Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Books & Textbooks
Our Way is the Noble Way

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:42 am
------>Our Way is the Noble Way,
---------->Edward Cillian Montov

------>Diary
----------> History Section

A glimpse of truth from the eyes of the noble, this diary depicts the trials and tribulations, lies, and secrets undergone in the medieval era that concerned those of pure of blood.

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:55 am
26, February 1325

User Image

For centuries, the lineages of the wizarding world had been pure, and noble. I remember when my father, and his father before him, had each undergone the trails and tribulations I will soon face on my seventeenth name day. Arranged marriages have been a tradition since before anyone in my family could remember- and soon- I will understand that very same tradition. I cannot, in any fashion, admit that I am in fact pleased with the news that I will be betrothed to Daisy Eiffenhorn, she’s one of the foulest excuses for a woman I’ve had the misfortune to set my eyes upon. Unfortunately, I cannot complain, any hint of rebellion would only sacrifice my rights as Pureblood- besides, she’s by far better looking then the other few flowering women available.

Like my father says, it’s one thing to be a pureblood, to have both mother and father and grandparents born pure; but it is an entirely different matter to be a Pureblood. Being Pureblood is to have a family with not a single stained mark on their magic. Hopefully, one day, I’ll be able to come to terms with the fate that I’ve been born into.

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:06 am
29, February 1325

User Image

Dinner with Daisy was unbearable. I’ve never so much as seen a talking bird in this sense, as ever before. Such sweet little words they trained her to speak, as she seems to not harbor any mental capabilities of her own. All the better, my father had tried to explain, the fact that she’ll be willing to follow without fault would be best because the ties of marriages are political; and nothing more. One day, I will be able to relish in the feminine touch of any I would want- so long as I uphold to my duty as the noble and Honorable Mister Montov. All the same, I wonder how it came to be that blood status shot to the top of the priority list.

I assumed the Kings affairs would be of utmost importance…

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:09 am
3, March 1325

User Image

Incredible, I never had imagined that the fairy tale whispered to me as a child could hold so much truth in its context. Imagine, a world where every witch and wizard was pure, and whole. But the muggles saw fit to destroy that bond, they were the ones who had decided to sever the ties that had held the fabrication of our world for so long. In one fell swoop, because of one wizard, the muggles knew who we were, and they were far from welcoming.

As it seems, their defenses of mail, and metal greatly outweighed our cotton robes, and wooden wands. Their steel weaponry, forged from the blackest of fires, far outnumbered our own ranks during the war that they saw fit to engage. My father had told me the one thing a human fears most, is what they do not understand. But to wage war on a race that you could never truly comprehend- it all seems so foolish...

Ah well, I have a knighted guest to attend to for now. It was ordered by the foolish, Drunkard King, as he's so affectionately called- well- other than the mad king, but pray, that is a different story. The last thing I want is to host another party of men at arms.

Would if I could kick them all out, but the king insists, and, there's no defying the king. No matter how unruly, abusive, manipulative, and cruel he's become. Insanity is the price of royalty, my father told me once, and I can understand why.  

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:13 am
5, March 1325

User Image

Daisy knew. To imagine my shock would be to imagine the world falling from the sky. She told me about the war, how the muggles fought with mechanisms, all clad in shining steel. They marched in thousands, she told me, when they set foot on our lands- somehow, our defenses could not keep them out. And they attacked. Hundreds of thousands of muggles banded together to try and eradicate our world, our race, from fear. I couldn’t understand why, and I probably never will.

That war was what brought the beginnings of half bloods, and what would soon be called, mudbloods. They murdered our families, burned down our homes, pillaged our crops, and broke down our holdfasts. The magical families were in search disarray and disbelief, it was a wonder anyone had survived at all. Many of the women were killed, or worse,taken- it was the reason why I was to settle with Daisy, almost all others had been lost during the war.

True, a long time has past since that war I speak of, but during these times of hardship, there have been less babies being born, less marriages being constructed, and even fewer of the purest of blood.

The birth of half-bloods came at the end of this short-lived war because once it was known that we had been sought to be destroyed, we fought back. A week total, Daisy told me, that was how long it took to fight the muggles off of our lands, and chase them away in fear. The muggle world is still trying to get back on its feet after all of this time, but if it were my choice, I’d never let them after what they had done to us.

And if that wasn't enough, they stole our magic, too.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:22 am
13, March 1325

User Image

Tomorrow will be the day of my united marriage with Daisy, the Montav and Eiffenhorn houses will forever be tied with one another here after, sworn and bound together. Daisy doesn’t seem to like me anymore than I like her, which is good; at least we’re both in understanding of our place. But she taught me more about the war, it’s a wonder how she knows so much about it, and how I know nothing. As it turns out, it isn’t pure coincidence that I don’t know about the war- not many people do. Only a fraction of England had been under siege, and only that fraction would know- at least until death stole the news from them.

Our people are shamed, she told me last night while she was being fitted for her dress. She told me that the king’s pride was too badly wounded to admit that he had failed, or that he required assistance. Instead, he sent his own kings guard to defend the walls before the threat could fall on Hogwarts. But it’s been at least two hundres years since that war, Daisy says well be fine, but I somehow have my doubts.

Odd, the silver bell is ringing in the town square. Calling an audience. I know that bell, it's the dreadfully somber bell,

I think someone's about to be beheaded...

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:12 am
14, March 1325

User Image

The bell is still sounding, even today. I can still hear the sickening ease of a swish that had forcefully separated that man’s head from the rest of his body. Apparently, he’s a half-blood. Our King was less than pleased to find him, trying to learn our magic. The traitor who sought to teach him was beheaded too, and both of their lifeless skulls are now staked to the king’s high castle walls, staring down on everyone who dared look.

The king was a mad man, everybody knew it, but nobody dared to cross him. It’s said that he was the one who started it all, or at least, that’s what Daisy said. I don’t have the time or energy to dwell, though, soon I’ll inherit the holdfasts of my father, and I’ll be bound to hold the southern defenses. I’m to meet the King’s favorite and most loyal guard, Sir Robert Gray, to discuss further details in securing our kingdom safely away from the muggles. Because of this, my wedding ceremony has been postponed.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:13 am
16, March 1325

User Image

I can’t believe I’ve found any time to write, the king is dead, the Kings Guard is scattered, torn, and Sir Robert Gray accused with the treason of spilling the kings’ blood in his very own halls, in his sleep. A cruel world to not be able to trust your own guard, a cruel world indeed. The young prince will be crowned within the fortnight, and I will be summoned to swear my fealty to the prince, and his mother, the queen. I’ve never before seen the kingdom in such distress and chaos, but hopefully all will calm on the day of my wedding.

Daisy assures me that I’m worrying for naught, but I’m losing trust with my men. How can I be safe when the king himself was slain in his sleep? Extra precautions will have to be taken…

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:13 am
18, March 1325

User Image

The knight, now known forever as Sir Robert the Traitor, wasn’t beheaded like I was told. He was frozen, to forever serve his duties as a suit of armor. Fitting, isn’t it? My fealty was pledged to the young boy-king, and what a brat he turned out to be. No words of comfort will help me come to sleep this night, hopefully Daisy will understand. I have to admit, she’s much more clever then I would have ever thought: at least now I know not to judge a book by its cover. An important lesson to learn. However, owls have been bringing dark news as of late.

Another war seems to be fast approaching, who it’s with is still a mystery to me- the men never know why the king bids them, we simply have to do it anyway. Maybe all will come to light soon enough.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:14 am
29, March 1325

User Image

War’s been declared. My marriage to Daisy went by uneventful enough, but no sooner then the celebration had sparked to life, the war bells tolled. Thousands were murdered; I called my men at arms and joined the fight as soon as I was able, for some reason, Daisy seemed more then willing to assist my leave. I didn’t have time to dwell on it though, though I am going to have to remember to find a new squire- poor lad caught himself in middle.

As it turns out, it’s a civil war. The children of those muggles- now half-bloods, are seething. Many words traveled the battle grounds, and it was all I could do to listen while I struggled to survive. I don’t know how, but they learned our magic. They know our ways, but I don’t know how.

Daisy was quick to teach me. Hogwarts, she began, had been founded for the magical children to attend to hone their magical abilities, which had included half-bloods, and muggle-born. She told me that it was because of that war hundreds of years ago, that war had split our magical race down the line in the middle, and she told me the muggles had been planning our civil war for a centuries now.

She tried to explain the way that Godric Gryffindor, Helena Hufflepuff, and Rowena Ravenclaw wanted to assert a peace treaty, and constructed Hogwarts in that vision. By what Daisy says, Salazar Slytherin is the only one with any sense. All of the efforts strained seemed to be fruitless, more and more families seem to fall from grace.

Soon, I’ll put a child in Daisy, and we’ll establish the foundations our fathers had established for us, together.

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:15 am
14, May 1325

User Image

The boy-king himself sat in audience during the feast of my triumphs. With the help of the houses Frighjoy, Humber, and Reelwright, we successfully drove back the half-blood forces marched to our kingdom. Where they fled is another mystery, but the kingdom, for now, is safe. Daisy’s been sick, as of late. I can’t put my finger on it, but she's been acting- well- different, too. I can only hope that it is because of the swell in her belly, and in her breasts. She’ll soon bear my child, and if the gods are just, my child will be a boy. When I decidedly prodded her to delve more information on the ancient war, she had insisted I didn’t want to hear the rest. But she knew better than to fight me, and she relented.

She told me that the half-bloods were not all at fault. Before the first war had ever come to pass, there had been witches and wizards all fleeing the tyrannical rule of their king, and fled to live with the muggles. She told me that there are much more half-bloods in this world then first thought, but because they were believed to be so far and few and in between, they hid, always fearful of what could happen if caught. She tries to tell me that they’ll, in the end, become of use to me. That even the strongest and smartest of dogs were mutts. But the gentle heart of a woman is the reason why men must lead, her plans are folly, but she refuses to listen to me; set in her ways.

I’ll try to convince her otherwise later, but for now, I’m feeling a dreadful pain in my stomach, it’s been there ever since Daisy personally delivered my bowl of stew for me. Hopefully, she wasn’t the one to cook it, or I’ll be sick for weeks.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:16 am
26, May 1325

User Image

If you’ve come to find this, then that means Edward Cillian Montav is dead. No hints of magical traces were found on his person, and it seems that he had fallen ill of natural circumstances. All titles, lands, and holdfasts will be passed unto me, Daisy Montav, and my unborn son, Edward Clouse Montav. The newly reigning, boy-king, will be my next husband come the fall, thanks to the ever-persistence of my father, the King’s Councilors.

Edward Cillian Montav was a fool with too much honor, and too much trust in his men. This kingdom is a war ground, and only the strong survive. Let this be a lesson to you all, never underestimate the sweet embrace of a woman’s heart, because it can turn into a deadly vice just as quickly. Soon, my son will reign as king, and I, his mother queen.

If you are not of a pureblood status, it will be safest if you fled. There will be no place for half-bloods in my court save for the slaves, and as such, there will be less of a welcoming to traitors. If all goes as planned, then the next time you’ll see me, I’ll be seated atop a noble throne beneath a regal crown, and all will tremble at the sight of me.

And then revenge will take it's course, and all those who defied the unspoken law of intimacy with muggles will suffer, and burn for the treasons they commited against the crown. All those tainted in blood that are found attempting to learn magic will understand the true meaning of vengeance.

Let it be known, here on out, that stealing magic from the pure is the most vile act of treason that could ever be committed.

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
Books & Textbooks

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers