of the hallway," he suggests, bumping his forehead against hers affectionately. Before she can protest, he bends down and scoops her up, carrying her against his chest. They're together now, and he wants to show her that he's strong and decisive. He doesn't want to set a precedent of being fragile all the time, or pretending like his feelings don't matter. His feelings do matter, and what he's feeling now is love. Complete, unfettered, and insistent. He walks back toward Vanya's enclave and sets her down gently, then leans down and kisses her again.

"Would it be alright if I stayed a while?" he asks.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 9:02 pm
Letting out a small gasp of surprise when swept off her hooves, Vanya instinctively grabbed for her staff, clinging to it as she suddenly found herself hanging in mid-air. Then, she actually giggled, if quietly, reassured by Takis' closeness and in realization of what had just occurred. "Probably a good idea," she agreed belatedly, already being carried across the hall as she spoke. She didn't object.

A subtle, surprising feeling of sadness washed over Vanya as she was set down and Takis pulled away. She started to pout, to protest, to ask him not to leave...then he spoke first. After being so wary of another's touch, or even proximity, for so long, it should have been uncomfortable at best to be this close to another. And yet, Vanya felt more natural to keep close to Takis, in contact, as if it were reassuring for some reason. She reached up, placing her hand on his cheek with a smile.

"Of course it would. I wouldn't have it any other way."

She laid her staff on the floor, tucking it just under the cot, out of the way, but within reach so that she could find it again later. Then, she wiggled back to one side of the cot, her back to the wall of Laisidhiel, the invitation clear that she wouldn't mind if Takis joined her somewhere more comfortable. She had nothing on her mind except sleep, given the massive strides they'd already made in their relationship this evening as well as the late hour; only this new comfortable feeling at keeping her best friend, now more, close even while she slept. It was soothing, and deep down, she felt that she would rest much better with Takis here.

Staying a 'while' could be interpreted in whatever time frame was wished. She secretly hoped he'd at least stay until she fell asleep again. Longer would not be frowned upon either.

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 9:18 pm
Takis scoots into bed next to Vanya and draws the coverlet over the both of them. He lies flat on his back, his broad, flat chest an invitation for her to rest her head upon. He wraps the arm closest to her around her shoulders, drawing her closer so they'd both fit comfortably in the bed meant for one. He'd fix that in the morning...

Overwhelmed with the need to touch her, Takis smoothes his thumb over her shoulder in a soft rubbing motion. He wants to trace the outline of all of her spots in the faint moonlight, to run his fingers through her vibrant hair, to become intimately familiar with her physical being. But it was late, and they'd already come so far tonight. He's more than content with cuddling and sleeping the night together.

:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff